Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/30/2004, 03:57 PM
sweeeet!!

Send it overnight and give him the confirmation number. It can get there by then, have faith in FedEx. If you don't have the pump that he paid for, buy him a new one and have it shipped to his house.

Out of curiosity, what do you have left to sell?? I may be a glutton for punishment but I am interested in test kits and possibly the SCWD.

Let it snow, I have a hobby to pay for!!!
Old 03/30/2004, 04:03 PM
Moved On

Mr.James, Glad you trust me enough to try again. But sorry both the sqwd and tests are gone. Alli have left is basically the tank and stand
Old 03/30/2004, 04:05 PM
sweeeet!!

I never said I trusted you, but figured I'd give it another shot for something of less money.

Old 03/30/2004, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

We'll take this to e-mail, but one point I do want to clarify. I asked you on the 16th about the tracking info, you replied to me that since it took so long for you to ship, you would send it 2nd day air. Your words, I did not ask for them. Starting from the 17th, which is the day you said you would send it 2nd Day Air, the package is now 2 weeks later than I expected.
Old 03/30/2004, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

Yikes I hope you weren't serious Mr. James.

Old 03/30/2004, 04:22 PM
sweeeet!!

I love rollercoaster rides and Danny hasn't lost his touch. I really hope DBak is an undercover RC cop!!

Old 03/30/2004, 04:34 PM
Moved On

Hey i keep it enterntaining, Extreme you sure you dont wanan buy anything LOL. Dbak and i have settling everything. Like usual im not screwing anyone contrary to what extreme like to think or tell everyone.
Old 03/30/2004, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

I decided to send it back to him. The fixture has a plexy UV filter that melts when the lights are turned on. Ran them for under 5 minutes, and the shield started bubbling. Along with not getting the pump, and him not willing "make it right" to my satisfaction, I decided to just cancel the deal. The lights themselves may have been used in other fixtures, for what time period I can not say, but now I'd have to wait even longer to use it by getting a piece of tempered glass cut to fit.

I still can't figure out why it would be so difficult to have sent the pump either next day or 2nd day air. We do it all the time at work, and he's even got an account to do it with.

On a positive note, he did already send the money back to me via Paypal.
Old 03/30/2004, 05:12 PM
Moved On

Dback, sending the pump 2day is not a problem, the problem is me getting it to fedex in time to have it to you by friday. I dont want to tell you youll have it and then you dont. Again. Was just trying to let you know the deal so you could make the decision on what you wanted to do. I feel as though i do the right thing and i get it turned aroudn on me as though im pulling something.

Thanks for throwing in the positive note its nice to know some people tell the whole story. Dbak sorry again for a ****ty transaction
Old 03/30/2004, 05:15 PM
sweeeet!!

Whew, (wipe sweat from forehead), this saga has wore me out. I'm going home. See you guys tomorrow.

Old 03/30/2004, 07:01 PM
RC Sponsor

That's it!
What am I supposed to do now?

My favorite RC soap opera can't be over.
Extreme, don't you have anything to say?????

It has been most entertaining. Kind of like a car accident; horrible, but couldn't take my eyes off of it.

LOL to all
Old 03/30/2004, 07:03 PM
RC Sponsor

BTW Fishkiller, whatever did happen to your rock????????
Old 03/30/2004, 07:22 PM
Moved On

HAHA, i cant believe so many poepel were following this, Maybe thats why extremereefer never shuts up he is starving for attention or something.
Old 03/30/2004, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Fishkiller63,

Does that mean the mag 9.5 pump is available again? Can you email or pm with the condition of the pump as well as asking price?
Old 03/31/2004, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

I'm glad that some people can find this situation humorous. Hopefully everything works out. And apparently I am not starving for attention FishKiller63. Actually I don't even know if you will read this since you got banned..again, but seriously your way of doing business is worse than I thought.

He'll be back.....
Old 03/31/2004, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Just a quick question from the peanut gallery....

I've been reading this thread. If someone wasn't getting SCREWED it would have been a hillarious thread, but because someone is getting shafted....it makes it a very serious situation, and that's why I've got a serious question for Fishkiller63...

Fishkiller...what grade are you in?

I can only assume you're in Highschool because from your posts you seem to have absolutely NO clue on how business is to be conducted, how people are to be treated, and most of all... how to follow through with what you say you're going to do.

Um.... if you tell someone you're sending something 2nd day air, and they've paid for 2nd day air and you don't ship it 2nd day air...that's mail fraud. Now, I know you offered to pay 2nd day air for holding the transaction up...so technically, it's not mail fraud, but how close do you think you could possibly get it to mail fraud without 'stepping over' the line? Furthermore, if you tell someone you're going to do something as compensation for something that was your fault, and you don't follow through...that compounds the problem.

While I agree that this should be settled privately....through emails.... I think it's somewhat obtuse for you to get upset for people conversing about this in a public forum. You kind of sound like the kid on the playground who got in timeout for kicking another student and is yelling at the other kids for laughing at you for getting in trouble...

What's curious to me.... If I'm not good at something...I don't do it. PERIOD! Saves me time, money, and hassle. Instead, you just switch names and do it all over again... WHY?
Old 03/31/2004, 10:45 AM
Premium Member

LoL.... funny thread
Old 03/31/2004, 10:48 AM
sweeeet!!

I need to update my post about Danny Dxxxxx. Yet another one of his alias's got banned. My wife and I think he has some mental problems, all jokes aside. The money he collected from me was reversed by PayPal for not sending the package within two weeks of collecting the money. That is one of PayPal's rules, among others. I have not received any kind of refund, although I did get the pump I paid for. Every time I see Danny back on RC, I try to figure out his game. I just don't get it?!?

I am sorry for those of you who did business with him and got shafted. It pays to do research on anyone who is selling anything here on RC as well as abroad. The feedback forum is just the place.

Last edited by Mr James; 03/31/2004 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03/31/2004, 11:11 AM
Moved On

Its me, Fishkiller63. I had to say something because this is rediculous.

Mr. James: First off i would appreciate if you edited yoru post and removed my last name. I think that is completely innapropriate. I dont need prank calls, nasty calls, letters, whatever. The poepel who have done business with me knwo my last name and id like to not make it a public piece of info for the entire internet to know.

Also, You make a good point about you cant figure out my game. I think that is the whole problem here. ExtremeReefer starts hysteria and everyone gets crazy. Im not playing games, im not trying to get over on anyone. What do i get out of shipping something a few days-week late? If i was playing games i would not refund any money, i wouldnt send any goods etc etc... The reason you cant figure my game out is because i have none. Ive tried making this point many times. I am not a business and i cannot give the customer service or turn aroudn times as a dedicated busines would. Thats why peopel buy used to not pay retail.

If you look at the post i had been trying to sell this stuff for quite a while and when it finally did sell i may have not had time to handle everything in a quick manner. I try my best and i try to make things right for the deal. Sometimes it doesnt happen.

I think i go beyond what most would do and i refunded peopeles money and paid for shipping back to me. Not every transaction works out well and i at least take responsibility for mine when they dont. That is alot more then i can say for most people who sell used goods. NO?

ReefItUp, I was not aware that that was mail fraud, but in anycase the buyer did not pay for 2nd day nor did he pay for any shipping i actually picked up the shipping tab. As far as how peopel are treated, i dont think i treated Dbak bad at all. I kept in contact with him at all times, i tried my best to make things right and when it didnt work out i paid for all shipping charges and refunded every cent of his money within minutes.

ExtremeReefer; Please elaborate on the way i do business? I shipped a few days late. I dont think i need to be hung or thrown in jail for that or to have such a debate on my business practices because of it. I dont see what your or everyone elses problem is. The one who should be complaining is Dbak and he has posted once or twice. not bashing me half of what you guys are.

If you want same day service, Brand new equipment and awesome customer service stop being so cheap and buy retail. If not then be prepared to deal with a few delays and possible bumps along the way. NOt to say you shouldnt be satisfied with your purchase but have a little leeway on yrou expectations of the transaction as a whole.
Old 03/31/2004, 11:23 AM
sweeeet!!

Done.

Old 03/31/2004, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I shipped a few days late. I dont think i need to be hung or thrown in jail for that or to have such a debate on my business practices because of it. I dont see what your or everyone elses problem is. The one who should be complaining is Dbak and he has posted once or twice. not bashing me half of what you guys are.
I do have a problem with people posting facts incorrectly. The shipment was sent almost two weeks late, not a few days.

While I was not on here every day beating this transaction, I was told a number of times that the shipment was being sent when in fact it had not been sent. I was then told it was being sent 2nd Day air, when it was infact sent ground.

When dealing with other people, you don't have to have class A customer service, but it is expected that common courtesy and communication with the other party is maintained.

Danny - You lied to me when you told me that the shipment was sent the first time, and just forgot to send me the tracking number. I haven't determined yet whether you lied about the pump or were just inept in not sending it. Either way, I didn't get what I paid for in what anyone would consider a timely manner.

After I did finally receive the light, when I tried it, it started melting the shield since it was made from a plastic material that could not handle the heat. This made me question the design of the fixture as a whole, which is why it's being returned to you.

You were attempting to sell all of the originally posted items as a lot. The fact that you wanted to sell all or nothing at first was your decision. I asked up front that if you decided to part it out to let me know. The delay in selling was based on your decision to sell all or nothing, not the lack of interest in the individual items.

Finally, there was a lot of communication by me that was ignored by you, and I can only assume that I did not receive answers due to the fact that you just didn't have time to ship the items, even though you already had my money. This is not an acceptible practice business or personally, and you will continue to get flack from people as long as you treat them this way.
Old 03/31/2004, 11:37 AM
RC Sponsor

Ah, the saga continues. I was going to unsubscribe to this thread, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

FISHKILLER LISTED A LOT OF ITEMS FOR SALE INITIALLY. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THEIR WHO BOUGHT FROM FISHKILLER? I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR HOW IT WORKED OUT!

By the way, and please don't take this the wrong way, but describing fishkillers shipping delay as mail fraud has to be one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time.

Dbak seems to have been made whole. Did anyone actually get screwed here?
Old 03/31/2004, 12:00 PM
Moved On

tobasdad, Ahhleluah.

Dbak, The package i belive was shipped about a week late give or take a day. Remember i had to wait about a week for yrou paypal check to clear. There wa a lapse of 8-9 days from teh clearing till it was shipped. If we want to call me on false facts lets call them exactly shall we.

Secondly i never lied and told you it was shipped i was upfrnt and told you i didnt have time or forgot to get it out. Read yoru emails again. Plese dont lie.

Third of all what selling as a package deal and then later deciding to sell seperatly is exactly my point, there was a long time laapse betwen first posting the for sale and when the items were actually sold.

Fourth, What communication was ignored by me? i always got back to you either by PM or by email. Sorry if they were not all with the same day as you sent them but i think i responded is reasonable amounts of time. I never left you hanging.
Old 03/31/2004, 12:01 PM
Moved On

Oops forgot one, Why would i sell you a pumpi didnt intend on shipping? i forgot to add it to the box with the lights, My mistake, Obviously i would have either had to refund you or send the pump at additional expense to me for another shipping. What would be the point??????
Old 03/31/2004, 12:04 PM
Moved On

It comes down to this i guess, look at the situation, decide what i have to benfit from it and my motivatin for doing things. I get nothing except possibly grief and extra expense. Im not ripping anyone off otherwise id dissapear with the money. So I have nothign motivating me to not ship a pump, ship out late etc etc. Other then possibly Being too busy, being out of town, forgetting to add somethign to the box etc. My mistake and i take responsibility for it.

What EXACTLY are you guys accusing me of? OTHER then not getting things out in a timely manner?

And if that is all then i think you guys ar nuts for draggin gthis on and making such a huge deal over it