Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Delaware Reef Club (DRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/10/2006, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Question Suggestions for stocking

Okay, I have the 29g set up, it has two fish in it, a maroon clown, and a strawberry pseudo. I also have a colony of ricordia mushrooms(brown), a three inch finger leather(brown), a rock covered with GSP's, two sepent stars, a few hermits, a couple of snails some random zoo's (hitchhikers) and a six inch colt coral(pinkish brown). The tank has power compacts, one white? one actinic, a large aquaclear, two power heads, and the red sea prism(thanks to wds & kaptken for your help on the skimmer mods). Long way to go, but I figured somebody would ask...

Any suggestions on hardy corals that might add a little more color? I read the serpent stars might be an issue, any thoughts? Keep in mind that I am very new to all of this...Thanks, Joe

P.S., Tank has probably thirty pounds of live rock
Old 10/10/2006, 11:47 PM
Registered Member

The first two that come to mind are xenia and leather corals. Also I have never had a problem with any of my serpent stars and corals.

Chris
Old 10/11/2006, 07:23 PM
Premium Member

Joe if this is your first "small"salt tank go very slow on fish those 2 may be enough for a couple of months , when I started I wanted it all "now " costly mistake . I never lost any coral by over packing nor did I lose snails ,sand sifting stars ,or crabs . but I lost 200 + $$ in fish . I thought a couple of weeks were fine .stupid me it wasn't . I have had 4 serpent stars since the start and never had a problem .
Old 10/11/2006, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, I think those two fish will be the only vert's in the tank. I am trying to get some ideas on colorful corals that would be okay with this setup. I like the serpent stars, so I'm glad to hear that they are OK.
Old 10/11/2006, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, I think those two fish will be the only vert's in the tank. I am trying to get some ideas on colorful corals that would be okay with this setup. I like the serpent stars, so I'm glad to hear that they are OK.