Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Tampa Bay Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/10/2005, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by robthorn
I only have one thing to add. John didn't give himself the name fish nazi. his loyal customers did. ok ok I have more to say but I will keep it to myself.
Old 03/10/2005, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

My first stop at Fish & Other Ichthy Things was yesterday. Few minutes early but allowed to come in. All I can say is that I was very impressed with the store and inventory. Picked up some nice pieces of Tonga rock, Tunze, and controller which I had back ordered. The staff was very couteous and helpful. Definitely worth a trip.
Old 03/10/2005, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

To answer the original question of "What LFS do U guys go to?" :

After reading all 4 pages, the approximate count of positive responses are;

Fish & Other Ichthy Things - 13

Coral Reef - 3

Marine Warehouse - 2

Exotic Aquatics - 1

Aquarium Creations (Brandon) - 2

Nolans (Lakeland) - 1

Creative Oceans - 2 (Please note these were from an individual (owner? employee?) associated with this store)

While not an "official poll", I don't think anyone is surprised by these results.

Old 03/10/2005, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

I just got back to the office from John's and I could just stay in that place for hour's. Thanks for all of the help John and I'm looking forward to hearing from Rob. I picked up the coolest blue line trigger acouple of gold heads and some Xenia. Everything looked great! Thanks again. By the way, does anyone know the true meaning of (deposit)? Just asking....
Old 03/11/2005, 12:01 AM
Registered Member

hey carl nice talking to you I will be in touch this weekend.
Old 03/11/2005, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Question

Anybody have any experience with Sea Critters in Dover Florida? I think they specialize in Gulf and Keys critters. How are they?
Old 03/12/2005, 11:28 PM
Registered Member

I find all of this chatter about lfs rather interesting! I have purchased from most all of the locations . Good and Bad! As customers I believe we look for multiple things- 1.quality live stock 2.Knowledge 3. Customer service 4. pricing 5. Integrity(not necessarily in this order!) I don't believe anyone has met all of these- Do you? I think 3 of these can be corrected but 2 -More difficult!!!!! 1)always can get better 2)Can aquire w/ study and experience 4) can always strive to be more competitive BUT 3) & 5 ) has to be protected and often times can never be regained once Lost! Just my opinion !!! I love shopping for reef stuff We have a wonderful hobby and I just want to get better not bitter
Old 03/12/2005, 11:35 PM
Registered Member

please respond to new thread do not want to continue a negative tread !
Old 03/27/2005, 12:16 AM
RC Mod

Those who bash other businesses in an effort to promote their own commercial interests are not welcome on RC.

I trust we won't see any more of this type of behavior.

Agu
Old 03/27/2005, 01:54 PM
Moved On

FYi
Chris the "FishkeeperCt", icthologist,etc was known all over CT as a BSer,liar. He had to leave the state because none the reefers would do business with him. He's bad news! I can personally attest to that!
Eric
Old 03/27/2005, 02:03 PM
Premium Member

6 posts in 1.5 years and every one of them are to attack a certain member that is no longer even a member. Next post like this and you'll be history as well.

If you want to know - ask. But I won't promise you'll like the answer.