Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Richmond Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/16/2006, 07:34 AM
HMMM........

Coming to Virginia

HI there everyone ,
My name is Dawn and I am a reefer in RI headed to Virginia ( busch gardens) area for a few weeks and was looking to get the low down on any good reefing stores in the general area , dont mind driving a ways if it is worth it but with 4 kids in tow also dont want to do a 3 hour drive for no reason

any and all help will be appreciated I am taking a temp tank with me as I ahve a couple trades goin on along the way also so figured might as well see what the stores are like out there ,
Thanks in advance ,Dawn
Old 06/16/2006, 08:08 AM
Registered Member

I think you would be remiss if you did not check out Atlantis Aquariums. It is by far the best store within 2 hours of Richmond! Marvin is a great person and you'll definitely see things in his store that you won't see anywhere else along the east coast.

Ridiculous Custom Deltec Setup anyone... hehe

Peace,
John
Old 06/16/2006, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

definetely the best store around
Old 06/16/2006, 02:13 PM
HMMM........

LOL already planned on visiting Marvin dying to see the deltek setup up and running..unfortunately when I was drooling over it at MAcna it was empty...
LOl the ? will be if Marvin remembers me and if I need to hide
Old 06/16/2006, 02:15 PM
Premium Member

Don't worry its not empty anymore
Old 06/16/2006, 08:29 PM
Magnetic Wall of SPS

Atlantis... We are fortunate to have such a great business in Richmond.
Old 06/16/2006, 08:46 PM
Premium Member

Yes, I've driven down 2 times now to buy from Marvin. His stuff is great and soooo much to pick from. I absolutely love the store.

And, to top it off, Marvin and staff are very friendly and knowledgable. Definately worth a stop.
Old 06/17/2006, 12:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skyedolphan
LOL already planned on visiting Marvin dying to see the deltek setup up and running..unfortunately when I was drooling over it at MAcna it was empty...
LOl the ? will be if Marvin remembers me and if I need to hide
Look forward to meeting you again. Just drop by and don't say a word and I'll try to pass the test

Marvin
Old 06/17/2006, 12:51 PM
HMMM........

could always post some MACNA pics to jog the memory LOL
Old 06/17/2006, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skyedolphan
could always post some MACNA pics to jog the memory LOL
I can't put a face with your screen name. What MACNA pictures do you want to see? Hopefully I'll recognize you.

Marvin
Old 06/17/2006, 03:18 PM
HMMM........

Now hoping I am correct with the face and name LOL

Old 06/17/2006, 08:30 PM
HMMM........

HMM
no one answers can someone please tell me if i am correct or wrong?
mind you this was MACNA this year, first nite after driving 12 hours ,getting in in time for supper, going dancing and getting back to the hotel around 2or 3 am after a few cab drives and whatnot This gentle man was great to tolerate me and the gang

with the cameras and and everything else I actually think I pulled him away from a convo with a friend from Houston.. someone PLEASE tell me if I have the correct name with the picture ?
Old 06/17/2006, 08:40 PM
Registered Member

You got it right.
Old 06/18/2006, 01:05 AM
Registered Member

Dawn,

It all just came back to me in a flash. The amazing thing about pictures is they can show up out of the blue. You are welcome here anytime. Looking forward to your visit When are you expected in town?

Marvin
Old 06/18/2006, 06:56 AM
HMMM........

Thanks MArvin, ya pics are funny like that, we are heading outta here July 6th I believe just waiting on word from 1of the foster kids mom as to whether she can come or not ..
Like said after the torture myself and some of the BRS crew gave you wasnt sure if we would be welcomed hehe..

Looking forward to seeing you again have heard much praise about your store and def.cant wait to see the deltec up and running ...... and a good thing is it is not MACNA so I should be wide awake and sober which under those conditions I am less likely to torture people although cant say that about the kids that will be with me LOL