Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/26/2007, 10:23 PM
Registered Member

24 to 100 transfer questions

My 100 is now cycled at roughly 2 months and everything in water quality is great. 0 nitrites, nitrates, ammonia. PH is 7.5. I already have corals growing in the system along with a few polyps and mushrooms from my 24 gallon aquapod. I have fuge on full blast along with a G-2 skimmer and flow and already two small fish "chromis and bi-color blenny" Everything is doing fine.

Question: What's the best way to transfer my 24 aquapod with it's two fish and tons of coral to this new tank?

Ie: time, how much and when, etc.....

Thanks
Old 12/26/2007, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Since your tank has cycled, you could probably just put everthing in all at once whenever you are ready. That is a very small load on 100 gallons.
Old 12/27/2007, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Including the 40 gallon sump underneath it. Thanks.

Also I was wrong on the PH reading I looked at the card wrong it's at roughly 8.4
Old 12/27/2007, 11:26 AM
Premium Member

Are PH, temp and salinity the same between the two tanks? If not you should acclimate to the new tanks water. I like the drip method.
Old 12/27/2007, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Yeah I always acclimate everything even when switching from tank to tank. I acclimate temp first, then 25% water from new tank into tub of new animal, then 50%, then 75%, then in over about three hours or so depending on what it is. I've never had a problem.
Old 12/27/2007, 08:43 PM
Moved On

yup just put everything into a rubbermaid and acclimate then just put all your stuff in there.