Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Feedback and Questions
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/17/2003, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

missing thread

I was reading a thread yesterday with interest about Champion Lighting. The guy was having problems with an order and today i went back to see what had developed and it was gone. Did a search and can't find it. Anyone know what happened.
Old 09/17/2003, 10:05 AM
Moved On

The search defaults to search only the general interest forums now so thats probally why you can't find it.
Old 09/17/2003, 10:58 AM
SpEd Man

I remember reading it. I looked for it also and couldn't find it either. I hope there is an explanation of why it is missing. You might want to use the report this post to a moderator link at the bottom of your post to get a mod. to look at it.
Steve
Old 09/17/2003, 11:13 AM
Moved On

I'm not saying that this is the case with the thread you're looking for but this board routinely deletes unjustified or improper threads. This especially applies to the site sponsors but I've seen it apply to fellow RC members. The board is just protecting sponsors and members from getting their rep ruined.
Old 09/17/2003, 11:18 AM
SpEd Man

From what I remember the guy had a legit complaint. I think you could lock it or edit it if something was inappropriate.
Steve
Old 09/17/2003, 11:22 AM
Moved On

Even with legit complaints, they still delete the thread. Don't want to upset companies that pay the bills. FWIW, they also do the same when it happens between 2 RC members arguing about a deal gone bad. They ask people to do it via PMs.
Old 09/17/2003, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

Is this it?

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...mpion+lighting
Old 09/17/2003, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

the thead got deleted.. i am also mad at champion lighting and made a point about how rc shouldnt keep lousy sponsors becouse people like me trust rc and order from their sponsors thinking they are great. but this isnt the case with champion lighting their customer service is terrable and i have been waiting on a light that i was told was in stock from day one its been a month with no phone calls from champion lighting and now when i call them they say its stuck in customs. they have been telling me every day the same thing and when i ask them to suggest something else adn why they already billed me when the item hasent been shipped i just get the run around. stear clear of this company and hopfully rc will do the right thing and start getting rid of bad sponsors.
Old 09/17/2003, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

p.s i bet rc delets this thred as well but from the looks of it im not the olny person upset at champion lighting
Old 09/17/2003, 12:51 PM
Reef Chemist

No, RC won't delete this thread, though it might be moved to a more appropriate forum (like feedback).

The other thread in question was removed at the request of the original poster (not Champion), pending a decision by RC mods on whether to return it or not.
Old 09/17/2003, 03:11 PM
Moved On

I started the thread and I actually asked for it to be removed because I thought it would be the best thing. I thought things were going too far and I did not want to say anything that would get me in trouble or worse banned. This was completely my doing. RC had nothing to do with it. One thing led to another in that thread. My original complaint stands with Champion and me asking for it to be removed had nothing to do with that complaint. I would be glad to continue discussion about Champions customer service. When the thread took a turn towards another party, I knew things could get out of hand. I simply wanted to diffuse the situation.

I never even took into consideration I should have asked for the thread to be removed publicly so everyone would know why. This was the first thread I have ever requested be taken down. I assumed PM'ing a mod or admin was the correct way to do it. I really thought this would be the best solution. I am still learing everyday here on RC. I am sorry if anyone took this the wrong way.
Old 09/17/2003, 03:36 PM
Moderator Clone

Thanks Tony, so many folks immediately jump to the conclusion that the mods are routinely censoring posts for little or no reason (or we're in the sponsor protection racket ), so it's nice to see a poster confirm that it isn't a great conspiracy on our part...

Kevin

UCLA: 100
Stanford: 94
Southern California: 84
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
LSU: 40

Go PAC 10!
Old 09/17/2003, 04:02 PM
SpEd Man

Oh we still think there's a conspiracy . Thank you ReefRelated for clearing things up. I had a thread disappear from another sight so I thought it might be a common occurance.
Steve
Old 09/17/2003, 05:04 PM
RC Mod

This belongs in feedback.

BTW, no way it's deleted, I like threads where baseless accusations are refuted publicly. And we don't delete threads to preserve reputations although I suspect a couple of posters on this thread would want that action.

Agu
Old 09/17/2003, 05:08 PM
Moved On

No conspiracy. Sorry to remove the thread, I didn't mean to dispose of your comments. I guess I could have just had the thread closed instead of removing it. I will think about it better next time. Live and learn
Old 09/17/2003, 08:03 PM
Crap Under User Name

Quote:
Originally posted by ReefRelated
When the thread took a turn towards another party, I knew things could get out of hand.
I believe that I was the other party, but I never got a chance to read the thread after my post so I'll probably never know. I had some valid suspicions about the poster claiming to be Champion Lighting. Turns out I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by Agu
BTW, no way it's deleted, I like threads where baseless accusations are refuted publicly.
I hope you're not refering to what I posted. As incorrect as it was, I would hardly call it baseless. I have seen employees of a company register in the past and defend a company many times. Sometimes in a legitimate way, and other times not. The question was if this was in fact an employee of Champion Lighting.

The little men that live behind my eyes and scream into my brain told me to tell you hi.
Old 09/17/2003, 10:32 PM
RC Mod

Mark,

I'm referring to this thread and only this thread. If you didn't post to this thread.......

It's not my place to comment on situations where I don't have first hand knowledge.

Agu
Old 09/17/2003, 11:58 PM
Crap Under User Name

Oh, OK. Thanks for clearing that up. I couldn't tell which thread you were refering to...

The little men that live behind my eyes and scream into my brain told me to tell you hi.
Old 09/18/2003, 07:33 AM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkS
I believe that I was the other party, but I never got a chance to read the thread after my post so I'll probably never know. I had some valid suspicions about the poster claiming to be Champion Lighting. Turns out I was wrong.

I hope you're not refering to what I posted. As incorrect as it was, I would hardly call it baseless. I have seen employees of a company register in the past and defend a company many times. Sometimes in a legitimate way, and other times not. The question was if this was in fact an employee of Champion Lighting.
No No Mark, it had nothing to do with you at all. Your post was fine.
Old 09/18/2003, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

Since there are so many Mods in this thread, could someone tell me why this thread has not been replied to?
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=240375

Go hang a salami im a lasagna hoG
Old 10/18/2003, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

y'all are making my head hurt....lol