Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Connecticut Area Reef Society (C.T.A.R.S.)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/03/2007, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

c'mon Pats!

At least this game has got me interested.
Old 12/03/2007, 10:46 PM
Turn on Tune In Drop Out

a close game is a good game, so long as the pats keep the lead the whole time.

this close is too close.

EDIT.

WOW, double sacks, a 30 yard punt return, AND a penalty on it?

youve got to be kidding me!

An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator Temporarily Out of Order" sign, only "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the Convenience."

Last edited by mr pink floyd; 12/03/2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12/03/2007, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

OK, are we wide awake now?
Old 12/04/2007, 08:47 AM
Enjoying every minute.

I want to know where the Pats went?? Past 2 weeks = 2 sub par teams close the spanking their butts. I expect this type game from legit teams...Colt, Steelers, Packers, Cowboys...that's about it.
Old 12/04/2007, 08:49 AM
Enjoying every minute.

Pats O-line needs to step it up and the receivers need to hold on to balls for cyring out loud.
Old 12/04/2007, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

if i was getting paid that much i can promise you i'd catch every ball even if that included putting super-glue on my hands ahah. Its always the easy ones they drop where they are wide open.
Old 12/04/2007, 10:50 AM
I'm Not Perfect

Cato...Wait are you the same guy who just a few weeks ago was saying they are the greatest team of all time. Are you now doubting them?

A couple of lucky wins, but wins none the less. Only one more challenge for them until they meet Indy in the playoffs, although the Giants D might give them some trouble.

Keith
Old 12/04/2007, 11:45 AM
Enjoying every minute.

Quote:
Originally posted by argi
Cato...Wait are you the same guy who just a few weeks ago was saying they are the greatest team of all time. Are you now doubting them?

A couple of lucky wins, but wins none the less. Only one more challenge for them until they meet Indy in the playoffs, although the Giants D might give them some trouble.

Keith
No Keith. That was not me. It was my evil twin. I am a Gemini ya know.

ps They are the greatest team to ever play the game.
Old 12/04/2007, 12:01 PM
I'm Not Perfect

Quote:
Originally posted by chirocato
ps They are the greatest team to ever play the game***.
I am glad you see it my way now

BTW...I would love to get tickets to this weekends game. Anyone got a line on three tickets?
Old 12/04/2007, 12:41 PM
I'm Not Perfect

WOW...I just checked out some ticket sites and man are tickets outrageously priced, some as high as $2500 (not sure if that was for a single ticket or pair). I would never pay anywhere close to that for a ticket to any sports event. So if anyone has some $70 tickets on the 50 yard line one or two rows back I would be interested in them, LOL.
Old 12/04/2007, 12:41 PM
Premium Member

I don't know yet if they're the greatest team of all time, but their games are certainly entertaining.

The pitt game should be a good one as Pitt's got good running like Baltimore and should put pressure on Brady like baltimore/philly.

I'm still rooting for my crappy Eagles. However, since they are officially terrible this year after last weeks debacle, I now have time to go to the CTARS meetings!! I just may bring a pocket radio or call my brother for scores.
Old 12/04/2007, 12:43 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
WOW...I just checked out some ticket sites and man are tickets outrageously priced, some as high as $2500 (not sure if that was for a single ticket or pair). I would never pay anywhere close to that for a ticket to any sports event. So if anyone has some $70 tickets on the 50 yard line one or two rows back I would be interested in them, LOL.
haha. Wow, for $70, even I'll go to a Pats game. lol
Old 12/04/2007, 03:13 PM
Enjoying every minute.

Pitts got nuthin'. Cripe, they almost lost to Miami!!!
Old 12/04/2007, 03:21 PM
Turn on Tune In Drop Out

anyone else getting suspicious?

believe me,i LOVE the pats, but tis getting rediculous...

i would not be surprised at all if the league is "helping" them by using "sports mechanics"(look at a thread in the lounge for the joke) to make a buck

An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator Temporarily Out of Order" sign, only "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the Convenience."
Old 12/04/2007, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

I had the chance to buy 2 tickets for 250$ i'm kicking myself in the *** right now even if i didn't go i should have sold them.
Old 12/04/2007, 06:32 PM
I'm Not Perfect

Quote:
Pitts got nuthin'. Cripe, they almost lost to Miami!!!
Did you see the field conditions? Even New Englands offense would have been lucky to score. When you punt and the ball plugs in the ground, you know the field is in bad shape. They really need to go to fake grass there. Even this past game against Cincy the field looked horrible and was getting torn up.
Old 12/04/2007, 07:31 PM
Enjoying every minute.

Ya ya ya, a little bit o water. Big deal. You musta missed that game when the Pats won the "snowbowl" a few years back. Just hafta know how to play in off weather.
Old 12/04/2007, 07:55 PM
Enjoying every minute.

Oh yeah...the Colts got nuthin' J-ville almost warmed their fanny at home the same way the Pats warmed their fanny. Manning is plain over rated. They'll be lucky to even lock up a bye. IMO
Old 12/04/2007, 07:57 PM
I'm Not Perfect

little bit of water??? I think it rained 2 or 3 inches in an hour, plus new sod=slop bowl.

Without a doubt outdoor teams have an advantage over indoor teams when the elements come in to play. I actually didn't see the whole game (Pats vs. Indy) as I was coming home from a ski trip, but I don't recall the field being as bad as Pittsburgh was (but maybe I am wrong).
Old 12/04/2007, 08:04 PM
I'm Not Perfect

Quote:
Oh yeah...the Colts got nuthin' J-ville almost warmed their fanny at home the same way the Pats warmed their fanny. Manning is plain over rated. They'll be lucky to even lock up a bye. IMO
I think you are a little jealous at this point. Once Brady breaks Peyton's records you will have a little more to stand on, but until then you will just have to keep dreaming. Manning has proven his worth over the years, just as Brady has. Now if you want to talk about Eli, that is a whole different story, but Peyton is no where near overrated.

I am not sure if you noticed or not but Jacksonville has a good record. Indy didn't almost get beaten by two teams with losing records, they almost got beaten by a good team .
Old 12/04/2007, 08:09 PM
Enjoying every minute.

J-ville = overrated.
Old 12/04/2007, 08:10 PM
Enjoying every minute.

But then again SD...well well well. junk!
Old 12/04/2007, 08:44 PM
I'm Not Perfect

Quote:
But then again SD...well well well. junk!
That game was your former kickers lose, not the teams. Peyton did his part to get the team where they needed to be to win the game right at the end. That should have been a win for Indy but somehow Mike Vanderjet (or how ever you spell his last name) took over Adams body and made him miss the kick.

Indy easily could be unbeaten (both games they have lost they could have won) but were unable to execute at the end. The Pats have been able to (with the refs help ).

Dec 23rd will be intersting (if the Pats don't get beaten). Miami will have a chance to remain the only unbeaten team if they can knock off NE. Wouldn't that be great, their first win allows Miami to still remain the only unbeaten team. Well I can dream, LOL.
Old 12/04/2007, 08:46 PM
I'm Not Perfect

Quote:
J-ville = overrated.
But I think by your standards every team except the Patriots are overrated .

BTW did the Sox get Santana...talk about a good pick up!!! As long as the Bankee's don't get him it will all be good.
Old 12/04/2007, 08:54 PM
Enjoying every minute.

Quote:
But I think by your standards every team except the Patriots are overrated .