Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > El Paso Marine Aquarium Society (ELPMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/18/2007, 09:21 PM
King of the Tank!

Meeting pics!!

Hey! Great meeting. Nice to meet the new people and see everyone. Here are some pics.

Jay
Old 11/18/2007, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

I came late around 3 and no one was there! Where did you guys go? What time did everyone leave?

Josh
Old 11/18/2007, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

Ya i enjoyed the meeting!!!
met alot of different people i didnt know....
Learned alot moe info... n got a big project of rearranging the cinder block stand thanks for all the input and neat frags!!! =)
I will keep you guys posted later in the week tosee how the project went....

nice pics Jay!!! koo pic of me n angel unware lol
Old 11/18/2007, 09:59 PM
King of the Tank!

Josh - Sorry we missed you. I had to leave around 2:30 and the rest headed over to BJ's. They are probably still there!!

Jake - You guys are famous now!!

Jay
Old 11/18/2007, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

Good time-Nice meeting the people I didn't know already.Thanks to all the guys I got the frags from.Ed the alien eyes are kicking.Stayvoltage-the shrooms have great color under my lights,the one in the shell is huge. Sparky yours are very colorful also,And the zoa frag I got from the guy in Las Cruces.I'm terrible with names,I know it started with a S.If you are on the forum please remind me of your name.Killingseed nice to finally meet you.And finally to SAM for having us all over to the shop.And thanks for taking care of my tank while I'm in San Antonio for THANKSGIVING.I'll call you later Sam. Thanks again to all of you.

Jeff
Old 11/18/2007, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Glad I finally made it to one of the meetings! It was great seeing everyone and getting to check out the various top-off systems that were demonstrated.
Old 11/19/2007, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

I had a great time at the meeting guys. It was good to meet everybody outside of Reef Central. Also thanks for all of the frags I got.
Old 11/19/2007, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Well after digging a hole in my mom’s kitchen to fix a linking pipe and then leaving the hole to go to the meeting oops. I finally fixed the pipe this morning. It was being a pain to fix last night grrr!.

It was a good meeting lots of new faces. A lot of great people for talk and share with. Finally got to but some “screen names with face.” I would like to thank ben for bring his ATO to the meeting and allowing others to see what is was and how it work. Thank jay for his input on the tunze ATO and discussing its usage with the people that showed up. Also like to thank sam for opening his shop on a Sunday to allow us a place to hang out and make a mess of. Hope you have a mop!.

Its always great to talk tanks, reefs, and fish with others and get feedback and opinions.

Great turn out keep it up.

p.s. I hope even one that had a chance to see my tank enjoyed it as much as i do.
Old 11/19/2007, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

Yea thanks everyone for coming.
Thanks Killingseed for the tour and frag.
Thanks Sam for the space and hope you made a few extra $$ on your day off.
Really enjoyed hanging out at the resturant and chatting. WOuld like to do it again some time!!

Maybe next time we get it a little more organized. That way it won't be so short!
Old 11/19/2007, 07:51 PM
Registered Member

Nice Pics J. I had a good time!!!
Old 11/19/2007, 09:24 PM
King of the Tank!

A few pics of the frags I got at the meeting from John (Strayvoltage) and Zed (Zed915). Thanks guys! I’m getting full that is for sure as I’m having a hard time placing the two below! Notice the frag lying on its side. I’m starting early this time!!

I superglued this one down and for some reason the hermits were going crazy over it. After the lights went out I noticed one had stuck his shell into the glue and was attached to it so I had to use epoxy!

John, the family loved these!!

I should have said in my first post thanks to Sam for hosting!! I too hope you made a little money. I think the top off demo was perfect and wish I had seen something like that when I was setting up my tank. Hopefully those that are not using one got the idea how easy life is without having to manually add top off water.

I know I saw some other cameras so post em if you got them!!

Jay
Old 11/19/2007, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

looks and sounds like everyone had a good time.....I hope that I will be able to make the next one.
Old 11/19/2007, 10:59 PM
Registered Member

I would first like to thank Sam for having the meet at his shop. The turn out was great, I hope we can keep the numbers up. You took sone good shots Jay. I hope all the frags do well for you. I think the three colors are going to look nice when they cover that branch rock you put them on.

Jay the frags you gave me are doing great, thanks a lot. I am going to wait to take pics til I re scape my nano so they don;t have to be on the frag rock. Oh yeah Jay I was going to tell you, on the buttom polyps there is a blue to white look they have it will go away and is nothing to worry about. The entire colony got bleached I guess but as you can see is almost totally recovered.
Old 11/20/2007, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

I want to thank everyone that came, and I enjoyed hosting it. I hope everyone also enjoyed it, and be patient...we will only get stronger and have more things to do. I would like to see us hold the "Audience a little longer with more Substance" especially for those that drive from far away.

I think there are some new people and we need to talk about the basics and get some "Q and A" going.

All in all......a good meeting.
Old 11/20/2007, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

I'm ticked I did not get to attend. Babysitter fell through and did not wish to turn the store into Romper Room. I'll try again for next time.
Old 11/20/2007, 07:49 PM
Registered Member

i take is sense you missed your the next HOST! rlcline76
Old 11/20/2007, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Oh sure. lol
I can demonstrate how to do a water change while I have 2 kids hanging off me...just like Donna Reed!
Old 11/20/2007, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

maybe you could teach my wife that trick
Old 11/20/2007, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

...yeah, and make a tasty casserole at the same time.

lol

Of course, that would mean I would have to clean, so by the time the guests would be arriving I would be on beer duty...water change? What water change?
Old 11/20/2007, 10:57 PM
Registered Member

Hey guys I had a great time! The frags are coming along well Strayvoltage and Jay. Sam thinks again, it was another successful meeting. Look forward to the next. Souleman what happend?
Old 11/20/2007, 11:26 PM
King of the Tank!

Quote:
Originally posted by rlcline76
Oh sure. lol
I can demonstrate how to do a water change while I have 2 kids hanging off me...just like Donna Reed!
Enjoy them now as when they get older they ask for cars and stay out late!! I never did that to my parents!!

Jay
Old 11/21/2007, 04:18 AM
Registered Member

Im looking foward to the next meeting!! Maybe Jennifer can come with me next time cause i know she would of enjoyed it.
Old 11/21/2007, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zed915
Hey guys I had a great time! The frags are coming along well Strayvoltage and Jay. Sam thinks again, it was another successful meeting. Look forward to the next. Souleman what happend?
I have been out of town for a family emergency. i will be back this week on Friday. I was supposed to come back today but got delayed. Sorry i couldn't make it and it looks like everyone had a great time.
Dennis
Old 11/21/2007, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

sorry to hear that SOULEMAN, hope everything turns out ok!
Old 11/21/2007, 06:54 PM
King of the Tank!

Quote:
Originally posted by killingseed
sorry to hear that SOULEMAN, hope everything turns out ok!
Me too Dennis!! Safe travels!!!

Jay