Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/08/2006, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

i dont live on the internet, nor do I spend hours each day posting here. (.09 posts per day). and i NEVER started a thread about that system, let alone one that after a year, had no conclusion. that page is old dude, i made it years ago to show someone the lighting system (400 watts X 6 bulbs). Its not even my tank to be posting stuff about, its a customers. i just do all the work.

and it is fn incredible btw. if you search around RC hard enough you might find the owner, ask him for updated pics. you will like what you see. its not tank of the month quality (yet) but the growth of coral in the tank is simply amazing
Old 07/08/2006, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

If I recall those pic posted under starpolyp's profile were pics of imbuggin's setup... Looks as if he has "Moved On" as of about three wks ago...

starpolyp, I am sorry for wanting to share my project with those who are interested from start to finish... I personally like the threads that are started at the beginning of the project and are updated and things are completed... Things come up and projects are placed on the back burner sometimes... With my work sched and other things that have happened with in the last few months I have been delayed as well as forced to take care of more important things... I am kinda glad I don't have the 600gal setup at this time as I don't have much time to care for my 92gal much less a system that will be 10 fold that volume... My 92gal has gone a bit down hill in the last few months because of my lack of time for the hobby I am really hoping to have more time to work on my new system by the end of this month... At this point I am really thinking about just setting it as a FOWLR with T5s (adding the MHs later down the road) and just adding the few corals I have (and still need to get from some members who have been holding things for me)...
Old 07/08/2006, 02:48 PM
Skeet, Skeet, Skeet

Hang in there shawn. Dont' rush it.

Shh... everyone be quiet for a while, he might go away.

I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time
Give it right back to you....One of these days
Old 07/08/2006, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

"If I recall those pic posted under starpolyp's profile were pics of imbuggin's setup... Looks as if he has "Moved On" as of about three wks ago..."

wrong, imbuggin has a 330 gallon tenecor. he has my lighting fixtures though. His new tank swap took two very hard days of work. like 27 hours of work in two days.

apologies for coming off so abrasive or w/e. it just has been a long time with this thread (i dont participate in many, i have little time with all the aquariums I service) without any sorta anything going on. no "money shot" if you will. i was so excited for you when this thread started and it was going along so well, then nothin. maybe this is what you needed to light a fire under youre butt to give us an update

i like your idea about "just getting it going". get some water in there, cycle through and get some nice coraline algae growth going, then move on when you have time.

if you werent so far away, id come out there and bust it out for you
Old 08/22/2006, 07:25 PM
Fish Tank Pimp

Any News?
wheres starpolyp, JK
HA
Old 08/23/2006, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

laughing. everytime i come to RC and see no news on the tank.

i got $100 for anyone who wants to bet that the tank is broken.
Old 08/23/2006, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

1 post
955 replies

still no money shot

what a joke

lol
Old 08/24/2006, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

Question

?????? Think he had some issues, as we all come across from time to time. Lighten up on the guy.. This is all for fun, it's a hobby, Life comes first, then all the other extra's then hobbies.
Old 10/28/2006, 07:51 PM
Premium Member

Update?
Old 10/29/2006, 02:36 PM
Fish Tank Pimp

doubt it
Old 10/29/2006, 03:19 PM
Premium Member

To tell the truth that tank you set up in 2 days looks like ***! HAHAHA
Old 10/29/2006, 05:41 PM
Skeet, Skeet, Skeet

Quote:
Originally posted by bond007069
doubt it
You know something we don't?

Old 10/29/2006, 07:21 PM
Fish Tank Pimp

Quote:
Originally posted by AcroSteve
You know something we don't?
no do you?

last post to this thread was 7/08/06
Old 10/29/2006, 07:32 PM
Keeper of Tangs

sweet setup!!
Old 10/29/2006, 10:06 PM
WAMAS member

maybe he couldnt afford to fill it with water after he bought that custom tank and the bubble king
Old 10/30/2006, 12:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scarletknight06
maybe he couldnt afford to fill it with water after he bought that custom tank and the bubble king
thats just wrong i see you have a 40 gallon tank so im not sure you have room to talk.you have no idea the amount of time and money that a project of this size takes.so please give some respect and im sure he'll post the finished project when hes had time to get back to it.
Old 10/30/2006, 12:35 PM
WAMAS member

yeah.....um it was a joke. lighten up. Oh and my apologies for only having a 40g tank. I am but a mere pauper not worthy to talk to you.
Old 10/30/2006, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Thank's

Thank's for sharing this awsome project.
I have been planning a similar size system for at lease 10 years. My project is also tied to the house i am designing.
After watch several larger systems under construction i have thought about waiting untill my system is up and running and established before i post my first picture.

Keep up the awsome sharing.
Old 11/12/2006, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

I am back...

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that I am back and have been working on the tank this past wk... I am sorry got just disappearing... I has alot hit me over the past 6 months and with my work sched... I didnt have much time to do much of anything much less work on the tank... I hope to have salt water flowing by the end of this wk or next...

I will post pics in the next few days...
Old 11/12/2006, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Re: Thank's

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Sellick
Thank's for sharing this awsome project.
I have been planning a similar size system for at lease 10 years. My project is also tied to the house i am designing.
After watch several larger systems under construction i have thought about waiting untill my system is up and running and established before i post my first picture.

Keep up the awsome sharing.
All I can say is prepare your self, you can do all the planning in the world and will not get it all until you get down to things and this and that pops up along the way... I will have to admit that I could have done some better planning, let’s just say I have learned alot and if / when my next tank is built I will have a better handle on it and I will not be almost a year behind...

As far as starting the thread after the construction, I would recommend it, I was thinking about that myself but I had no idea of the delays that came up and would have never guessed it was going to take this long... Next time it will 95% complete before another thread is posted...
Old 11/12/2006, 10:34 AM
Skeet, Skeet, Skeet

Glad to see all is well.

Old 11/12/2006, 10:49 AM
Gold Member

Re: I am back...

Quote:
Originally posted by asnatlas
Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that I am back and have been working on the tank this past wk... I am sorry got just disappearing... I has alot hit me over the past 6 months and with my work sched... I didnt have much time to do much of anything much less work on the tank... I hope to have salt water flowing by the end of this wk or next...

I will post pics in the next few days...
Welcome back Shawn, it's good to see you back action! Sometimes you have to do what's best for yourself and take care of what's important, even if it means this hobby taking a backseat for awhile.
Old 11/12/2006, 01:32 PM
TOTM October 2007

Hey Shawn....

Great to see you.

Now lets get down to taking some pictures......

All the best,

paul.
Old 11/15/2006, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Well I have been in a little holding pattern until the tank and everything else was getting filled with RO... Last nite I kicked on the Dart and Tunzes and everything was working fine... Once I get home tonite I will do another test run of the return pump for a few more hrs to make sure everything looks good... I should have pics later tonite or tomorrow...
Old 11/15/2006, 07:13 PM
no time for spell check!

Thumbs up

keep us posted when ever you can on your current progress. i know these tanks take time to build. my current plans for a 300 are on hold and wont be started for another 6-8 months. that tank should have been up and running by now. but i have had alot of things that has prevented the building of it. so when i do build it, i will wait to post about it until its finnished. that way i dont have to read all the nasty comments like you have to . its sad to see so many impacient people psoting on this thread. the tank will be awesome when its done so take all the time you need shawn. we will be here when its done.

its a beautiful tank so far. its not worth rushing it just to finnish it.