Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/22/2007, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

I guess no one really knows what I'm doing with these until they call me. If your a true collector you pay to get the good stuff. I know I did. I just don't see how someone can judge a persons character by a website. As far as pictures I'm sure they will be coming real soon when the people who bought them recieve their orders and just to clear things up I would never ask 10k dollars for a colony. Is it cheap to run a business and bring you all these amazing pieces, no it's not. Do you have to make some money to stay in business, yes you do. If people don't like my website and my prices so be it, but please don't worry about wether or not I frag them or sell them as colonies. If you don't have money don't buy them. I guess there are bitter feelings between me and you ken. Who's the crook. The only reason I cut you off is because ever shipment your two most expensive pieces would die, but you could never send me pics because your camera was always busted. I did always make good on it but I was losing alot of business dealing with you.
Old 05/22/2007, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

I hope I didn't instigate a lot of this because I was the first to post it's sad these are being chopped. I've seen all these colonies in person and they are all beautiful. I just meant it would be nice if these could be centerpiece colonies instead of sitting in peoples frag tanks. Best corals I've ever seen. I too bought a colony and I had to chop it because I couldn't afford to keep it. The market here in Canada is a little different but if I could get these kind of prices I'd have a hard time not trying. They are certainly worth the prices he is charging its just a matter of if you can afford them. Aussie corals are never going to be cheap. They will go down but they will never be indo. Just won't happen. when you factor in the additional costs. There is also a very good chance they will not be exported in mass numbers indefinitely. This is not to say they are rare in the ocean but will remain rare to us north america collectors.

It seems like (though i really don't have a clue) no US stores have been granted Aussie Cites yet since all the shops online seem to have gotten all their acans from a store here in canada. That being said there isn't much online here and i'm sure there are many US reef shops that don't sell much online that applying or already have aussie cites. Once they don't go through a wholesaler before hitting the store the price will come down. However it still won't be cheap.

I've personally seen about 65 aussie acan colonies and no 2 have been alike. Similar pieces look different when closely examined. Even same colonies have many different polyps when you take the time to examine them.

Finally if you do decide to buy these at the per polyp prices they are you won't be disappointed. They are certainly worth it.
Old 05/22/2007, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

well said clint
thank you for coming out here, im sure it will pay off for you
Old 05/22/2007, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sufunk
I'm sure he is since he clearly only cares about $$$ not our hobby itself based on those prices

Based on the pm's ive gotten, he isnt exactly getting GOOD word of mouth. I doubt i'll see sold out signs on all those acans too quick
I was partly defending what you were saying in an earlier post...now you are just saying he is a bad guy because he charges a certain price for obviously nice acans? You are entirely digressing from the objective of your earlier statements in thread. I dont know if it is the adversary in you from being an attorney or if you are just taking shots at Clint(once again I dont know him which is why I would never make such uninformed, subjective statements about him to begin with as you are.)

He didnt get in the business to help the citizenry/common folk attain rare corals. I understand the obligatory sense an attorney should have to help others out in many circumstances, but no one should help to the point that it hurts their business. Would you be satisfied if he gave out 4 free polyps and charged his going fee for the rest? Most attorneys dont "offer reasonable fees" for those retaining their services as their "do right" actions, rather they choose spots to do pro bono work or give their efforts to helping out public servants through campaign work, lobbyist work, a non profit organization or just out right helping people who cant afford their services for free because they feel it is right. This DOES NOT ALONE make that attorney a "good person" either. There is a lot more to it and for a person old enough to be a member of the Florida State Bar one would think you understood this. Prior to judging someone you should take due diligence in considering the totality of the circumstances.

--on a side note most people that dont have a passion for the hobby would have no clue how to begin doing what Clint is doing....Dont wallow in ignorance and get off your high horse.
Old 05/22/2007, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PUGroyale
Are you the finest criminal attorney in South Florida? If you were you could charge whatever you wanted... and people would pay it
Somehow I knew you would chime in here.
Old 05/22/2007, 10:07 PM
Registered Member.

Serious you ever check your PMs
Old 05/22/2007, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Serioussnaps
I was partly defending what you were saying in an earlier post...now you are just saying he is a bad guy because he charges a certain price for obviously nice acans? You are entirely digressing from the objective of your earlier statements in thread. I dont know if it is the adversary in you from being an attorney or if you are just taking shots at Clint(once again I dont know him which is why I would never make such uninformed, subjective statements about him to begin with as you are.)

He didnt get in the business to help the citizenry/common folk attain rare corals. I understand the obligatory sense an attorney should have to help others out in many circumstances, but no one should help to the point that it hurts their business. Would you be satisfied if he gave out 4 free polyps and charged his going fee for the rest? Most attorneys dont "offer reasonable fees" for those retaining their services as their "do right" actions, rather they choose spots to do pro bono work or give their efforts to helping out public servants through campaign work, lobbyist work, a non profit organization or just out right helping people who cant afford their services for free because they feel it is right. This DOES NOT ALONE make that attorney a "good person" either. There is a lot more to it and for a person old enough to be a member of the Florida State Bar one would think you understood this. Prior to judging someone you should take due diligence in considering the totality of the circumstances.

--on a side note most people that dont have a passion for the hobby would have no clue how to begin doing what Clint is doing....Dont wallow in ignorance and get off your high horse.
Well, i was just going to leave it at my apology but i guess as you say, the adversary in me has to respond

I'll admit that quote was an unnecessary shot by me at Clint and i apologize for it. However, your 2nd paragraph is rambling nonsense Where exactly did i say doing pro bono alone makes an attorney a good person???? I didnt but you needed some nonsense to lead up to your insult. Fine but could have at least made a little sense.

Just to be clear, I dont know who the "ken" is that Clint is railing on in his post but it DEFINITELY isnt me before anyone thinks i was some disgruntled customer of his.

I do find it AMAZINGLY odd that Clint says he priced the acans so high per head because he "didnt want to cut them up because of how nice they are". Seems to me the best way to not cut them up would be to not offer them for sale only by the head
Old 05/23/2007, 12:33 AM
Registered Member

Anyway's, I want to thank all my loyal customers for your continued support and for posting on this forum. I really don't have the time to respond to all of this and I really don't know any attorneys that do either. Maybe you need to focus on your own practice instead of my website. If you don't like my prices shop elsewhere if you can afford it. Thanks again
Old 05/23/2007, 12:59 AM
Registered Member

Showing your true colors eh clint, lmao.

My practice is fine unlike apparently your business, I dont have to gouge my clients to make a living Good luck with your business, your doing this hobby a GREAT service
Old 05/23/2007, 01:21 AM
Moved On

Clint has done a lot for this hobby. If it wasn't for him we would be wishing we had this amazing stuff in the US. I bought a colony off of him and he gave me a great price on it. I could not be more happy with his corals, price, and service. I have bought from just about every online vendor who deals in high end corals.... I can say without a question Clint has the best stuff at the best price for what you get. He has done ALOT for this hobby by just bringing these corals into the US. I don't see any other US seller offering full colonies of this caliber do you?
Old 05/23/2007, 01:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Showing your true colors eh clint, lmao.

My practice is fine unlike apparently your business, I dont have to gouge my clients to make a living Good luck with your business, your doing this hobby a GREAT service
Honestly though, what professional has time to respond with such childress remarks. Attorneys in society are in the same class as car salesman and real estate agents. Could it be that you are just mad that you can't afford the lords.
Old 05/23/2007, 05:37 AM
Makin it Rain

For a Attorney you don't seem to realize how close you are to Slander. I would think that most Attorney's would no that there are certin lines you don't cross my guess is that you have crossed it. It seems you have alot of time on your hands shouldn't you be chasing an Ambulance or Filling a Frivilaouse Class action suit agains the tabacco industry
Old 05/23/2007, 05:48 AM
Registered Member

Wow, i posted a link to Clints site so everyone could see his awesome acans, not so everyone could bash him.
Old 05/23/2007, 08:19 AM
Moved On

No skin off Clint's back--it's clear who the villain is in this thread...hint: it's not clint.
I make a motion to lock this thread.
Old 05/23/2007, 08:29 AM
Makin it Rain

second
Old 05/23/2007, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

Clint, you have a PM. I wasn't going to place an order but am now compelled to do so to show support for you. You have always been fair with me and I appreciate your contributions to the business. It is easy to see who took this thread down the toilet and why. Please LMK when shipping.
Thanks.
GM
Old 05/23/2007, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by neyugn0w01
Honestly though, what professional has time to respond with such childress remarks. Attorneys in society are in the same class as car salesman and real estate agents. Could it be that you are just mad that you can't afford the lords.
I'm still in a much better class than you as i haven't screwed over a bunch of people in this hobby like you have. How many "ripped off by neyugn0w01" threads are there again on here?

But yeah, you got me, i really just dont have $250 to my name, thats it, not the fact that he is lying thru his teeth that upsets me.

p.s.- please anyone feel free to file a "slander" suit against me
Old 05/23/2007, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm still in a much better class than you as i haven't screwed over a bunch of people in this hobby like you have. How many "ripped off by neyugn0w01" threads are there again on here?

But yeah, you got me, i really just dont have $250 to my name, thats it, not the fact that he is lying thru his teeth that upsets me.

p.s.- please anyone feel free to file a "slander" suit against me
You can call it me screwing them over EVEN if FedEx screw up the delivery and myself offering replacements. Get your facts straight buddy.
Old 05/23/2007, 11:48 AM
Moved On

I would normally stay out of this but i couldn't resist to say a few words about the person in question....

Clint is a straight stand up guy.. very nice, easy to deal with and honest. In regards to his demand of prices for certain corals in question.. this is called "SUPPLY AND DEMAND"

No harm in asking the price he wanted for those pieces as he is not obligating anyone to purchase them.

You like it, you buy it... it's that simple.

Seems to me that "sufunk" has bitter feelings towards Clint... whatever it is.... he couldn't help but to make it obvious here in the public forum.

It also seems like for an attorney, he has more than enough time to be posting back and forth.

If you don't pay attention to his responses, I bet this thread would die down... so guys and gals, i say let's get back on the topic... SHALL WE????

Btw Clint.... AWESOME stuffs you got there.

Thanks

Last edited by jenz; 05/23/2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05/23/2007, 12:15 PM
Hey sweetheart ;)

Having had the opportunity to personally examine each and every acan in question, all I can say is that these are truly spectacular pieces, just as illustrated in the photos.

At the same time, they are very expensive, trust me, because I would have liked to pick up many of these colonies myself. And expensive to me, well you can see my commitment to the hobby (financial and other personal interest) in the month's TOTM feature. I have invested at lot of money in this hobby, but was in no position to buy these colonies.

Great purchase Clint - I am more than a little jealous! Good luck with the sale and the pictures look great.

Dave
2 Ampmaster 3000's (R&CL)
MTC HSA 1000 Skimmer on a PCX 100
MTC Procal Calcium Reactor

SPS dominated reef
Old 05/23/2007, 12:39 PM
Slightly Obsessed

Yeah, this whole thread degenerated into pure silliness. If we're going to try to argue about "fair" prices for things, we'd get nothing else done. I, for one, think that charging $800 dollars for some acrylic cylinders, a few elbow joints and a pump, and sold as a protein skimmer is ridiculous. BUT! That's just my opinion. Isn't that grand? And I'm also the one with the cheap-a$$ skimmer, lol.

I'll also be the one with the more inexpensive corals. Because I'm a wee bit poor. Because I work with teenage prostitutes, which isn't really a cash cow. Society's sense of priorities makes my head spin.

If I had the money, I'd pay for Clint's corals, because they blow my mind!! Absolutely gorgeous.
Old 05/23/2007, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by neyugn0w01
You can call it me screwing them over EVEN if FedEx screw up the delivery and myself offering replacements. Get your facts straight buddy.
My facts are straight, you wanna ask jmcmahon66 or robsreef who screwed them, YOU or fedex. Say whatever you want about me but your name is absolute trash on this board
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=1
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1037838

Just to be clear, i have never bought or tried to buy anything from clint. A review of my posts or asking clint himself will prove that. I have no axe to grind except for what he is doing now.

You guys have fun, apparently i shouldnt have time to post here on RC so i'll just let you guys talk up your buddy. I hope all of you guys buy corals from him, maybe he can afford to be reasonable then. I'm sure next year he'll figure out a different coral to gouge you on per head after acans die down
Old 05/23/2007, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by water hazzard
Serious you ever check your PMs
Checking now...gonna pm u back. for some reason it always says 0 new messages even if i have new ones.
Old 05/23/2007, 12:54 PM
Slightly Obsessed

*disregard my lame comment, please* lol

Last edited by Der_Iron_Chef; 05/23/2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05/23/2007, 12:54 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Der_Iron_Chef
Because I work with teenage prostitutes, which isn't really a cash cow.
Actually, I heard pimpin' can be quite lucrative.