Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/20/2006, 11:11 PM
RC Staff

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...83#post7598783
Old 06/20/2006, 11:11 PM
experto de escollo

It's going to be Germany vs. Brazil at the end... and of course Brazil is going to win
Old 06/21/2006, 12:51 AM
Registered Member

GOOOO NEDERLANDS!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else think that the referees are going a little crazy with the cards? Especially in the USA game?

Bender-futurama
Old 06/21/2006, 08:50 AM
Premium Member

Owen out 5 months for torn ACL. That hurts.
Old 06/21/2006, 10:25 AM
Premium Member

That was very ugly to watch, the same kind of thing happened to me...except I broke my kneecap and it gave out. Looked the same though. Knee injuries are the worst. At least Rooney's back though.

Where's your will to be weird?
Old 06/21/2006, 11:23 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fizhstiks

Anyone else think that the referees are going a little crazy with the cards? Especially in the USA game?
There were only 9 yellows and one red in the Port v Mex match this morning
Old 06/21/2006, 05:48 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ReefXpert
It's going to be Germany vs. Brazil at the end... and of course Brazil is going to win
I'm calling Argentina and Germany...Argentina is in the best shape of any team and move the ball better than any other side.

I think the Cup will go to Germany though because of the homecooking in the end. They will wear down every team they face.

Right now I just hope the US can advance to see them get their butts hande to them by Brazil.
Old 06/21/2006, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Leishman
There were only 9 yellows and one red in the Port v Mex match this morning
Only 9? Must have been a slow game huh. This is starting to get out of hand here. I do think soccer players are better actors then players but that doesn't mean the cards should fly like they have been. Let them play the game, let the baby roll on the ground and he will learn he's not going to get the call everytime.
Old 06/21/2006, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

i think i may have to start rooting for the u.s. now with all this bashing.....i won't watch, but i hope they take 'em all down

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 06/21/2006, 07:10 PM
Premium Member

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ReefXpert
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by COreefer
I'm calling Argentina and Germany...Argentina is in the best shape of any team and move the ball better than any other side.

Right now I just hope the US can advance to see them get their butts hande to them by Brazil.
Germany can't play Argentina in the finals. They will meet in the 1/4 finals if they meet at all (see here )

If the US clinch 2nd their group they will face Brazil......... unless Brazil choke vs Japan and the Ausies whoop Croatia by enough golas to cover the GD vs Brazil............

GO ENGLAND!
Old 06/21/2006, 08:26 PM
living life 2 the fullest

Quote:
Originally posted by Leishman
Owen out 5 months for torn ACL. That hurts.
Well he wasnt playing good anyways, so i could careless, he wasnt match fit and that is why he has the injury he has. Lets go Mr.Roboto

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 06/22/2006, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

well, its great to see that the world cup is fixed.....penalty kick for Ghana because that big defender for u.s. breathed on a 5'4" ghana player.....i know the world doesn't like us much these days, but geesh

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 06/22/2006, 09:54 AM
Monkeys Rule once more

Quote:
Originally posted by E-A-G-L-E-S
well, its great to see that the world cup is fixed.....penalty kick for Ghana because that big defender for u.s. breathed on a 5'4" ghana player.....i know the world doesn't like us much these days, but geesh
Really a pretty stupid statement that it is fixed, more like a very bad decision, and by the way, I have never heard this end about the USA not being liked, only that they have had some bad calls, and also they have the best header of the ball in the world and that he is not getting the service that he needs.
Old 06/22/2006, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

Here we go again, the US ties up the game, the refs call a phantom foul in stoppage time and Ghana scores to make it 2-1.

I honestly believe that the Refs in Soccer have more to do with the outcome of the game than in any other sport. I think there is some major BS going on with the refs and the US games, no wonder why soccer will never catch on here in the US. We see crap like this and it just turns the would be fans away.
Old 06/22/2006, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

It was a very bad call on the defenseman. Why kick the ball straight up when you can shuffle the ball out of bounds?
Old 06/22/2006, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Open your eyes to the reality Mike. There are too many game changing BS calls against the US in every game of every world cup. It is prob b/c Soccer is all the rest of the world has and everyone knows that the US will eventually become the best in that as well.
Old 06/22/2006, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

i agree whole heartedly
...really a pretty stupid comment that is absurd to think the americans are getting the short end of the stick

Old 06/22/2006, 10:10 AM
Monkeys Rule once more

I will refrain from answering to help keep this thread open
Old 06/22/2006, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

just our $.02 cents like you gave yours....we can have a civil conversation about, i promise

Old 06/22/2006, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

but notice where everyone in the world wants to come live.....
Old 06/22/2006, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

1 minute of play
Old 06/22/2006, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

did we even bring our offense to the world cup? that coach has to go and they need some more offensive schemes and players....
.....because the u.s. team has to be so talented that it can beat the other team and the refs next cup...

Old 06/22/2006, 11:10 AM
Premium Member

I never want to see Donovan, Beasely, Reyna, Convey, the list goes on, in a US jersey again. These guys are terrible in international competition.

I never want to see Arena behind the US bench again...he has plateaued as a coach. It's time to bring in a Euro to coach this team. Pathetic game planning and management by Arena.

It was there for the taking today, but even without the PK, its still a tie due to Reyna's poor play.
Old 06/22/2006, 11:25 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ftnirishfan
Open your eyes to the reality Mike. There are too many game changing BS calls against the US in every game of every world cup. It is prob b/c Soccer is all the rest of the world has and everyone knows that the US will eventually become the best in that as well.
Quote:
Originally posted by ftnirishfan
but notice where everyone in the world wants to come live.....
This is the arrogance the world talks about..

I'm very glad the Italian squad got the job done, and Ghana is just filthy good.

Where's your will to be weird?
Old 06/22/2006, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

first one...but second one is 'factual'

.....but i agree with a upheavel of players and definitely B. Arena for the u.s. squad