Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2008, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

I would prefer 2
Old 01/08/2008, 11:59 AM
Mushroom King

OK, here is the waiting list for the babies. You are listed in order from when you contacted me, either through this thread or pm. So far 14 babies have been claimed. (Now I feel like a foster parent. )

my best friend (1)
dvlax40 (1)
snoppy (2)
racecaraz (2)
BonesCJ (2)
EvilE (1)
Chetm2 (2)
Jeffkirk (2)
drgnthug (1)
JMCAquarium (1)
Getting my other one from somone else in hopes of a pair that are not of the same blood lines
Thanks Wendy
OOH!!! I have a new picture of my baby I post shortly it has grown two new heads!!!!! and it's not even full grown yet

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

"Ya I shot ya....What you gonna do about it ??" Cupid
Old 01/08/2008, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

i would like 2, but my 70 gallon wont be up for a couple weeks, so yeah ill stay at one
Old 01/08/2008, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dvlax40
i would like 2, but my 70 gallon wont be up for a couple weeks, so yeah ill stay at one
I can put you down for 2, your tank is certainly large enough and I would imagine it would be cycled by the time you are able to bring them home. Just a thought.....
Old 01/08/2008, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

JC, so happy your zoas are doing so well, that's exciting!

And yes, this is the "official" updated list:

my best friend (1)
dvlax40 (1)
snoppy (2)
racecaraz (2)
BonesCJ (2)
EvilE (1)
Chetm2 (2)
Jeffkirk (2)
drgnthug (1)
JMCAquarium (1)

Total: 15
Old 01/08/2008, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

azhorsegal...I hope I didnt offend you (or anyone else for that matter) when I said what Bengaiis were selling for in HK. $12 is indeed a very good and fair price for your tank raised babies. I meant it to be informative and more of a Wow...factor and not "youre charging too much." I think it is awesome that you were willing and able to rear these cute fish. If I had any room in my tank, I would definitely be on the list. Congrats again

-JP
Old 01/08/2008, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by azhorsegal
JC, so happy your zoas are doing so well, that's exciting!

And yes, this is the "official" updated list:

my best friend (1)
dvlax40 (1)
snoppy (2)
racecaraz (2)
BonesCJ (2)
EvilE (1)
Chetm2 (2)
Jeffkirk (2)
drgnthug (1)
JMCAquarium (1)

Total: 15
i would lik eto get on the list i have one thats preety big but it seems so lonely in the tank so i would like to get him a friend.
Old 01/09/2008, 01:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DjScibbity
azhorsegal...I hope I didnt offend you (or anyone else for that matter) when I said what Bengaiis were selling for in HK. $12 is indeed a very good and fair price for your tank raised babies. I meant it to be informative and more of a Wow...factor and not "youre charging too much." I think it is awesome that you were willing and able to rear these cute fish. If I had any room in my tank, I would definitely be on the list. Congrats again

-JP
No worries, I wasn't offended at all, just voicing my concern for the Bangaii Cardinals. You do have a point though, we do get ripped for a LOT of things here in the US that you can find much cheaper elsewhere.
Old 01/09/2008, 01:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nate487
i would lik eto get on the list i have one thats preety big but it seems so lonely in the tank so i would like to get him a friend.
You are on the list........

my best friend (1)
dvlax40 (1)
snoppy (2)
racecaraz (2)
BonesCJ (2)
EvilE (1)
Chetm2 (2)
Jeffkirk (2)
drgnthug (1)
JMCAquarium (1)
nate487 (1)

Total: 16

Just a little food for thought for those who want a pair. I talked with Frank Marini about possible inbreeding problems. He feels it's not completely clear if there would be big problems. He said he was not saying selling brother/sister pairs are good or bad. Inbreeding is real, but its unclear the effects of inbreeding on juvenile fish. In his experience it's <1%, but the chance is still there. So with that said you decided what you want to do.

Also, it will also be the roll of the dice if you get a true pair as I'm learning the Bangaii Cardinals are not sexually mature until 1 year of age (give or take a month). I'm not trying to discourage any of you because I really do need to find homes for all the fish, but I want you to be well informed.
Old 01/09/2008, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

I was a little off on the sexual maturity part, it's about 8-10 months, but it will still be after you take them home, so again it will be a gamble if you end up with a "pair".
Old 01/09/2008, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

When are you going to start selling them? I have some that are almost the same age. About a week behind yours. I will have 5 available. Maybe the people that want a pair can get one from me and one from you.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:03 PM
Mushroom King

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalobunch
When are you going to start selling them? I have some that are almost the same age. About a week behind yours. I will have 5 available. Maybe the people that want a pair can get one from me and one from you.
Me Me Me Me as you were the one I was going to buy from.
One from AZhorse and one from Mrs. Bunch

sounds like winning combo to me

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

"Ya I shot ya....What you gonna do about it ??" Cupid
Old 01/10/2008, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

that does sound like a good idea
Old 01/10/2008, 11:47 AM
Premium Member

I'm not trying to breed them, if it happens I'm sure I'd try to raise them. My daughter would insist on it. So what ever happens with mixing the gene pool is fine with me.
Old 01/10/2008, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

ok ok put me on the list for one as well....if enough.
Old 01/10/2008, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalobunch
That's ok with me but if someone on my list decides to change to just one they need to recopy the list and make the change, so I know what I'm looking at. Maybe you can start a different thread because I don't want both our "waiting lists" on this thread, it will be to confusing for me, so let's keep this about my brood but certainly if someone once the 2nd fish to be from you, that is ok with me.

As it stands this is the list I have so far:

my best friend (1)
dvlax40 (1)
snoppy (2)
racecaraz (2)
BonesCJ (2)
EvilE (1)
Chetm2 (2)
Jeffkirk (2)
drgnthug (1)
JMCAquarium (1)
nate487 (1)
hyrumbradshaw(1)

Total: 17

This list is now "closed" unless someone decides to drop to 1 fish. I have 19 in my tank but I noticed one little one is not eating, so I don't expect it to last much longer. Everyone else looks good and is eating well.

JeffKirk, I agree....if you are not trying to breed them there is no reason to be concerned. Like Frank said, it's like 1% of the offspring that might have problems.

Oh, and to answer the question of "when" will they be released......when they are large enough to compete with the fish in your tank. I'm thinking it will be about 2 months or so.
Old 01/11/2008, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

Sad news.....

I just pulled out two dead babies, and that is not including the one that is not eating, he's still alive, but I don't expect him to survive much longer. One of the babies I pulled out was one of my large ones, so I was a bit surprised. I just don't know what more I can do. I'm keeping the water in prime condition, feeding several times a day with vitamin fortified BBS and Cyclopeez. Hopefully I won't have to many more die on me.
Old 01/11/2008, 09:16 PM
][D][][V][][D

Unhappy Re: Sad news.....

Quote:
Originally posted by azhorsegal
I just pulled out two dead babies, and that is not including the one that is not eating, he's still alive, but I don't expect him to survive much longer. One of the babies I pulled out was one of my large ones, so I was a bit surprised. I just don't know what more I can do. I'm keeping the water in prime condition, feeding several times a day with vitamin fortified BBS and Cyclopeez. Hopefully I won't have to many more die on me.