Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/15/2005, 02:54 AM
Registered Member

Who takes care of themselves more than their tanks? (a funny thread:)

I just had to ask this question....I think at this point I'm 50/50 on taking care of myself versus my reef tanks. I know it's silly and I'm the most important thing to take care of! I take supplements and try to eat the right things, but as you all know, that doesn't happen all the time.....plus I smoke thats like putting 100 chemicals in your reef! Gotta quit smoking and exercise more.....LOL

Please all chime in and see if you take care of yourself more than your tanks! And if you don't, then there is no shame

PEACE OUT
Old 04/15/2005, 04:14 AM
Medieval French Monkey

I take better care of my tank than myself. Heck, my fish eat regularly, that's more than I can say.
Old 04/15/2005, 04:29 AM
Moved On

i take care of myself fine~, the reef tank is my hnobby and my heart and passion goes all into it!
Old 04/15/2005, 05:49 AM
Premium Member

I spend a lot of time at the fish stores and working on the tank...for me THAT IS taking care of myself.
Old 04/15/2005, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

keep 'em comin!
Old 04/15/2005, 02:39 PM
Premium Member

People need supplements and a balanced diet too !?!?!?

oops :O
Old 04/15/2005, 02:50 PM
Huey Freeman 4 President!

I'd say I take care of my tank more than myself. maybe the ratio is about 60:40 or possibly 70:30 !??

yes it's sad.

like the kbman... I rarely exercise, I smoke, don't eat regularly like Gawain. I don't take supplements lmfao.. but my tank sure does.

The above are all fine and dandy at all.. but what really tipped the scales for me is where my money goes.

Maybe it's because I'm a guy.. but I seriously can't remember the last time I went clothes shopping (or any other shopping) for myself and NOT MY TANK!

If I get money... I'd say 70-80% of my money (besides stuff for food, bills, etc) goes to my tank....

help !
Old 04/15/2005, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

I try to do a "water" change on myself at least once a month... drink too much and get rid of the waste... This seems to help keep me "stable", although I believe I have spent more on my RO/DI unit..
Old 04/15/2005, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

^^ lol! i tried that liquid drano stuff to flush my body out- didnt feel too good..