Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/10/2007, 11:50 PM
Registered Member

9/11 Never Forget

Never Forget. Today more then anyday remember that freedom comes with a cost. Give thanks to those who give it to us.
Old 09/10/2007, 11:58 PM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
cant go political... so i wont...

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 09/11/2007, 12:23 AM
Registered Member

and i'd rather be free than "safe"!

always will remember!

Old 09/11/2007, 12:33 AM
Did I do that?

I will give my thanks!!!!!
Old 09/11/2007, 01:31 AM
Registered Member

AMEN
Old 09/11/2007, 05:04 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

I will never forget the men, women, and children who died this day 6 years ago
I will never forget the day, the moments the world stopped turning and changed completely in the blink of an eye.
I will never forget those who have made the ultimate sacrifice before and since.
I will never forget

Bless America the beautiful.

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 09/11/2007, 05:22 AM
Registered Member

Thank you-

9-11 Never Forget...

Christy

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...

Last edited by TheBimbo; 09/11/2007 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09/11/2007, 05:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jpfelix
and i'd rather be free than "safe"!

always will remember!
I completely agree.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."
-Benjamin Franklin
Old 09/11/2007, 05:55 AM
no pig 2 big

Gone but never forgotten! Rest in Peace my Brothers!
Old 09/11/2007, 06:06 AM
Simply Complicated

Will never forget the ones that died in the towers attack and am greatful to the ones that keep us free.
Old 09/11/2007, 06:48 AM
Registered Member

Never forget

I will never forget and neither will my children.

And for the unsung heros of that day.....

The heros that couldn't cry

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. - Edward Hoagland

Last edited by emilye2; 09/11/2007 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09/11/2007, 07:04 AM
Eternally Discombobulated

Always remembering...

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 09/11/2007, 07:27 AM
clownfish fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dinoman
I will never forget the men, women, and children who died this day 6 years ago
I will never forget the day, the moments the world stopped turning and changed completely in the blink of an eye.
I will never forget those who have made the ultimate sacrifice before and since.
I will never forget

Bless America the beautiful.
well said,,
Old 09/11/2007, 08:45 AM
ETRC Webjourneyman

Remember (2nd hit on WTC photo)

It has become almost a ritual for me on this day to go through the old photographs from 9/11. The shock doesn't wear off much with time.
Old 09/11/2007, 08:46 AM
Guardian of Little People

I will never be able to forget the pictures of those people who had jumped from the building.

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 09/11/2007, 08:56 AM
That's Mind Bottling !

For me personally, I can remember being off duty that day and my wife saying that a plane had hit the WTC. My family being from NYC, I ran to the TV and said OMG ! My wife said, What ? It couldn't have been that big! I told her that WTC was huge and that if the damage was as wide as the building....then it was most definetly a passenger jet that hit it and that it was definetly a terrorist attack. She asked why I thought it might be terrorists and I said because its the heart of the financial district for our nation and alot of the worlds major corporations are centered at WTC.

.....then the second plane hit !

My brother works at the Pentagon and took some 700 photos that day....some of which are on display at the Smithsonian. Some of the pics and videos he's given me are just heart breaking !

God Bless America and those who gave all to save some !

I look at her with my head tilted to the side and in a soft voice I just say; You're so pretty !
Old 09/11/2007, 08:58 AM
Team RC Member

A great video tribute to the events of 9/11

Safe link

God Bless America!
Old 09/11/2007, 09:05 AM
Moved In

Truely one of the saddest days in our country.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 09/11/2007, 09:12 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by Runner
Remember (2nd hit on WTC photo)

It has become almost a ritual for me on this day to go through the old photographs from 9/11. The shock doesn't wear off much with time.
Runner, you might find a program I saw the other day interesting. It was on the History Channel called "The day the towers fell" I believe, EXTREMELY interesting. It was entirely a show on just the photographers that were there that day. Besides the parts where they were interviewing the different photographers it was mostly just like a photo slide show type thing showing all their pictures, hard to watch but I did find it really interesting.

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 09/11/2007, 09:13 AM
667 (Evil and then some)

I was at a construction site meeting at the Y-12 weapons plant along with a bunch of the plant big wigs when it hit. The initial report we got was that an aircraft had just bombed the WTC. I turned on my truck radio just as the news broke in. I'm not sure what was more frightening, to think that another country had bombed us or the realization that Al Qada was using hijacked aircraft.

My half brother was walking to a meeting in the Pentagon. If the Pentagon hit had come 2 minutes later, he would have been killed.
Old 09/11/2007, 09:15 AM
Cancer Sucks

I was watching CNN when they were showing the result of the first plane hitting the first tower. They were thinking it was a small plane or cargo plane that got lost and were talking about that when the second plane hit right there on my TV screen. I left to hurry to work where we watched TV and the continuing coverage. There were false reports that some sort of bomb had gone off at the capital building, then the report of the pentagon, then the first tower fell, then the second tower fell, and there were false reports of all sorts of attacks. At that point, they closed the fort where I work and sent everyone home. They gave us the rest of the week off paid because they were only letting mission essential personnel on post, and even they had a 2-3 hour wait at the gate. If something similar were to happen today, I would be one of those waiting in the lines because I'm now considered to be mission essential.
The reality didn't really hit until I saw the first tower fall.

"There either is or there isn't life out there. Both possibilites are frightening."
(someone help me out - who said this?)
Old 09/11/2007, 09:17 AM
clownfish fan

Quote:
Originally posted by UH_OH_5_OH
F

My brother works at the Pentagon and took some 700 photos that day....some of which are on display at the Smithsonian. Some of the pics and videos he's given me are just heart breaking !

God Bless America and those who gave all to save some !

my Girlfriends dad worked at the pentagon as well, he was thrown across the room and ran out of his office in a cloud of smoke. he helped to pull his coworkers from the rubble, everybody who helped that day is my hero.
Old 09/11/2007, 09:42 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

It was a day much like today here that morning. I was still in HS back then and it just happened to be a late start day (they delay the start of school a few days a year because all the teachers have to be in board meetings). We were doing the normal hussel and bussel of a school day morning. Dad had the TV on which is rare, we never turn our TV on in the morning - especially on a weekday, we always listen to the radio. For some reason the TV was on though and we were watching the coverage on CNN, I saw the second plane fly in live and before they even had a clue what just happened behind them knew something big was happening, we watched the towers fall live too . I remember going to school that day and supposedly the word from the school admins is we were not to discuss it or watch any of the coverage. We were supposed to just go on as if it was a normal school day - it was anything but normal. Most classes consisted of watching the news on TV along with healthy discussions. At home I remember we watched ABC's coverage of the searching for victims in the rubble for 3 or 4 days straight - the channel never got changed.

Old 09/11/2007, 09:50 AM
Where's My Jell-O?

Just remembering it is scary! I remember how quiet it seemed, even in our little town, not having any planes coming in and our the days that followed and then one day a plane flew over our house. I ran outside just as it flew over, then found out later that the plane was a making a special trip into town to pick up a shipment leaving from Foster & Smith full of supplies for the search and rescue dogs in New York that customers had called & donated!

Melting!
Old 09/11/2007, 09:59 AM
clownfish fan

i was in reno in the flight path of the AFB and all i remember was feeling like we were at war with all the fighter jets flying over the apartment.