Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/07/2007, 01:36 PM
Reef Joker

as an immediate neighbor to Franky's Rap booth, I will have to clear who ever you sublet to!
http://www.reefapalooza.org/floorplan.html

that sucks Frank. I hope family and business obligations aren't keeping you off the fish this summer.
Old 08/07/2007, 01:47 PM
Just an Average Joe

I may have someone in mind
Old 08/07/2007, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

I've been off the water too... UGH.. Working 10 hrs a day... 6 days a week.

But Business is GREAT right now... so ya gotta do it...!

I did catch some albacore over a mo ago, before we got super busy.
Old 08/07/2007, 08:06 PM
Is it nap time yet?????

Thank You Kevin and Greg for your hard work on this and all SCMAS events.

"In the Torah it says "love thy neighbor as thy self". The Buddha says there is no "self". So maybe you are off the hook."
Old 08/08/2007, 03:13 AM
willing to learn

i am thinking about comming down for this -----------any of the old timers going to be there ? would be nice to see some old friends again
Old 08/08/2007, 12:01 PM
TRC Leader

I'm sure that some will be there Scott!

-Ken

MASLAC member
Old 08/08/2007, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

How does one walk around with frags / Corals all day? If I show up at lets say 12 or 1pm and I stay the whole day. See something I like from different people, Or buy something and 2-3 hours later see something else. How do you go about it? Tell the vendor to put it on hold, put a sticker saying "SOLD" or what? Would like to hear some people's advice. I have seen some people will bring coolers? So is RAP going to look like a giant airport but instead of suitcases it will be rolling coolers? and if so, will the frags / coral be alright for a few hours in a cooler while walking around and the drive home (at least 1hr 1/2)?
Old 08/08/2007, 04:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Iguana79
How does one walk around with frags / Corals all day? If I show up at lets say 12 or 1pm and I stay the whole day. See something I like from different people, Or buy something and 2-3 hours later see something else. How do you go about it? Tell the vendor to put it on hold, put a sticker saying "SOLD" or what? Would like to hear some people's advice. I have seen some people will bring coolers? So is RAP going to look like a giant airport but instead of suitcases it will be rolling coolers? and if so, will the frags / coral be alright for a few hours in a cooler while walking around and the drive home (at least 1hr 1/2)?
Your frags will be fine. Most of the venders put them in small containers to protet them. They should last a good half day without a problem. If you intend to spend a very long time there ask the vender to keep the frag for you and come back later to pick it up.

Most of them are honest. :-)
Old 08/09/2007, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

There will be air conditioning so frags will be fine all day long. Even over night if you’re traveling from out of state. Some of our sps takes 40 hrs to reach the store in just a styrofoam box on a hot/cold plane.
Old 08/09/2007, 11:05 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sberman
i am thinking about comming down for this -----------any of the old timers going to be there ? would be nice to see some old friends again
I'm trying to talk pucci into shopwing up!

SPS = Stability Promotes Success

Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!
Old 08/09/2007, 11:09 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Iguana79
Time is not an issue. I am completely confident in my frags being fine in their cup for at least 12 hours. I know that one vendor will be selling styrofoam coolers.

Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!
Old 08/10/2007, 01:14 AM
Premium Member

Just saw this post in the Deltec Forum. This may be a good time to buy a Deltec!
Quote:
Originally posted by 1diverdown
i just finished compiling the list of items that are going to the show. there are 1 each of the following:

MCE300
MC500
MCE600
AP600
AP851
AP702 w/self cleaning head
AP1004
PF601
TS1250
KM500
FR509

if anyone would like to reserve one of these in advance or request a unit not on the list, please contact me. the last day i can ship out and still have it at the show is tomorrow.

thanks
Doug

Old 08/10/2007, 07:14 PM
Premium Member

ok, I am not reading all 7 pages... can we get advanced tickets or do i just pay at the gate... how much?
Old 08/10/2007, 08:02 PM
Just an Average Joe

Advance tickets are available via Paypal for $5.25 each or $21.00 for 5 tickets (5-for-4 discount)
Paypal to: quidproquo820@aol.com
be sure to include your mailing address.

Advance Tickets are also available at these local stores:

1) Eye Candy Aquariums (Garden Grove)

2) O.C. Aquatics Tropical Fish (Huntington Beach)

3) Coral and Fish Center (Santa Ana/Costa Mesa)

Kids 12 and under are free
thanks
Old 08/10/2007, 08:12 PM
Premium Member

cool payment sent
Old 08/10/2007, 09:47 PM
Is it nap time yet?????

Is it the 18th yet?

"In the Torah it says "love thy neighbor as thy self". The Buddha says there is no "self". So maybe you are off the hook."
Old 08/10/2007, 10:00 PM
Reef slave

Kevin..
thanks for the tickets and flyers. Some of the flyers were left at two lfs for you. my tickets for the customers are a hit. unfortunalty a few did not make it through the wash machine. eek. i will be running out of tickets soon, but thats ok. next year i will have to by at least 60 to 75.
Richard
Old 08/10/2007, 11:05 PM
Just an Average Joe

Richard, just let me know how many went through the wash and I'll replace them. Obviously no body will be using the destroyed cards so no harm/no foul other than the price of a stamp.

its also not too late to order more if you need them.
I'll just mail any "new" purchases along with the replacement cards if you need them. Just let me know

Richard, thank you so much for helping support SCMAS and Reef-A-Palooza! Your efforts are far more valuable than you've been given credit for. Think about it.....you've distributed 60 pre-admission tickets; that's 60 more attendees that might not have gone to RAP, 60 more potential "clients" for our booth vendors to interact with, 60 more people purchasing raffle tickets, etc etc, this list goes on. These efforts are extremely valuable to us!

thanks again,
Kevin Adams
President - SCMAS
"Reef-A-Palooza 2007"

Last edited by ReefMeister2; 08/10/2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08/11/2007, 01:42 PM
Fantasy Coral

1 week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08/11/2007, 10:17 PM
Is it nap time yet?????

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveOhh
1 week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And counting

Old 08/12/2007, 09:10 AM
Reef Awe gazer

6 days and counting .... woooo hoooo

Daniel
Old 08/12/2007, 11:19 AM
Reef slave

kevin,
i was wondering if SCMAS members need tickets or do the new hight zoot members cards allow one in the event?
Old 08/12/2007, 03:20 PM
Premium Member

Getting ready myself for the show. I will have a lot of frags available. Just to give a general idea, here are some shots of one of my frag tanks with the actual frags I will be bringing.

Old 08/12/2007, 03:34 PM
Reef Joker

awsome and impressive frag selection Babdbones!I can make out some of the custom frag mounts. how are they working for you?
Old 08/12/2007, 03:47 PM
Premium Member

Not bad at all. Just a lot of work making them in bulk. I am going to hit you up for more material you know that. Ill just keep buying you beer until you give me the world. I know its your weekness!!!

I wish I could take pictures as all the colors really did not come out