Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Invert and Plant Forums > Tridacnid Clams and other Mollusks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/19/2005, 05:15 PM
Moved On

clam shipping

I was supposed to receive 5 clams through the Fed Ex today but they messed up the shipment and it wont get here until tomorow, my question is will 4 croceas and 1 maxima survive 2 day shipping. And is there any extra steps I should take in acclimating them, or just the usual clam acclimation?
Thank you for your time
Victoria
Old 04/20/2005, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

did you get the clams yet? they would usually be ok as long as the water does not settle so the salinity does not rise in the bag.
Old 04/20/2005, 04:14 PM
Moved On

Yes, they arrived about 1 hour ago, I am still acclimating them. One of the bags had leaked about 1/2 of the water out and the top of the clams (there were 2 in the bag) were showing. They have great reflex action though, I even got squirted for the first time I will let you know how they are doing later today and if all goes well will post pictures in a few days or so. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Victoria
Old 04/20/2005, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Jerm, acclimate them slow, no need to rush it.