Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2008, 07:53 PM
Premium Member

PA System for Swap

Anyone in MTRC with a PA system we can use at the swap?
Old 01/08/2008, 08:09 PM
Beer King

Hey Jack I checked with the guy I was telling you about & hes doing a wedding that weekend so I wont be able to get his. Sorry.
Old 01/08/2008, 10:13 PM
New Aquatronica Fan

I can very easily run it if we can just get one. So if it makes it any cheaper, anyway... all of my sound connections are in East TN (except for concerts... but we don't need a full-out d&b Audio Technik line array for this... [d&b Q Series are my personal favorite systems ]).

Brandon
Old 01/08/2008, 10:53 PM
Registered Member

We might be able to rent one...I bought my company's PA system at Nashville Party Authority. This guy runs the business out of his house and has an equipment room. I *think* he rents systems as well. They're in the phone book.

Just a thought...

Saving for the wedding takes precedence over the 90g. Got my 29g going for now.
Old 01/08/2008, 11:09 PM
Premium Member

Jack, I'll check tomorrow and see if I can borrow the one from church. It is only a little PA speaker and mike, no control board or nothing fancy, but it is portable. I'll post tomorrow if I can get it.

Norman
Old 01/09/2008, 07:19 AM
Premium Member

If things don't work out with Norman -- we'll go ahead and rent (or buy) depending on the price.

Norman, I think a small one would do just fine
Old 01/09/2008, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

I can get one from my church if I don't have to leave for bolivia. I'll know in a day or so.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:05 AM
Premium Member

That would be awesome!
Old 01/09/2008, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

I have a microphone and a guitar amp...which I think would work if you only need it to do announcements.

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.” -Theodore Geisel
Old 01/09/2008, 09:50 AM
Premium Member

Yeah, it is just for announcements -- so that would probably work just fine. We need it on Friday night and Saturday (Friday so we can set up and test it).
Old 01/09/2008, 10:54 AM
#-_#-_ B _-#_-#

I'll double check that the amp idea works when I get home.

"I want to be like captain kirk
get up every day and love to go to work
don't want to be like mr. spock
want to kick out the jams and rock the block"

-Bob Schneider
Old 01/09/2008, 11:44 AM
New Aquatronica Fan

It'll work if the mic has 1/4" cable attached to it. If it doesn't, I could make a cable for it. So one way or another, it'll work...

Brandon
Old 01/09/2008, 12:45 PM
Premium Member

I think that guitar amp idea will work better than the one I have. I can bring it if needed, but not very powerful.

Norman
Old 01/10/2008, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Does the club want to borrow my sound system? I found out today that I will not have to go to Bolivia till may. This means I can be there to help in any way needed as well as provide the sound system with wired and or wireless mics.

Old 01/10/2008, 10:27 PM
Premium Member

I think we've got it covered, Roy. Norman and DMBillies are each bringing one. Granted, not as nice as that setup you've got. If you want to bring it in your car as an insurance policy, that would be great. The setup looks mighty sweet!