Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Northern Valley Reefers (NVR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/01/2007, 03:57 PM
Koi Pimp

Im back (need a tank still though)

Ok so I finally have enough time that I've decided to setup a reef tank, I've recently gotten rid of the wife also so that free's up alot of time and some money=)...

So I'm thinking a 40g breed I'll be lighting it a single 250w 14k on an electronic ballast..I'm looking for a reef ready tank glass or acrylic.. I already have several tank to use for a sump.

I'm planning on going sps again=)

So hook me up guys=)

Bamm Bamm

Dan

Also I need to get some aragonite (im going shallow sb) and like 20gallons of someones water from a water change.. Cycles are lame...
Old 11/01/2007, 06:09 PM
Lamda Lamda Lamda

Welcome back man!
Sorry i dont have any equipment available. I will have some frags when your ready though.
Old 11/01/2007, 10:23 PM
Registered Member

Hi Dan,
I don't know ya, but glad you are back.
Keep us posted on your setup and things you might need.

Barb
Old 11/01/2007, 10:27 PM
Koi Pimp

Thanks everyone right now I think I just need a tank I have several maxijets, 96w pc setups, 55w pcs setups and the 250w..Heck I even have a 1000watt Ive been toying with the idea of using for a SPS prop tank with a like say 4'x4' container=)...

Looking forward to seeing some framiliar faces and meeting some new ones as well. Whens the next meeting?
Old 11/02/2007, 01:01 AM
who?

Hey Dan. Welcome back.

The next meeting will be the holiday party. Will possibly be at my place if I can get the 360g up and running, otherwise probably some one else's house who actually has a tank

Visit our club: NVReefers dot org
Click my red house to visit my blog
Old 11/02/2007, 01:11 PM
Koi Pimp

Damn 360...You've taken the plunge thats awesome!!!!! LMK if you need any help setting it up I'm currently relaxing for a few months=)
Old 11/02/2007, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Bamm Bamm the Koi Man ...

Welcome back.

Maybe you can convert your Koi project into an outdoor natural sunlight reef tank?!?

Scott

PS I was 'out' for about 2 whole months before I dipped my toe back into the hobby again with my current 24G nano...

Scott
Old 11/02/2007, 10:15 PM
Koi Pimp

Oh wow you only have a 24g again? You got rid of the big daddy I wanted to marry in the garage? I almost bought one of those I think it was a 24g biocube or something today at the lfs.. But then I would've had to rip everyting out I;m sure you upgraded already=)
Old 11/02/2007, 10:36 PM
Koi Pimp

Ok so with me thinking about how obsessed I will unavoidably become with saltwater like I have always been in the past(if you know me and have seen my tanks you know exactly what Im talking about) I'm now looking for a 120=) I'll be bored with a 40g in a week I figure and want to upgrade..
Old 11/03/2007, 12:06 AM
x2 4981 XBMC

Welcome back to the hobby. Are you still with Wamu?
Old 11/03/2007, 11:08 AM
Koi Pimp

Whats up buddy.. I'll tell ya more next time I see you or PM me..
Old 11/03/2007, 11:17 PM
Registered Member.

I have a 50g tru vu with stand and sump if you're interested email me at pv1191@comcast.net
Old 11/05/2007, 11:55 AM
Koi Pimp

pv1191
I'll letcha know Im kinda thinking now I should get like a 120 or 180 otherwise I'll end up upgrading a month or so later from my previous expierence/obsession with reef keeping=)