Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Trading
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/21/2006, 04:36 PM
Registered Member

55g Acrylic with 2x175w MH + VHO, Eheim 2227 filter. Looking for Nano stuff

Hello,

I've been holding onto my 55g setup for awhile. I just don't think I'm going to set it up here in my new house. It's a great setup, and I've successfully ran a reef in it for years. Just thought I'd see what kind of response I'd get for trades.

The tank itself is extremely clean, no scratches. Excellent

The black stand is pretty good visually. There are a few places where the paint has chipped off due to dripping water during water changes, etc. Structurally perfect. It's got 2 doors on the front.

The MH lighting is an older Hamilton MH setup. 2x175w and 2x90w VHO. I've got the 15k AB Aqualine bulbs in there now, and I believe I have 1 extra brand new. It's a black hood with remote ballast, with seperate switches for the MH and VHO. All metal construction. Great quality. I've replaced the stock fans with very-quiet Orion fans. I just sat this on 2 acrylic blocks I made. It sits about 5 inches or so above the tank, worked great.

Eheim 2227 Canister filter. This thing is really nice. I went through many a fluvals, etc. It was designed to be a canister wet/dry when those were popular. But I used it empty as a wave maker. You can put things inside of it, and use it for mechanical filtering. But I mainly used it as a wavemaker because it fills up then empties, acting like a wavemaker.
The Eheim in combination with LR works great for a reef tank, or you can add filtration material for Fish Only.

Anyways, I'm looking to upgrade my Nano setup. I've currently got a 7g bowfront nano, and am looking into the larger all in one types. I'm looking to make it as self contained as possible, with lighting timers, auto top off, etc. So let me know if you have something to trade, and what you're interested in.

Thanks

and BTW, I can provide pics if people show interest.
Old 08/23/2006, 01:02 AM
Registered Member

I have 12g nano with 2 built in moonlights. I took it down 2 months ago. only had it runing about 7 months. just needs new PC bulb!
Old 08/23/2006, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

What type of Nano? Can you give more details?
Old 08/23/2006, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

Old 08/23/2006, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

its jbj brand 12 gallons, it was set up like a reef, I bought a nano surface skimmer for it!
Old 08/23/2006, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

so it's a nano cube? Ahh I just noticed you're out of state from me.
Old 08/28/2006, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

can i buy just the extra new mh bulb?
Old 08/28/2006, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

danferd, I've got quite a few people interested in the lighting. I'll let you know if it's still available here in a few days.
Old 09/06/2006, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

you willing to sell the whole set up?
Old 09/07/2006, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

JRBear:

Yes I am willing to sell the whole setup, I would prefer to do that actually.

One note: the lighting listed is sold. But I do have a 2x250w MH retrofit that I'm including instead of the previously listed light. It is brand new in the box.

The price for the whole setup is $375.
I'm in Gig Harbor.