Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/03/2007, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

Looking for RO/DI in M'boro

Anyone from around Murfreesboro have to much RO/DI on a regular basis? I have been going to AC and getting it but they had a bad batch go out. Not only that, it is one heck of a drive. LMK.
Thomas
Old 08/03/2007, 06:14 PM
Premium Member

I get mine from Walmart, both stores have the RO water, I doubt it is DI but don't know for sure.

Norman
Old 08/03/2007, 11:24 PM
Registered Member

I bought my own RO/DI and thought I'd throw this in. I bought a TDS meter and took readings from my tap, Walmarts RO water, and my RO/DI.

Tap water was around 125ppm. Walmart's RO Water- 112ppm
RO/DI - 0-1

Walmart RO water was not much better than tap. I'm not sure if it was an isolated problem with the machine in Clarksville, but I thought I'd add that.
Old 08/04/2007, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

I got a ro di unit but tryinng to find someone who will put it in for me being mechanically chalengeled in this area ..does anyone know of anyone that would do that for a reasonable price? thanks ..mary
Old 08/04/2007, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

I have been using water out of the publix machine in Smyrna. It is maintained once a week...or so it says its gets inspected. Always has a date of the last inspection date. Since I have started using this water I hardly ever have to clean the glass. I use to have to clean a green film off every other day. I thought maybe it wasnt the switch in water but because I was doin' weekly water changes now. But my brother noticed not having to clean the glass often when he switched too. And he goes a month sometimes a couple weeks over without doin changes. So, I havent tested TDS in the water but it seems to be goin' good for me and its less than a 10 minute drive.

Steve
Old 08/04/2007, 06:59 PM
Jer

some health/organic food places sell RO water, I've been getting mine from a place right next to me in Mt Juliet when I don't want to make a haul to the Critter
Old 08/04/2007, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by spjeff69
Walmart's RO Water- 112ppm
Old 08/04/2007, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

I'd noticed the RO machine at walmart gets checked only monthly, not weekly.

I really had any problems with their water, though.

I hooked up my RO/DI next to my washer with a Y connector.