Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Wisconsin - Fox Valley Reefers Club (FVRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/24/2007, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

two pre-swap corals for sale

Ok i have two corals that are so nice i would like to sell them before the swap (to be picked up there of course):
the first is my valida brood stock colony. as you can tell i have fraged this many times and could break it up and sell it as frags but if someone wanted it and left it to grow out it will make one beauty of a coral colony with nice purple tips and green polyps- 50$:

the second is a large piece off my hydnophora colony. this thing grows very fast and despite taking several small frags off of it over the years it still was starting to take up too much room so this time i cut off a really large chunk - this thing really GLOWS!- 30$:

if noone is interested i'll just bring them to the swap then
Old 06/24/2007, 12:26 PM
hookt on fonix

John,
What size is that Valida?
Old 06/24/2007, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

the encrusted portion is 3.5 x 2.5, it has about 10 nubs growing anywhere from 3/4"-2" in length. the nubs are very thick and branching as all of them have been cut before but i haven't cut it for at least 6 months. i have a feeling that if left to grow out this will be a sweet colony in a couple years, so i would rather some one take the whole thing then it get broken up.
it is shaped like this because about 2 years ago i glued like 5 @1/2" frag tips on that rock and it took off so i've been just harvesting the frags as they got big enough. a couple people down there have frags from it like jason and fred
if i had the room i would keep it myself but i already have 2 very nice valida colonies (from the same) and don't have room for a third.
Old 06/24/2007, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

pm sent
NO2 - 0ppm
NO3 - 0ppm
Ca ~410ppm
dKH ~10
Flow ~80x
Old 06/24/2007, 06:43 PM
Propagator Extraordinaire

Even though I have a "Frag" (it's a small colony, about 3" tall and 2-2.5" wide) of the valida I'd be tempted to take this one if I had any room left...
Old 06/25/2007, 04:45 AM
Registered Member

i know what you mean - real estate is very precious - no matter how big or how many tanks a person has there never seems to be any room left

both colonies sold - thanks mike
Old 06/25/2007, 09:58 PM
Premium Member

pm sent