Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Photography
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/30/2007, 12:57 AM
Registered Member

Sorta getting the hang of it

I use a tripod to get any close-up shots now...I'm using the macro and super macro function and manual focus where possible.

Freshly installed TBS Live Rock part 1. Part 2 in a couple of weeks or less. I can't wait.

Old 11/30/2007, 12:59 AM
Metal Lives

looks nice but if its a new tank, and that is uncured live rock id get that hepatus tang out, pretty good chance you would lose it.
Old 11/30/2007, 01:28 AM
Registered Member

Funny you should mention that. I actually setup a QT and my puffer, trigger and another fish died in the QT. So I had no choice but to throw in the tang, damsel and lumare wrasse back in the main. I've been taking readings and the Ammonia levels never got above 0.5 ppm. It's Tampa Bay Saltwater rock shipped from Atlantic to Pacific shores via SouthWest Airlines in native water.

According to my friend the watchman gobey lived through several "dark tank moments" so I left him in there since day 1. This is TBS live rock and TBS live sand. Of course, I've been keeping track of all the other essentials like Nitrites, Nitrates, alkalinity and calcium levels. I have documented that the nitrogen cycle has been going to completion.

I would never do this with LFS rock or a box of mostly dead Fiji rock.

Quote:
Originally posted by New_Noob
looks nice but if its a new tank, and that is uncured live rock id get that hepatus tang out, pretty good chance you would lose it.
Old 11/30/2007, 01:35 AM
Registered Member

It's been 9 days since I installed the TBS Live Rock and 8 days of having higher life forms (vertabrates) in the tank.. here are yesterday's readings...

76.1 F water temperature
0 ppm Ammonia
0.25 ppm Nitrite
5 to 10 ppm Nitrate
410 ppm Calcium
Old 11/30/2007, 05:38 PM
Mouth Pipetting

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisChow
Funny you should mention that. I actually setup a QT and my puffer, trigger and another fish died in the QT. So I had no choice but to throw in the tang, damsel and lumare wrasse back in the main.
Were all six of these fish in QT at the same time?
Old 11/30/2007, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Yes they were.

That's probably why. Looked like the puffer went first. When I found him at 3AM he was upside down in the tank. The two nearest fish to the puffer that died were the trigger and the black damsel. However, the wrasse was near the puffer but he didn't seem to have any issues. The tang was sleeping on the other side of the tank but looked like in distress by it's heightened respiration.

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Montgomery
Were all six of these fish in QT at the same time?
Old 11/30/2007, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Today finally got pics of mantis

He/she's only about 2" long.

Old 12/01/2007, 12:27 AM
Premium Member

Good Looking Live Rock and Pics!!!! Keep them coming....