Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/22/2005, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Thanks MARS

Just wanted to thank MARS and Pam for your hospitality. All of us from the Redding Area Reef Enthusiasts really enjoyed the swap.

Once again, thank you.

Bill
Old 10/22/2005, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Second that thanks to all of you for a great time and great food,
Jeff, Cory and Logan
Old 10/22/2005, 10:24 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for everything.

I thought it was great to have the frags in the back area. It will really help at the next swap when the temps go up.

Today, I brought about 25 things to share. Thanks to the raffle and the nice frags I picked up, I'll be able to share the wealth even more the next time.

Thanks again,

Roy
Old 10/22/2005, 11:11 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Pam, Rich and everyone who joined the swap... It was very nice meeting everyone. Everything went really well today.

Pam,
Your tank is amazing.. I wish someday I will have a tank like that..

Old 10/23/2005, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

I agree - my wife and I both had a great time. The food was great and the swap was a lot of fun.

Elite - we ended up with one of your Kenya Tree - doing great and looks great - thanks a lot for bringing such good sized and nice pieces.

-- Josh
Old 10/23/2005, 11:45 AM
Premium Member

Hey Bill - your crew really know how to make an entrance. I was sitting in the shade with a few people, and we noticed your crew with a the RARE tshirt. Glad your club could make it down!

Pam and MARS - that's for hosting the swap! Pam - thanks for offering your place and letting us make a mess of it. I saw Alan running around the whole day cleaning after us. BTYW, those burgers were great! I am glad you didn't buy those cheapie paper-thin cardboard-flavored poor excuse for a burger patties. Thanks Alan (and neighbor?) for BBQing.

Wish I had gotten around to talking to more people - but I wasn't in a very sociable mood yesterday. But thanks James and Jeni for the talk. You guys are great friends.

Minh
Old 10/23/2005, 03:33 PM
Dolphins at Seaworld

Roy,
It must be true that the more you give the more you get. 25 pieces! Thanks for the generosity. You were the one that won like 3-4 colonies right?
Old 10/23/2005, 03:40 PM
Dolphins at Seaworld

Jeff,
I picked up your red cap and the purple monti. You didn't happen to bring a frag of the purple stylophora did you. Darned if I missed it. Thanks for the great stuff. What's with the plastic screws? Do you drill holes in your live rock to mount? Cool idea, where do you get the plastic screws?
Old 10/23/2005, 10:32 PM
Registered Member

Sorry on stylo, the mounts are sprinkler head filter if you pinch the ends with pliers, just bellowthe frag, the frag and super glue plug should pop out together and mount it like that 3/4's of it are filled with crushed coral. THe stylo is actually pink with blue polyps and is the mother colony of the one growing at Atlantis I forget what he calls it
You can find the filters at any irrigation store, the home improvement chains only sell them with the sprinkler L8TR Jeff
Old 10/23/2005, 11:49 PM
Ugly fishes need love too

Also, a great big thank you from me to MARS, Pam, and everybody else for a super nice time!

Sorry to be so late with the thanks. I only slept for an hour and a half on Friday, and I crashed big time after putting things away safely and home stuff on Saturday evening. Today was weekend chores to keep the peace, hahaha

Nice seeing some familiar faces, and putting faces to new names!

Norman.