Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Florida Panhandle Reefkeepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/01/2007, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

Lance Mentioned Progressive Marine

I'm not sure you guys can make it there on sunday but for anyone interested in stopping by on saturday here is a list of stuff that Rich is getting, or got this week...

Lots of new fish and corals this week.

Some of the nice stuff..Clowns with natural anemones-blue stripes,akindinos
clown triggers,xl lunla trigger(sweet),Guinea Fowl Puffer,flame back angels, xl gobies-yellow head,diamond
orange spotted chromis
radiant wrasses, labuti wrasses.
warty angler(very cool),xl black/green angler..lots more fish

Corals- blasty's,elegance(very nice) lots of shrooms and leathers,rose anemone's..lots more

New coral display is up and running...tons of acro's,cap's,super man dunnae's,purple/pink dunnae's, lots of clams-maxima,derasa,crocea.
Old 11/01/2007, 09:20 AM
Eye Bol

His store is set up nicely. And he has a crap load of awesome stuff! He told me the other day he might try to start advertising a little more. I told him that in his business the people will find him. When you get into this hobby one of your first tasks are to find the LFS's in the area in which you live. I also told him to start posting on our board. Let us know when he gets shipments and what they are. This would be a good outlet to advertise and it's free. I want to keep his running cost down to keep our prices down!!!

I will say to all of you east of p'cola, it's worth the drive over there. But.... bring some $$$$! You will see something you want I promise you. And it will suck to not have any $$$ when you do. One thing I have noticed in our hobby.....If you see it and it's unusual you better get it or you may not see it for a while if ever again.

If you guys want to go LMK so I can tell him and he will know to keep close by Sunday afternoon.
Old 11/01/2007, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

warty angler(very cool)-

Waterworld has one of these guys in right now as well. It was an amazing looking fish. I'm not a fan of anglers but the thing is solid black with redish orange spots on it. Very Cool in deed!!!
Old 11/01/2007, 12:50 PM
Spine Straightener

I'm not sure that they will let him advertise items for sale without being a sponsor. I know of several individuals who used to post on RC that have been banned for commercial selling. He does post on MBRK if folks are interested. They have a vendors forum.
Old 11/01/2007, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Sooooooooooooo

What time are people going to Aquaria?
Old 11/01/2007, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11096836#post11096836 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TTSupra
Sooooooooooooo

What time are people going to Aquaria?
After the meeting is over, however long that takes. I don't think lance has any set time.
Old 11/01/2007, 02:49 PM
Eye Bol

Just whenever everybody gets ready.

Couldn't he just put up a thread to let us know he got in a shipment and a general idea of what's in it. I would think that would be ok. I have posted about Daves place before without anything being said. As long as he isn't listing things for sale in the selling forums I think its allowed. Don't quote me on it, but I think it would be ok.
Old 11/01/2007, 03:24 PM
Spine Straightener

I really don't know for sure. I'm pretty sure he could mention that he got an order in and we could check him out on MBRK. That's what I'd do if I were in his position. He can put all the details up over there.
Old 11/01/2007, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

there is a meeting topic for you... Depending what you determine the direction for the club is you could do a web site where all LFS could advertise in thier own forums.

The problem with that is it takes money and time to maintain one. I think MBRK spends $100-200 a year on the site.
Old 11/02/2007, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

Where is progressive Marine located???????????????
Old 11/02/2007, 07:09 PM
Spine Straightener

Progressive is in west Mobile.
Old 11/03/2007, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Doc, Progressive is in Tillman's Corner, well East of West Mobile. If you are coming from Fla on I-10, take the next exit after the I-65 interchange. Go two lights, turn right, go past the Lowe's on the left, turn left on the second road to the left; it's down a steep hill. Go around the corner to the left, and Progressive is directly in front of you.