Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/26/2007, 01:01 AM
Registered Member

hiring LFS?

does anybody know of any LFS in sac that might be hiring? i'm going to try calling around when i can get the time. right now i'm working in aquatics at the davis petco and am tired of it.
Old 11/26/2007, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

nobody?
Old 11/26/2007, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

Nope. Dont know of any. Maybe Exotic or fish planet?
Old 11/26/2007, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

I heard Exotic might be hiring in the next few weeks...

Recent aquisitions:
Coral -> Ponape Seriatopora
Fish -> Pseudocheilinus hexataenia (Six Line Wrasse)
Gadget -> Eheim 1262
Old 11/26/2007, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

sweet, i've never been into exotic, i've heard it's a pretty big store though. i've been into fish planet once during the ACA convention and loved it.
Old 11/26/2007, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

You must check out exotic, it is the biggest fish store I have ever
been too. They are about twice the size of fish planet.

Jack
Old 11/27/2007, 12:00 AM
Teeam Gary!

Exotic would be a long drive from Woodland.

Local stores

You may want to check the BAR forum for stores to the West of you as well. Good luck!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for a whole weekend.
Old 11/27/2007, 01:47 AM
Registered Member

stores to the west? which ones? in davis there are two stores that carry fish(there used to be 4 or 5) and that's petco and davis ace, ace has some neat fish but they've got 6 tanks total for them. in woodland there is only woodland aquarium, and john is great, i really like going into his store(just hate his UGFs) but unfortunately he isn't hiring.
Old 11/27/2007, 02:20 AM
Premium Member

danyal, isn't woodland aquarium all fresh water?

also, there is nothing closer than our sac stores west. you have sea splendor in fairfield (40 min) and vallejo aquarium (just opened and farther away).
Old 11/27/2007, 10:38 AM
Reef Cowboy

They have 6 SW tanks. Maybe 6-8 fish at a time. No reef stuff though. Real old school. I gotta say, John is hard-core about QT. I'd buy any fish from him.
Old 11/27/2007, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

Just make sure you don't have anything to do for a couple hours if you go there...........the guy loves to talk!
Old 11/27/2007, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
They have 6 SW tanks. Maybe 6-8 fish at a time. No reef stuff though. Real old school. I gotta say, John is hard-core about QT. I'd buy any fish from him.
yea, he doesn't do reefs but his FW livestock is great. i've never really heard that much about QT from him, but he is rather knowledgable about so many aspects of the hobby that it wouldn't suprise me.
Quote:
Just make sure you don't have anything to do for a couple hours if you go there...........the guy loves to talk!
]
definitly, last time i was there i spent an hour and a half talking to him.
Quote:
you have sea splendor in fairfield (40 min) and vallejo aquarium (just opened and farther away).
i'll have to check that out, the closest one according to the sac area map was crystal aquarium. exotic is 29miles/31min according to microsoft streets and maps. if its worth it, i don't mind driving, and if i enjoy the job then driving for half an hour or so to get there is worth it to me. up until about 2mo ago i really enjoyed working at petco. didn't o-street just open up a new store? does vallejo have an online-site? i thought i had found one and it looked pretty nice until i realized it was in vallejo, ca, quite a drive.

Last edited by Danyal; 11/27/2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11/27/2007, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

31 minutes without traffic, its taken me over an hour to get to exotic before. You should go check it out though, its a cool store. My favorites are fish planet, O st and exotic (in no order). They are all good stores. Dont know if any are hiring though. I see more and more woodland folks everyday on here. We should have a woodland / davis tank tour sometime.
Old 11/27/2007, 06:56 PM
Teeam Gary!

Yes, O st opened one on Belvedere, just off Power Inn Rd, south of Folsom Blvd. I used to work in that area, awful commute.
Getting to Exotic in peak commute traffic would be hell. If you don't have to start your shift until 10 it wouldn't be as bad.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you can get rid of him for a whole weekend.
Old 11/28/2007, 01:55 AM
Registered Member

i love o-street and fish planet. somebody needs to open up a big store in woodland.