Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/21/2004, 09:46 AM
Queen Premium Member

Maybe I should sign everything Ahmanduh?
Old 07/21/2004, 09:58 AM
RC Staff
American

Contrary to popular opinion, Long Islanders do not have an accent, it's people everywhere else that do!
As far as me, I don't see or say an "R" in Amanda

Now, to be serious, I hope you guys (that's yankee for Y'All) don't feel like I stopped here just to break your shoes. I feel like we all have a responsibility to take the newbies under our wing, and only offer good advice to them. This not only saves them money and frustration, but it also saves the lives of countless animals.
I much prefer to offer the advice that is most likely to bring success, and leave the controvercial "It worked for me" stuff for more advanced forums.
IOW YOU might be getting away with two yellow Tangs in a 75 gallon tank, but that's NOT likely to work in the vast majority of cases, and recommending such husbandry to a newbie is not right.
Amanda's tank is running successfully, I can't really say why, she's breaking quite a few rules. I would not appreciate anyone telling a newbie that they should replicate the same stocking level. Could it work? Obviously it could but we need to give advice responsibly for the sake of the animals.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we

created them." Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure it's Mike's fault.....
Old 07/21/2004, 10:10 AM
Queen Premium Member

Well said!
Old 07/21/2004, 10:52 AM
Reef Mania

She must have some awsome LR to keep up with all her critter's and livestock! I think that Mag 5 on the Remora Pro helps alot as well.

24g Aquapod
MJ 900
Standard Pump
Standard 72w PC Lighting
Old 07/21/2004, 04:18 PM
Premium Member

i must say to robert and amanda. you guys have both helped me out a ton. keep the good threads, and info coming. also keep the jokes coming (maybe not about husbandry), but i always find a good laugh on y'alls (you guys'-for Larry) threads. wether you wanted one or not rj youve got that rookie under your wing allready.

LT
Old 07/21/2004, 04:48 PM
Reef Mania

Thanks H2O, Amanda and I appreciate all the support from y'all/you guy's we can get.

24g Aquapod
MJ 900
Standard Pump
Standard 72w PC Lighting
Old 07/21/2004, 06:45 PM
Charlotte Area Realtor

Well is the little fish in question still jumping? I have not purchased one yet but this weekend is looking prime time! Just not to keen to come home and have the dog freaking out cause there is a fish on the floor. After the wrasse I will get a the show fish and the 55 should be complete...I really am thinking of getting a tang..... that comment alone should.... well I will leave it alone.... Great tank Amanduh!

Baz

Realtor
Old 07/21/2004, 07:02 PM
Queen Premium Member

LOL Ahmanduh. Yes, my wrasse is still jumping. But did you see the cover on my tank? I got it at Home depot. It's the plastic that covers lights in a drop ceiling. I bout one piece and took a marker and marked out the exact measurments to my tank including all the stuff hanging off my tank. It woks great!

Amanda
Old 07/21/2004, 07:21 PM
no pig 2 big

You can even buy Fusion spray paint from Kryon at Home cheapo and paint it any color you want...
Old 07/14/2005, 10:30 PM
*----Reefer----*

Oh, no! Where can we see the vids now?
Old 07/15/2005, 07:24 AM
Queen Premium Member

The videos are gone now, sorry.
Old 07/15/2005, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

Bummer.. I was looking forward to seeing. I even checked out your homepage but things aren't loading on their either. WEbalbum stops loading 1/4 way through.. pics of your nano tank aren't loading. Just to let you know
Old 07/15/2005, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by luntiz
At least he lands back into the tank, I had a Firefish jump out and MIA for 2 days until I looked behind the tank. His body was all dried up and it wasnt a pretty sight. =(
i can top that mine jumped out of my g/fs nano into the cooling fan. not a pretty sight either.
Old 07/15/2005, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

Oh noooo I read thru this whole thread, hoping to find new link the the videos........(pouting). Well, maybe if we ask really nice, we can get a new even better video of the wrasse jumping????? (big cheesy grin attached)
Old 07/15/2005, 03:25 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lillibirdy
Oh noooo I read thru this whole thread, hoping to find new link the the videos........(pouting). Well, maybe if we ask really nice, we can get a new even better video of the wrasse jumping????? (big cheesy grin attached)
not of the same wrasse sadly enough Amanda had to take her beautiful tank down to make room and time for a new baby girl