Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/29/2007, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Question Can I support an Anemone?

I am starting a FOWLR tank and am planning to get a maroon clown. I thought it would be nice to get an anemone for it but I am not sure if my lights would be up to the task.

I have PC 2 X 65 seen here: http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewIt...t~CU01006.html

Any recommendations on what type to get (anemone not lights) would be appreciated.
Old 10/29/2007, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Re: Can I support an Anemone?

Quote:
Originally posted by Valistener
........Any recommendations on what type to get (anemone not lights) would be appreciated.
With that light the only anemones I would recommend would be aptasia.

2-65 watt bulbs would be the minimum over a 20 gal tank to keep the least demanding host anemones (BTA and Haddoni carpets).

I assume you are talking about your 75 gal FOWLR. The bare minimum anemone lighting for that tank would be 4-54 watt T5s with individual reflectors or 2- 150 watts Metal Halides.
Old 10/29/2007, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

I think you will need additional lighting. Also be aware that in addition to lighting good water flow is needed. And the clown may not decide to host the anemone
Old 10/30/2007, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

It will just have to go without.