Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > El Paso Marine Aquarium Society (ELPMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/01/2008, 09:47 PM
Registered Member

some of the stuff i have been collecting for my sump, which i am at such a lose with i dont know if i am coming or going. the cc company refounded me while i was out of town. today "right now" acylicman has contacted me and said its shipping or shipped. i dont know what to do. like to thanks bpatrol offering to sale me his old sump at a nice price, which he is changing out for his nice new diy sump he made. being at a lose i dont think i can take it. need to clear my head on this, so much confusion.

Old 01/01/2008, 10:28 PM
King of the Tank!

It took me two months to get mine from him. I already had a smaller one so just waited. Since you have the money back from the cc then make him an offer of like 75% of his quoted price after it arrives. Funny he would ship it unless he doesn’t know they refunded the money. Hope it works out for you!!

Jay
Old 01/02/2008, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

ya, not sure is the cc refounded me directly or pulled from his account. i think they pull and might have left him with negitve balance or something. if i get it i will call my cc for repayment but only have what you said jay. so till then i am pulling hair out. i just want to see the acylic one mostly so i can build one later. will never buy a sump again. all my other ones were all DIY.
Old 01/02/2008, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

got another email from steve, rechecking the messurments for the mangrove planter. not sure if he knows i got refounded from cc.

got another email as well to insure that the tracking number i was given should work.

my problem isnt as much on how long its taking but the lieing. i was told it was done a while back. i would like to see this sump in working order.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:12 PM
Registered Member

well i give up! been working on doors and some trim on the stand but i cant take it no more. i needed to know how the 40 breeder was going to fit under my stand.

a basic sketch i was working with at this more, comments welcomed. i order the glass from backer, will have it tomorrow.
i order one piece of glass smoked to help block the light from the skimmer.

Old 01/10/2008, 11:08 PM
Registered Member

will get a little more innteresting in the next image setting up the under/over baffle. not sure i will get to it tonight!

Old 01/10/2008, 11:29 PM
King of the Tank!

Looks like a nice clean install John. I’m guessing the deal with Steve went south? That is a shame he is not more responsible after the sale. Should be able to have it up and running by the meeting, correct?

Jay
Old 01/11/2008, 02:34 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

WOW love the way it is coming out!!!! very clean just as jay has mentioned. I believe i mentioned the one i wanted to purchase from ebay the is already pre-cut, and just needs to be assembled but after your bad death i think i will just go ahead and DIY........ not too sure yet. Other than that love the way it is coming out. great job!!!

I was gonna ask where did you get that light fixture that i do believe you will be using for the fuge light....??? Alos love how your fuge is seperated in the section for the mangroves!! gonna be a great sump!!!!
Old 01/11/2008, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

jmait769, i'm done with him. i think he was just messing with me now. far as i know i have my money, reported him and he still wants to ship fine i waited and nothing still. never know i may still get it. let you know what i do when it comes down to that.

underWoasisjake, i got the glass from baker glass, precut. the tank was like 80 or something and the glass from baker was 70. that was for 5 pre cut sheet of glass 2 x 1/4 inch and 3 x 3/16 and one was smoked to block light from the sump section. to pormote more sponge and worm growth and stop coralin from growing in the skimmer. the glue or silicon is from hd, GE type I for windows and door. do not use type II.

i will have the sump done this weekend. i jsut reglued the glass i have placed in and just waiting to test them so i can install the last to peices or glass. the tricky ones.

this sump is overkill, 30 breader would have been a little cheeper. when i go 120 i will be set.

Last edited by killingseed; 01/11/2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01/11/2008, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

got me but bigger is better :>~

better pic of the smoked glass , plus what i used to space the bubble trap, and the height of the middel trap so water goes under. about 1.5 inches