Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/16/2007, 06:26 PM
My Boys

MRC Dual beckett skimmer pic.'s

here's the new skimmer running.

not sure if this is how it is suppose to look while its skimming but thought I would share some pic's.
yes its on an end table in front of my tank. LMAO. just untill I figure out what I am gonna be doing with it and where its going to go.

First thing out of my wifes mouth was don't think that's staying there. ... I might just leave it there so she has to deal with it. and the second thing she said was if you keep this up we won't have a living room. who needs a living room?
It's Not The Beginning Or The End That Counts It's The Journey That Gets You There That Matters.Autism Is Just A Symptom.Over Coming It Is A Challenge.A Disability Is The Ability To Do Things Differently.
Old 11/16/2007, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

looks good. what kind of recirc. pump is that and what are you using for your feed pump?
Old 11/16/2007, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

Spongebob and patrick
Old 11/16/2007, 08:40 PM
My Boys

You can't have a salt water tank with our sponge bob and patrick. and get this they are slinkys. . I used a mag 9 to feed it and a turbo sea to recirc it with. ... I don't think my 120 has ever not had sponge bob and patrick sitting on the lights.
It's Not The Beginning Or The End That Counts It's The Journey That Gets You There That Matters.Autism Is Just A Symptom.Over Coming It Is A Challenge.A Disability Is The Ability To Do Things Differently.
Old 11/16/2007, 08:40 PM
My Boys

so is the foam I am getting Good? Everyone said it's so hard to dial these skimmers in. I did it in a total of 1 hr. now to find a place of this beast.

Last edited by random_ryan; 11/16/2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11/16/2007, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

looks pretty good to me, but give it some time. make small adjustments with the gate valve if you want a wetter skim. but don't go too far or you'll end up filling up your waste container with water.
Old 11/16/2007, 08:57 PM
My Boys

that was my first mistake ... lol .... my wife came running out to me yelling your flooding the living room.
Old 11/16/2007, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

it flooded even with the container? that should have cut the skimmer off.
Old 11/16/2007, 09:04 PM
My Boys

sure did I had a nice puddle to clean up. the ping pong ball was stuck so I soaked it in vinager. now it moves nice and freely
Old 11/16/2007, 09:45 PM
Cancer Sucks

Very cool Ryan. Good to hear it was easy to dial in.

What, you mean that's not it's permanent location??

"There either is or there isn't life out there. Both possibilites are frightening."
(someone help me out - who said this?)
Old 11/16/2007, 10:05 PM
My Boys

LOL .. well the wife don't like its location... so I have to move it.