Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Philadelphia Area Reef Club (PARC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/02/2006, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

Taking down tank

I will be taking my tank down in the summer because I'm going to Japan. Just wanted to tell you guys so you can keep it in mind when planning a tank. I have over 275 lbs of kaileni, a candy cane, some rics, a flame angel that's really fat, another fat coral beauty, a hippo, two cleaner shrimp, some zoo's and two clams. One of the derasas is pretty big. Not really taking it down yet, but if you are interested, tell me.
Old 02/02/2006, 09:28 PM
Reef Pimp

Very sorry to hear the tank is coming down. I would be interested in some zoos and some rock. Keep me in mind when your ready.
Old 02/02/2006, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

id be intrested in the clean shrimp, zoos, any lower light corals. pm with prices when you start getting ready. As estimate on when its coming down?
Old 02/03/2006, 01:32 AM
Registered Member

I just cleared my PM box. I will give consideration to all that send me a PM/e-mail or post on this thread. So far stix, jasert, and embryoguy has contacted me. I can't really come up with prices or anything like that right now, because I'm currently REALLY busy. As you can see, I'm posting this at 1:30 am and I have like more then 100 stat problems and two papers to do. I don't know when's the next day I will be free, but I will give you guys head's up as soon as anything is ready to go. I won't take the tank down until about may 31. I will leave the country on august the 23, so i have to get rid of mostly everything by then. Just letting everyone know now, so they can plan for the summer. I will make a list of everything I'm willing to sell when I get a chance.
Old 02/03/2006, 06:50 AM
Registered Member

sounds good...hope you got some sleep man.
Old 02/03/2006, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

I'm interested in the flame if still available, and some rock..
Old 02/03/2006, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

I am also interested in zoos and the cleaners. Thanks
Old 02/03/2006, 07:36 PM
Take your time...........

Sorry to hear you are leaving the hobby and the country. What type of setups do you have. I would love to upgrade to a larger tank. Thanks BILL
Old 02/03/2006, 08:27 PM
PARC Member & Reef Monkey

Congrats on being able to go to Japan, but sorry to hear you have to break down your tank to do it. When you are ready, and if they are still available (because I see others ahead of me), I would be interested in the cleaners and/or the flame angel.

Terry
Old 02/04/2006, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

Okay, I can sell the clams and corals now because they are the easiest to remove. Phrawd and dppitone has expressed interest in the clams, they get first dibs.

1. Blue rim derasa. Pretty big, atleasat five something inches. I bought it for 55 when it was really small. Looking for 50.
2. Blue crocea. Atleast 3 inches. Looking for 30, or buy both for 70.
3. Two huge GSP encrusted LR's. Atleast 7-8 inches across. Looking for 15 each.
4. Candy cane. Lots of heads, haven't counted, but there use to be 8-9 and they all have split or are about to. looking for 50.
5. Rics of various colors from Organism. I bought 5, but there's something like 7 now. I'll sell them for 60. I'm not even sure how many there are, I will check it later tonite.
6. Large purple feather duster- $10

And Chaeto if you want any.

All the fish are hard to catch so I can't sell them until I take the tank down.

I also have a ASM G-4x with sedra 9000. Barely used, I just have to clean it. I used it for about 3-4 months. Looking for $300
Old 02/04/2006, 09:52 PM

Lan, do you have a pic of the feather duster?
Old 02/04/2006, 10:09 PM
Reef Pimp

Lan just let me know on the zoos and rock
Old 02/04/2006, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

I would be really interested in the ricordia, flame, and a gsp rock. Do you have any pics of the ricordia? Have you had any trouble with the flame and your clams? I live in Honeybrook PA.
Old 02/05/2006, 02:27 AM
Registered Member

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. Stix, the zoo's are stuck on a pretty big piece of rock. I don't know if you got a bigger tank or not, but I don't think they will fit in your tank very well. What you can do, is buy the rock and break it into smaller pieces if you want, or it can be your center piece. I do have smaller purple zoo's with yellow center that is on a small rock if you are interested. It has about 20 something polyps. It's been growing REALLY fast. I think I would like $15 for that. The clam is SUPER hardy. Probably the hardiest thing I have in there. It has survived 40-90 degree temperatures. It survived even when all my snails died. I got it from the frazer zoo almost 3 years ago. The flame is the best one I've had in 3 tries. It eats alot of algea so it's good if you have algea in your tank. Eat all types of foods, pellets, flake, etc. The problem is, I don't think I can catch it with all the rock work, so I think you'll have to wait until I take the tank down. GettingFeisty, the purple feather duster is the one ECA had in their display like a year ago. I talked them into selling it to me. It's in my sump right now as I find that it grows faster in there. I'll try to get a pic tomorrow, but I doubt it will turn out very well. I don't want to put it in my tank because my coral beauty keeps swimming in it which makes it close up.
Old 02/05/2006, 02:34 AM
Registered Member

This was taken almost a year ago, when I first moved them to this house. The clams pretty much look the same now, except bigger, and the GSP have a bit longer polyps now.
Old 02/05/2006, 08:15 AM
Reef Pimp

count me in for the purple and yellows! Do you have a pic of the big rock with the zoos...I may be interested in breaking it up or centering it in the tank!
Old 02/05/2006, 09:10 AM

Do you have a RBTA for sale?
Old 02/05/2006, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

I am very intereted in the zoos as well.....
Old 02/05/2006, 11:36 AM

Thanks Lan, believe it or not, I have never been to ECA.