Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Pittsburgh Marine Aquarium Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/26/2005, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

Raynist, I don't have any Tunze products in stock, but I can get them from one of my suppliers. I may stock a few of their products, I haven't decided yet.
Old 12/26/2005, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

Sorry about that, I'm at a friends house, and I responded under his screen name (forgot to change it, opps).
Old 12/27/2005, 12:11 PM
Premium Member

PM Sent
Old 12/29/2005, 10:29 PM
Registered Member

Fishox, and holeinone I've replied to your PM'S
Old 12/30/2005, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

Hey Jason did you find out if you can get a hold of the Pederson's cleaner shrimp? We talked at your store a few weeks back about them. Here is a link to them on etropicals. They are cool little shrimp and would make a great addition to any store.

http://www.etropicals.com/product/pr...43&pCatId=1283
Old 12/30/2005, 07:16 PM
Premium Member

I am not sure what your line card looks like...and assume we will all see rather soon.

I would also hate to think that this turns into a "can you get..." and "you should get...." type of thread... but you did ask

Nobody in the area seems to carry Salifert kits, sweeatwater or whitewater pumps, quality airstones or decent consumables and dry goods. In any case I can't wait to see what awaits us.

Bill
Old 01/02/2006, 03:34 AM
Registered Member

Nano's Rock, still on the look out for the shrimp. One of my suppliers has told me that they do get them in from time to time, so I will have to let you know when I finally get my hands on one. As far as products go, the reason I asked was to help get products in that may not be availible at other lfs. I'd like to stock my store with products my customers want rather than saying "well this is what I've got". Your reply tells me that I'm on the right track though. I do have Salifert kits in stock, and I will have to look into the pumps. I do thank you for your input, your replies help me serve a wider selection of needs. Everybody has different opinions on what works best for them, sharing these experiances is what this website is based on. I just want to thank you guys for being so supportive and helping your local stores do the best job we can.
Old 01/02/2006, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Jason,

Any word on your occupancy permit or opening date?

Chuck
Old 01/02/2006, 01:45 PM
Premium Member

Ya know that is one thing that I'm real glad to hear you'll be carrying. I think salifert test kits are great. It's nice to know that I can pick them up locally now, as opposed to finding out I've run out and having to mail order them.
Old 01/02/2006, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

Already have the Occupancy Permit. I just need to fully sock my saltwater livestock and I will be open. With Christmas and New Years it was kinda hard getting anything in. Other than getting in an order I am ready for business. Thanks again

P.S. Thanks Acroconut
Old 01/02/2006, 02:28 PM
Premium Member

One thing I would like to see in a store in the PGH area is many small SPS frags. I was at Salty Critter about 6 weeks ago and that store blows away anything we have here in PGH 10x's over. That store alone has more coral for sale than EVERY store in PGH put together.

--Ray
Old 01/02/2006, 03:52 PM
Premium Member

So you are planning to have a private opening for the local clubs? With a nice big, "grand opening sale", so we can clean you out and force you to order more stock!
Old 01/03/2006, 01:06 AM
Registered Member

(BeanAnimal) That's essentially the idea, I just want to brace myself before you guys get here.

(Raynist) I would have to agree with you, Salty Critter is a very nice store, but I know of at least one store in the area that may contend with them (hint, hint). I do give Dan all the credit in the world, he's a great guy and extremly knowlegable.
Old 01/05/2006, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

The store Phone Number is: (724) 473-1128
Thought I'd let you guys know! Jason
Old 01/10/2006, 03:01 PM
Premium Member

Hey Jason,

Will you sell anything like PH calibration solutions?

Also, any update on an opening day?

Thanks
Ray
Old 01/11/2006, 12:39 AM
Registered Member

I will be getting Ph calibration fluid in with my order of Ph controllers. As of right now I have TDS calibration fluid for my TDS meters. The fluid can be purchased separately from the meters. As far as an opening day, I'm here most of the day, and if you need something by all means stop by. I'm just holding off on a Grand Opening until I've fully stocked my Saltwater section. I should be ready soon though. Thanks again, Jason
Old 01/11/2006, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

So, if I stopped in, could I buy any live stock? Are you ever there in the evenings?

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
-Frank Sinatra
Old 01/11/2006, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

Yes, I am here most evenings. As for now just call the store (724) 473-1128 and if I'm in you are more than welcome to stop by.
Old 01/11/2006, 04:21 PM
Premium Member

Jason,

Could you post a landmark that is near your store? I'm just curious where on 19 you are located.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 01/11/2006, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Two Lights north of Best Buy. About a mile north of Walmart. There is a Rite Aid that just opened next to the plaza that I am in. If you didn't know the store is located at the Village Shoppes of Cranberry strip mall right next to the Subway. Hope this helps. Jason
Old 01/19/2006, 05:45 AM
Registered Member

I'll have to plan a small trip sometime. (I'm up in Erie)
Old 01/19/2006, 12:14 PM
WetWebMedia

For all of you who are tagging along on this thread, I am pasting my post from another thread here.

Hi all,

We have a new local supporting store in Cranberry Township. It is called "Under the Sea", and Jason, the owner asked me to announce their grand opening.

The official grand opening will be Monday, January 23rd, but Jason is offering PMASI members a sneak preview on this Sunday, January 22nd from noon until 5:00pm.

Under the Sea carries Marine and Freshwater livestock as well as an assortment of dry goods, pumps, skimmers, lighting equipment, etc. They will offer PMASI members a 10% discount.

The store is located on Route 19 in Cranberry Township. From the turnpike or Route 79, exit at Cranberry and take Route 19 north. The store is in a strip center on the right at the intersection of Route 19 and Rochester Road. Look for the Ichiban Japanes Steak House that is in the same shopping center.

I encourage anyone who plans on stopping by to come early for two reasons... first, you can be back home in time for the Steeler's game and second, it will get the most of us there at the same time to visit and chat.