Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/28/2006, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

West Side of Michigan fish stores

anybody know any good fish stores on the westside of Michigan or about 100 miles from Kalamazoo?
Old 06/29/2006, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

If you are looking for corals, check out Midwest Corals in Osceola Indiana. midwestcorals.com
It is a bit of a drive - probably a little less than an hour from Kzoo but well worth the trip.
They have the best selection, the best looking corals, & at the best prices I have found.
Old 06/29/2006, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

ask on Michiganreefers.com i know there are lots of people over on that end of the state.. i know there is an awesome one in lansing area... preuss i think they are called just moved into a new location too...
Old 06/29/2006, 11:51 AM
68 dead fish and counting

MV Pets in Portage
http://mvpets.net/mv%20pets%20home.htm

They quarantine their fish in the owners garage for 3 weeks before they bring them into the store. I think he runs a low level dose of copper too. Coral selection is on the low side of moderate.

Ecoreef in Zeeland has a relatively large selection of corals. I got redbugs from one of their corals a long time ago, so check the stock carefully. They got new management since then.
http://www.ecoreef.net/

VI Pets in Holland
http://www.vipets.com/holland.htm

I'm not sure from your post whether you live in Kalamazoo and are willing to drive 100 miles, or you live 100 miles outside of Kalamazoo.
Old 06/29/2006, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Where on this side of the state are you exactly. If you are in kzoo then Mother's Reef in Parchment is the best store in kzoo IMO.
Old 06/29/2006, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

i second mothers reef. they are changing some coral tanks around, but they do tend to have a good selection. great people too.
Old 06/29/2006, 03:32 PM
Premium Member

I will second the recommendation for Pruess. An excellent store!