Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Invert and Plant Forums > Tridacnid Clams and other Mollusks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/04/2007, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

Crocea/Maxima lighting Requirements

Hiya Folks
i have a very established 120 gal reef tank (48x24x24, Its doing incredibly great for the past almost 14yrs or so, Its a mixed reef accept for no SPS, My lighting is 2x250 10k Ushio halide mogul bulbs, with 4 48 inch URI Actinics, It has tons of Fiji LR and a 2 inch sand bed, Is my Set up able to keep Crocea/Maxima clams Happy and healthy? I have never had clams before, the only ones that trip my trigger are the Crocea/Maximas, I dont want to put tyhem in there if i will not be able to keep them very healthy and happy, Also, Do i have to worry about Chem warefare with them and all my other corals, ? i constantly run Rowa Phos, and Reef carbon as well,
Thanks in advance, Mildot
Old 03/04/2007, 08:31 AM
Premium Member

sounds like you have a good setup for keeping clams, well established stable tank and good strong 250w 10k bulbs.

you do have to worry about the clam getting stung by corals but with careful placement and a watchful eye this can be easily avoided.

HTH