Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/05/2007, 02:33 PM
15 & Over Club

Question which pH monitor?

I'm trying to decide on a pH monitor. Which one should I get? The Pinpoint monitor or the Milwaukee monitor? Or something else? I don't want to spend over $100.

pinpoint monitor
2001 black T/A WS6~M6 ASC#6979
331rwhp/348rwtq
Mods: !CAGS, Pro 5.0, TSP lid, BGRA, Raptor shift light, Strange 4.10 gears, GMMG exhaust
Old 11/05/2007, 02:49 PM
Registered Member

I use the Pinpoint, works well. I can't comment on the Milwaukee as I haven't used it.
Old 12/05/2007, 01:20 PM
Premium Member

I have a milwaukee. The customer service is great as far as quality it's ok at best IMHO.
Old 01/08/2008, 07:32 PM
Premium Member

IMO, I would save up for a Neptune Jr or other controller. the Pinpoint monitor or the Milwaukee monitor are only accurate to +/- .2 pH and only have precision to .1 pH which IMO is not accurate enough to create tank conditions for the more difficult species thrive nor can they control ph. for $100 even the entry level controllers are 20 times as accurate and 10 times as precise, add to that control capability, lodging, robust temperature control integrated with lighting shut off in extreme conditions, if you plan on staying in the hobby, a controller will save you money in the long run. just my .02 if you just want to keep softies and LPS, then either Pinpoint or the Milwaukee would be fine
Old 01/08/2008, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

I use reef fanatic ph controller and the control is precise to 0.1 pH. I give this product 9/10 and the price is not so bad (still over your 100$ though)