Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Upstate Reef Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/30/2007, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

Caribbean Forest

Are they still there?

Anybody have the email address for the Caribbean Forest. I sent email to the address listed on the website and got it bounced back with a "host unknown" message. I cut and pasted the address so it wasn't a typo.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 11/30/2007, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

I know they are still there...I was there earlier this week looking at some corals. As for the email address i don't have it...but know the crew we have on here i know someone has to have it
Old 12/01/2007, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Dave,

I don't think they have time to spend on the website lately. They've been pretty busy and haven't updated it much or checked their emails but the store is there and doing really well.
Old 12/01/2007, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't think they have time to spend on the website lately. They've been pretty busy and haven't updated it much or checked their emails but the store is there and doing really well.
If they don't check their email then they shouldn't post it on there website with contact information. In this day and age that is like not answering their phone. I guess if they are doing well they don't need my business.

Dave
Old 12/01/2007, 11:44 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by daveverdo
If they don't check their email then they shouldn't post it on there website with contact information. In this day and age that is like not answering their phone. I guess if they are doing well they don't need my business.

Dave
That's a pretty bold statement. It may not be that they're too busy to change things. It may be that they have a different ISP and have an updated email, it could be lots of things. THey're a very face to face company. Personally, I'd rather have someone in the store talking to me instead of being cooped up answering emails.
Old 12/01/2007, 11:57 AM
yes it's my aquarium

This is crazy. If contact via email doesn't work why not call on the phone? We have email at my business of employment but the vast majority of business is done over the phone. I'm sure it's the same @ CF and most other retail businesses. Call 'em!
Old 12/01/2007, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It may not be that they're too busy to change things.
I am just responding to someone saying they are too busy. I live 2 hours fomr the store and want to see if the have something in stock. I feel it is better to email the question then to call and interrupt what they are doing.

I know when I am in a store and someone calls and gets served ahead of me I get upset. I am there and the person on the phone gets preference, they should have to wait. Email is much better (and less rude) for both parties. I can email any time and they can respond any time.

Just my view of retail in the 21st century.

Dave
Old 12/01/2007, 12:07 PM
yes it's my aquarium

Dave- I'm sure there are good reasons that CF didn't respond to your email. I would call them and see if they have what you want in stock. If they do, you might politely ask them to hold it for you until you can get to the store.
To all reading this thread:
one thing I've learned over the years dealing with LFS's- don't expect a LFS to hold something for any great length of time. They can't afford to get burned. They need our business as much as we (the reefkeeping hobbyist) needs them.
CF are super folks and I'm sure they want your business. Give 'em a ring.
Old 12/01/2007, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

The problem is not that they did not respond. That would be another story.

The email address on their website does not work. I started out by asking if anyone had an updated email address. The second response alleged that they were too busy to work through email.

I am not upset with them for not responding, I just don't understand why businesses have websites and don't keep them up to date. Again if they don't like email that is fine, but then don't post it as a form of contact. If they didn't have their email address on the website to begin with, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Dave
Old 12/01/2007, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

And their email not working may not even be their fault. Maybe their ISP has implemented new email filtering software, maybe your ISP is blacklisted by their email service. There are TONS of reason email messages may be bounced. It best to CALL them and make them aware of that problem so they can contact thier service and have it checked into.
Old 12/01/2007, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Dave,

Sorry to even make a comment...geez
Old 12/02/2007, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

brbora6@aol.com if that doesnt work then use lpg1358@yahoo.com
one of those should work for you.