Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/16/2007, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

FS: live rock, sand, and corals (San Carlos)

This is a repost of thread I started in the selling forum. Im located in San Carlos, just north of Redwood City:

I have about 200 pounds of premium live rock for sale for $3 per pound. It is a mixture of Tonga, Fiji, and some Fiji branch. I have huge show pieces as well as smaller pieces. This rock came from three separate systems that have been torn down and is now in a large heated and aerated holding bin. If someone wants to take the rest of it off my hands I can go as low as $2.25.

Additionally, I have maybe 100 lbs of live sand that is still in the system that I can sell for $1 per pound or $0.70 in bulk. The sand is Aragamax sugar fine oolite and is full of worms and and such. It has been in an established system for more 2 years.

I also have 30lbs bags of the same sand for $15 each (they retail for $30 I believe).

If your looking for corals, I still have a bunch of stuff left (sorry, no current pictures). Most of it is some nice zoanthid rocks and a bunch of ricordia yumas of different colors. I have 4 different kinds of montipora including the popular one with the purple rim and cool green color (cant remember the name). I also have some other SPS, but dont know the specific types.

Its not ready to go yet (as it still is full of coral and sand) but I also am selling my 100 gallon long aquarium with 80 gallon sump and stand. It is plumbed with two corned overflows and includes the main pump and a closed loop pump all for $500.

All my stuff is priced to move as I need to be out of my place by the end of the month!!! Help me out and get a great deal at the same time.

Im located in San Carlos (near Redwood City) at 110 Glenn Way #16, 94070. Call me at 805-215-8853 to setup an appointment.
Old 11/16/2007, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

what colors are your ricordia and yuma also how big and how much are they cause i live pretty close. i live in belmont. also are you going to post pictures cause i would really like to see what they look like
Old 11/16/2007, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

yumas

I have a bunch of green yumas that grow to about an inch in daimeter but spreads quickly. Singles go for $5 with most rocks for $10 to $20. There are also some large red ones (just a few left) for $20 to $30. There is a third multi colored yuma that grows to be fairly large though the few I have left are all about 1/2 an inch. One rock with three is $15 while another rock with two larger ones and a bunch of red zoas is $30. I think I have some pink and purple ricordia floridas as well. Ill be here till 7:30 or so today and maybe around on Sunday as well. Give me a call 805-215-8853
Old 11/16/2007, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

yuma pics

I dont really have time to do pics though as things are going fast and the tank is located at my office
Old 11/16/2007, 10:31 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Do you know the name description of the zoo's

" Charles V "
Old 11/17/2007, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

I don't know the name brands if they have them. There are some red ones, bright yellow ones, these (under a moonlight):

and maybe a few others
Old 11/17/2007, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

you got PM
Old 11/17/2007, 02:58 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

cook are those the only pics of the zoos that you have? or you have other zoas?

LMK im intrested in a frag

" Charles V "
Old 11/25/2007, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Pics of stuff I have left

Here are descriptions of some of th stuff I have left with pics. I need to move the tank by Tuesday so if anyone is interested in anything, contact me ASAP. I will be available on Sunday....

Overall view of whats left in the tank

red montipora. about 5" wide. $25

Huge bluish SPS about 8" by 5". It been growing outward with small fingers coming off. Could be broken into multiple frags. $25

Some kind of branching SPS on 6" round rock. About 3" wide. $15

Another Montipora. Not very colorful in my tank but would do better under more light. $15

Branching SPS. very pretty under proper lighting. Has bluish tips and grows quickly. $25

Pretty yellow zoas on a 6" round rock. $20
Old 11/25/2007, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

And some more:

Same zoas on a smaller rock $15

In my opinion, the best coral i have left. This rock has a combination of about 6 multi-colored ricordia yumas and a ton of red zoas. The other side of the rock is covered with the zoas. $30

Some kind of red SPS. $15

Pretty green paly (not fully opened for the pic). I have two rocks like this for $15 each.

Green Yumas! I have a bunch of rocks with multiple yumas on each. $10-20.

Green/blue zoas with orange center $15

Some kind of SPS $10

2" frags of a fast growing montipora that is green with purple growth tips. Very good coral $15
Old 11/25/2007, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

I'd be interested in your favorite yuma/zoa rock for 30
Old 11/25/2007, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Im trying to get rid of this stuff ASAP. Are you available today? Ill be at my office (where the tank is) around 4 or so. Give me a call 805-215-8853

-Steve
Old 11/26/2007, 02:10 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

DO you still have those zoos with the larger pic under moonlights, bluish with green tentacles ? I can pick up tuesday.

" Charles V "
Old 11/26/2007, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

Hi Steve,

I'll be calling you later to stop by and pick up some of your zoo rocks and/or yumas. I get off work at 4 and work in San Carlos so it should work out for both of us.

Thanks

Mark

David Letterman, Cabin Boy
Old 12/02/2007, 01:32 AM
Registered Member

if you still have the green yuma rock or other yumas would you be willing to ship?
Old 12/02/2007, 01:38 AM
Registered Member

how many bags of the sand do you still have? I f it enough I will drive up and pick up a few! need about 5 bags if you got them.