Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/19/2007, 02:06 AM
Registered Member

Cool RED SEA MAX AQUARIUM

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and so far this website is awesome full of info. I am ready to get a new tank of my own and I have being doing some research, I saw and ad in marine fish and reef
magazine about a new tank called RED SEA MAX marine aquarium I check out there web site and I was pleased with what I saw and I am
leaning towards purchasing one but with so many choices outhere now I am bit confused has anyone heard of has one of this tanks and what are your professional opinions on it. I read on the newbie article that it is best to purchase a larger tank vs a smaller tank preferably a 100 gallon tank because of temperature changes in the water the red seamax is a 34 gallons but they claim that is not like a nano tank since nano tank require a lot more expertise to handle and keep a reef in good condition. This tank seems to be for the novice and for the advanced so they claim. Any feed back info will help.

Thanks

SHarky
Old 11/19/2007, 09:03 PM
Member of SEA-T

my personal thoughts on that tank is that it is awesome. one of the guys in our club has one, and i was really impressed with it. the best part is everything is built in to one unit. and everything does its job. the lighting is decent and will keep up with the demands of most soft corals, and some LPS. some lower light SPS will probably do ok in that system as well.

the larger the tank is the easier it is to keep the water parameters in check. with more water volume there is more room for error. however, that is no reason not to get a smaller tank. it just means you will need to keep a closer check on things.
Old 11/19/2007, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

they are awsome if you can afford the 800 bux.... my lfs has one for sale all set up it looks sick
Old 11/19/2007, 10:38 PM
Premium Member

Hey sharky. Welcome to RC! This is a great place.

If you want to read about the RSM, check out the nano forum located a few forums below reef discussion. There is a huge thread in there dedicated to RSM owners. I'd do a search and post the link for you here myself but the wonderful search function that should at least work for paid members, isn't working once again.

Anyway, FWIW I think they're really cool too.

Edit: Ha, well what do you know. It was right at the top. Found it 'manually'. lol

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1231613