Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Maine - Salt Water Addicts of Maine (SWAM)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/27/2006, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Aquarium Maintenance Service in Maine

Does anyone know of an Aquarium Maintenance Service that works with saltwater tanks (FOWLR) in Southern/Central Maine. A friend of mine is having a hard time maintaining his office aquarium in his Lewiston office. Really...it is not me. He has kinda done everything opposite what I recommended. Now he is left with a tank full of algaw and a Snowflake Eel (Long story).

Thanks
Old 09/27/2006, 05:56 PM
Zoanthid Connisseur

Talking

I'd be interested in handling it for him, depending on what he was offering as compensation- I'd be coming from Bucksport on the weekend or weeknights, plus emergency calls...

Shoot, if you are going to pay someone come down, I'd get rid of the eel and make it a reef...

Laurie

SWAM Rules! (SaltWater Addicts of Maine)
Old 09/27/2006, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

and believe me she is good her tank is perfect !
Old 09/27/2006, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Try Anna from Coastal Aquatics in Freeport. Not sure if she is taking on new tanks or not.
Old 09/27/2006, 09:28 PM
Zoanthid Connisseur

Aww, thanks, John!

Hey I got your message- but I see no email from you in my hotmail box? Want to try resending- maybe it went into my junk mail? Try putting SWAM in the subject line, and I will keep an eye on junk mail...

Laurie

Old 09/28/2006, 06:41 AM
The Essence of Addiction

Exclamation

[violation]

Don't give me no hand me down world
I got one already"

Last edited by mhurley; 10/13/2006 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09/28/2006, 08:15 AM
Premium Member

I have heard and unconfirmed story that Costal Aquatics was recently purchased and will be incorperated into the Westbrook store (Aquatic Concepts). I think Anna will be working there again but has kept her service accounts. Anna's handle is AquaticA and does a real nice job of service in the southern/central maine area.
Old 09/28/2006, 08:51 AM
Reef Addict

Freeport is such a nice place to go shopping. Hopfully another saltwater shop opens there soon!
Old 09/28/2006, 04:39 PM
Zoanthid Connisseur

Talking

Oh well, would have been fun- I'll let the big kids on the block duke it out I suppose...

Laurie

Old 09/28/2006, 10:37 PM
Registered Member

YOU can still come here and help !!
Old 09/30/2006, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

Thanks everyone for the info. I will give my friend the information. Hopefully he will soon have a good looking tank.
Old 10/01/2006, 09:36 AM
Zoanthid Connisseur

LOL, John!

Laurie

Old 10/01/2006, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

IM serious !!
Old 10/01/2006, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

holy Laurie, I think hes serious, better take him up on it...Id help you out!! LOL
Old 10/01/2006, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

oh oh...I could do the freshwater....and could do the Salt!!!yeah yeah
Old 10/02/2006, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

I was just talking with Denise at Aquatic Atmospheres and she's taking on new tanks. I've known her for years and she does a great job. I think she'd love to get more salt water tanks to service. Her tanks at home are GORGEOUS! AND she's the founding member of SWAM to boot. What's not to love. Sue
Old 10/04/2006, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

Holy COW! Sometimes I'm soooo blonde! I totally forgot my good friend Dave at The Golden Lamb does saltwater tank maintainance too! He set up the tank in the lobby of Canton Village in Gardiner and it looks great all the time. AND Dave and Nancy are members of SWAM too! See you all at the Oct meet. Can't wait for Barry! Sue
Old 10/04/2006, 08:52 PM
Zoanthid Connisseur

Quote:
Originally posted by SOMEthinsFISHY
IM serious !!
I'm always game for an adventure... So I'll be at your place for the Nov. meeting, right???

Laurie

Old 10/12/2006, 09:52 AM
Moved On

any aquarium service you go threw make sure they are licenced threw the state unlicenced means they aren't a real buisness and should not be advertising a fake buisness (it is illegal in maine) like I have seen!!!!!
whitecloud: if you want a list of licenced buisnesses send me a pm

Last edited by yeame; 10/12/2006 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10/13/2006, 07:04 AM
The Essence of Addiction

Exclamation

I presume you have my license number Rob, maybe you would like to post it so WE can verify that YOU know what you are talking about... otherwise, "CLAM UP" Pun intended

What fake businesses have you seen, please elaborate... You should list the aquarium service providers publicly Rob, so that everyone can have that info.. no PMs are necessary

Denise
Aquatic Atmospheres

I got one already"
Old 10/13/2006, 12:35 PM
RC Admin

I think it's time for a [ua] reminder to any businesses posting on this thread.

"So, Mike was right." - MalHavoc
Old 10/13/2006, 05:24 PM
Premium Member

Oh I thought there were business postings on all the SWAM threads lol
Old 10/13/2006, 08:31 PM
Moved On

I do not have a licence number I do not have a buisness or offer any service and what little frags I sell it dosent make me more than $700 a year so the state says I dont need one and if I did I would pay the $150 for one

Denise you need to take a step back and get over your self
you are the one screwing swam members people paying for a swam membership and not getting a news letter no card not anything at all these are the people that are upset with you I could care less what you think have you read the masna site on reef clubs and you say your the founding member of what ?
as for any discount dont even try to say I tryed to use one any one can ask any lfs how much cash I spend at them well sorry to tell you I get my own discount nothing to do with swam or the 10% 2-3 stores offer

for the people who even care I think you should talk to the golden lamb I HAVE and had wonderfull conversations with them I was there for about 4-5 hrs yesterday just after I sent denise a pm asking for an apology posted for the lies she is telling people
here is a copy of the pm's

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeame wrote on 10/12/2006 04:08 PM:
ok this is way to much drama I think you need to get your facts together befor you start posting false statements about people you dont know and know nothing about I just got off the phone with the golden lamb and I was told the reason for them not wanting to sign up swam members and well I think you need to look closer at yourself and it isn't allways someone elses fault. It is defimation of character if you make up lies about someone even if you dont list there name. I have goten about 15-20 pm's asking why I screwed other swam members when you say I ask for a swam discount that was a lie when you say I am the reason the golden lamb isnt giving swam discounts that was a lie allmost everything you posted was a lie

I WOULD LIKE AN APOLOGY POSTED ON THE SWAM MESSAGE BOARD AND THE REAL REASON THE GOLDEN LAMB ISNT WORKING WITH YOU ANY MORE !!!!!!!!

quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Rob

Sorry but I feel an apology is not necessary.... The info I posted was based on a senior SWAM rep that Nancy of the Golden Lamb had said was their best customer as far as SWAM goes.... If they chose to hold back the 'real' reason when the SWAM rep talked with them, well what can I say....

As far as discounts... any LFS can offer any discount they want, SWAM or just because they want to, but when I am told there are those asking for a SWAM discount and are not a member, I think that is wrong.

Please feel free to forward me the emails (or the peoples names) that you have received emails from.......even though it was suggested the reason was that a rumor started about them closing- that rumor was promptly replied to by SWAM and GL customers...., for whatever reason, in the end, it was still decided to stop the discount... was there more to it? Possibly, probably, but all we can go on is what we are told.... Will it stop the majority from shopping there, I seriously doubt it.

I am forwarding this to the senior SWAM members and to the GL as well....
Denise
=============================================
sounds like it is someone elses fault denise is spredding rumors and lies again (lol)
and all I said was " I herd they were closing " (WOW)
well I can go on and on but I think the SWAM senior members should take a look at the reason people dont want to join for me its the drama why would I want to pay money for this if I could I would charge oops some one allredy is

im done with this crap I am looking into a reef club in maine one that offer's something besides drama and where a" founding member" dosnt spred lies and make a habbit of screwing people members or not.

Last edited by yeame; 10/13/2006 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10/14/2006, 06:42 AM
The Essence of Addiction

Grow up Rob

I got one already"
Old 10/14/2006, 06:55 AM
RC Staff
American

He said, She said, public posting of PRIVATE MESSAGES [chimp]
Finish this elsewhere, thread closed.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we