Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/15/2007, 01:03 AM
Registered Member

copperband butterfly

need help on getting him to eat, i have him in qt right now and i dump some mysis in there but he doesnt pay any attention to them, i soaked them in garlic too, i have the fish for 5 days now and i dont want him to starve to death, any ideas, clues, tips, tricks would be appreciated, thanks

sana
Old 10/15/2007, 01:06 AM
Registered Member

try some brine shrimp, or even live feeder shrimp
Old 10/15/2007, 01:11 AM
Registered Member

the thing is i dont think it actually knows that the things falling to the bottom of the tank is food, i need to trick him or at least get him to nibble, then maybe he will get the idea, the thing is how to do it..

sana
Old 10/15/2007, 01:20 AM
Registered Member

live feeder shrimp can be hatched or bought, this works for alot of fish that wont eat. also butterflys eat coral
Old 10/15/2007, 04:34 AM
Registered Member

Its difficult when people ask about Copperbands because I'm sure i've really got an odd one!

He's the greediest fish in the tank by far, the nosiest definately and also the tamest. He feeds cockle from my fingers.

I really feel for anyone having problems because they are such great fish and I think I just got extremely lucky.

Was the CB eating in the LFS .... always make sure they are before purchase and obviously make a note of what they eat.
Mine is an absolute pig for 'bloodworm' he loves it and maybe worth trying him on some.

Have you tried live brineshrimp... He maybe tempted with anything live.
Old 10/15/2007, 06:15 AM
10 & Over Club

Live brineshrimp and bloodworms will often work to get them started. Also clams, scallops, and muscles on the half shell also work very well.

"LOL, well I have no brain apparently. " - dc (Debi)