Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/25/2003, 12:53 PM
Premium Member

Lifereef sump and Calcium reactor

Lifereef LCR-1 Calcium reactor for sale $175

Lifereef LF1-125 $100 if you pick up in NYC.

All information on these items can be found on the Lifereef website. I don't have any pics right now.

If they don't go this week I will put them in storage with the rest of my stuff until my house if finished.

Thanks,

Kasei
Old 07/25/2003, 12:56 PM
Premium Member

YGPM
Old 07/25/2003, 01:00 PM
Premium Member

I will take them both, Will you figure shipping to 52601?
Old 07/25/2003, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

I'm interested in the sump also but I would need it shipped, not sure if you are willing to do that.

It would only be going to Boston, MA so shipping shouldn't be to much.

Let me know
Thank you
Old 07/25/2003, 01:22 PM
possum chauffeur

I will take the reactor and can pick it up. I live in Jersey. Does it come with a pump?
Old 07/25/2003, 01:42 PM
Premium Member

Let me make sure everyone understands that the LF1-125 sump is just the sump. Is not the complete system with the skimmer.

Thanks,

Kasei
Old 07/25/2003, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs down .........!!!!.........TWO THUIMBS DOWN TO PSEUDO BOY...........!!!!!!!...........

Pseudo Boy ripped me off when he shipped me a Lifereef CLF-1 sump. When the sump arrived the bottom corner was busted out of it. He didn't insure it for the full replacement value...Only $200 of it.

Once the claim was being processed I requested he get the cheque sent directly to me but he refused to do so and said I was trying to hide something.

I got stuck with the broken sump and the $100 repair cost. He never did send me my $200 claim, he kept it for himself. He will not return emails or private messages regarding it even though he has received them.

BUYER BEWARE IF HAVING THE ITEMS SHIPPED!! I have full PM history of our conversations for anyone interested. I'll be posting a more thorough overview in the Feedback forum when I get a chance.
Old 07/25/2003, 02:26 PM
Premium Member

Please post them and all relevant information. When you start this please be prepared to go all the way. I have had my last conversation with you on this matter. With all of the people on this and other boards that I have dealt with you are by far the worst person I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Also when you do do this, Let us take it to the people that will make the deciding vote on this (The Moderators). Whoever is wrong will agree to be removed from this website. I will agree to this now.

Let's start....

Re: CLAIM!
Where the **** is my money

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pseudo Boy wrote on 05/23/2003 07:06 AM:
Matt,

Lets not dance around anything anymore.

What do you expect from the outcome of this. You have repeatedly told me that you want the sump but it is broken. I offer to take the sump back and refund your money. You say no. I offer to have it repaired and you say that you have already looked into it and that you would be out of a sump if I took it away and that the cost was prohibitive. I once again offer to refund your money.

I have kept in constant contact with you throughout this debacle and you insist that I am either trying to shaft you or that there is some dishonesty at work on my part. You insist that I am not communicating with you or the people that are processing the claim. I insist that I am and have/will provide documentation that I have.

Now you have made this a respect issue. I will not send the check directly to you as I have been trying to do all along. I will not proceed with anything else unless these things are settled.

1. I want you to provide pictures of the damage to the sump.
2. I want you to provide the estimate and repair receipt for the sump.
3. I will only pay you up to the amount of the damage on the sump. This is because you insist on keeping the sump and as such has become a usable item.
4. If these are not satisfactory to you you now have these options.

1. Ship the sump back to me in the original packaging insured and upon receipt I will refund your money in full $130 ($100 plus shipping)

I will no longer tolerate the hostility that you have shown. I have now assumed that you want a check for $200 plus the Lifereef sump that I sent to you and you are not entitled to both. I feel that you did not want me to see the sump and that was why the adamant plea to have it sent to you and not back to me. Now the urgent pleas to send you the check directly and not to me. Then not wanting me to file the claim on the damage.
I suspect that you have more to hide than anyone. I have been upfront and forward while you have been angst and abusive.

I am now resolved to end this dispute on this note. I have given you all of the civility that I will and will no longer. If you wish to proceed in the forums that is your privilege. I will however have to refute any and all claims that you make because of the constant irregularities in your side of the deal.

If this is a fraud claim then I will proceed to help FedEx Ground Ltd. prosecute you. If the pictures are not the same as the ones the company took during the investigation then I will help them. I have pictures of the sump I sent you and if it is not the same sump I will help them to prosecute you. My sump was a custom sump and as such had a serial number on it which I have with the original receipt.

Now you have made your point and now you have mine. I was willing to help you and you went out of your way to make this a deal gone bad. I hate games and you have pushed me.

Do not contact me unless you are serious about settling this matter. If you wish to contact PayPal, Please do so as the matter will come to the same conclusion, return the merchandise and you will receive a refund.

Have a pleasant vacation.

Pseudo
Old 07/25/2003, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Kasei,

You got your money from me, what more did you want with the damage claim? I've spoken in private with another individual who had a similar deal with you and got shafted and his post was deleted.

I've got my tank finally running. It was you who caused the delay by giving me such a headache. The sump was damaged. Fedex took it from me and inspected it. They conceded that yes there was damage. Sent the sump back to me, and approved the claim. I asked you to get the cheque sent to me, you said you wanted pictures of the damage because you thought i was hiding something...you kept my $200.

I will indeed be posting every detail like I said I would, but it will be posted on the Feedback forum where it belongs so it can be bumped everytime you advertise something for sale here.

No matter what way you try and look at it, I did nothing to you. I paid you your money promptly and you screwed me in the end. Everyone will see that shortly.
Old 07/25/2003, 02:52 PM
Premium Member

I have no clue as to who you are refering to. Do what you have to do.

BDK
Old 07/25/2003, 04:46 PM
Premium Member

ALL PENDING.

Thanks to all who replied. If anything falls through I will let the people I sent messages to know.

Thanks,

Kasei
Old 07/25/2003, 06:46 PM
Moved On

Pot shots :)

I just love it when a Mini-poster(10) tries to flame a guy with hundreds of posts and expects to win. There is a reason why Psuedo has been around for so long, and most of us have had the pleasure of knowing why. He is on the level, always helpful, and seems like a respectable person. I have only had posts with him a few times but that was my impression. Flame on if you want to, but it will never earn you the one thing Psuedo already has...respect.

Bulldog
Old 07/25/2003, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

Flame? I was simplt posting a buyer beware. The full "story" is in the Feedback forum.

Mini-poster, lol, how lame.
Old 07/25/2003, 07:04 PM
Moved On

Flame On

:P
Old 07/25/2003, 09:17 PM
Moved On

Dude...i have done numerous deals with Kasei and it all went smoothly..he is an honest person..being a seller i am also..yes..i would only offer refund when i receive my damage product back..oh..and its FEDEX's money..NOT YOURS! you are titled only to $130 of it and that is what you pay for it..Kasei spend the money to insure it..anyhow..that is between you two..

simple solution..go to petco, get a 10 gallon tank for $10 and use it for temperary sump, send back Kasei's "broken" sump..Kasei send you $200..you still profited freaking $60!
Old 07/25/2003, 09:35 PM
Registered Member

Anthony - Your way off ball on that. Insurance is to cover the replacement of the item or repair.....I don't send him the item and then he send me the money...that is entirely NOT the point of shipping insurance.

The money is NOT Fedex's. I Paid for insurance on my sump and they broke it....it's a liability to them, money they owe....

Honestly, some people don't know jack.
Old 07/25/2003, 09:42 PM
Moved On

Hi - JACK!!! (*whisper - don't say that at the airport)
Old 07/25/2003, 09:45 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for all of the replies Guy's and Gals. I always try to be proper. It just didn't work out this time around. Both of us have points and I will stick to my guns. I will not flame him because it's not my style. He may have a low post count because he would rather lurk than help... His prerogative.

Let him have his say.

Everything is sold.

Thanks,

Kasei
Old 08/05/2003, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

Azonic

I was a claims adjuster for FedEx and you are definately wrong about your assessment of FedEx Insurance. Insurance will only cover the fair market value of the item being shipped. If you ship an item that was sold for a price of $200.00 US, and it is damaged then you get $200.00 US if it was insured for that amount. Insurance is set based on the selling price of an item, NOT the retail price.

Obviously, you knew that the item was USED. You bought it anyway, and the item was damaged in transit. That is NOT the sellers fault.

USED items are not NEW items, and insurance is to reflect that in the price. It is to make sure that if the item is damaged in transit you will be reimbursed for the amount that you paid for it, NOT THE COST OF A NEW ITEM.

My advice is to send the damaged item back to the seller and get a refund.
Old 08/06/2003, 05:28 AM
Registered Member

my 2 cents...

I have dealt with Kasei before and found him to be one of the MOST HONEST people to deal with, and VERY FAIR. I had a low post # when we dealt and he was honest, courteous and fair to me. Kasei is a good guy, and seems he has tried to make it right, if you flame me so be it, but Kasei is all right in my book...
Old 08/06/2003, 08:28 AM
Refurbished Reefer.

Azonic should be given the FULL amount of any insurance check from FedEx.
As the buyer he is entitled to it.
Plain and simple.
Old 08/06/2003, 08:40 AM
You did what?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo Boy

I estimated USPS Air Parcel
Post to be no more than $30. If it comes out to more I will cover it. It takes 4-10 days insured for $200.

Also if they don't take the sump from you ;-), You can either have it
repaired by Lifereef or do it yourself, you get free money and a
sump.
:-)
That was a brand new sump. Just look at the etched numbers on the
Side of it.

I will get you the money even if I have to pay you myself. I am working with you not against you. I gain nothing in this if it goes sour. That was why I always left the refund of your money on the table. I do have a good reputation because I don't shaft people. I won't start now.
Kasei
First he says he will cover any extra cost in shipping.
Then he says if they don't take the sump he will refund the money so it can be fixed or he can fix it himself and keep the "Free Money"
Then he says"he will get him the money even if he has to pay it himself.
Reefmonster He said himself it was a new sump, even if it was slightly used it was insured for the value not what the person paid for it and Fedex agreed to pay the claim, If I buy a priceless painting for $5 at a garage sale and insure it for a million dollars do you think I would only expect to get back what I paid for it?
He owes Azonic the money
Old 08/06/2003, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

This jury rules in favor of Azonic in the amount of $200.
Old 08/06/2003, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

Just wanted to add to what others have already said, I had a great experience buying from Pseudo, saved $400 on something I really wanted, and he always gave me the option to back out any time I wanted. I think if this was handled in a civil manner, everything would have worked out to everyones benefit. Just want to reiterate that Pseudo was very honest and negotiable when I dealt with him.
Old 08/06/2003, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Sent you a pm for your lifereef stuff. I am interested in both