Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/13/2007, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

clown tang jumping

Hi i noticed within the past few days. My Tang seemed to pick up a new habit. He is always energy boy in the tank to begin with, but now he literally swims around then uses the same pattern and purposly spashes above the surface of the water. Normal playing habit? Or something else?
Old 02/13/2007, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

I would just wait till he's about to splash and hit him with a piece of PVC that'll fix his hyperactive a$$! No i'm J/K. i really don't know what to do? I think maybe the 54 may be too small of a tank for this fish in all honesty. Good Luck

Just because they say you can't do it doesn't mean you can't prove them wrong.
Old 02/13/2007, 01:41 PM
Registered Member

i think hes trying to escape. how big is he? even as a baby i think a 54 is to small. maybe a 125 and a few years down the road a 180 would suffice. ive seen full adults and a football size fish wont tolerate small space
Old 02/14/2007, 06:33 AM
Registered Member

lmao, dude what do you expect if u keep such a active fish in that tiny tank, id want to jump out and splash you too if i was him....