Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2008, 11:10 PM
Mushroom King

Quote:
Originally posted by Che's DW
Sorry again to be the late straggler in picking up the stuff. Thanks again, and we appreciate all the work you put into this.

Eva
Not a problem you werent as late as you think the others had just left a few mins prior.

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

"Ya I shot ya....What you gonna do about it ??" Cupid
Old 01/09/2008, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JMCAquarium
Thanks to all, geat pick up Jasonh you were a great help couldnt have done it with out you!!! Thanks
JMC
Hey no problem man. I was more than happy to help out. Besides, it was a good chance to work on my livestock bagging skills

I've only had a couple snails and hermits bite the dust, other than that everything looks great. Gotta say I'm pretty happy with the order so far.

Got my zoas, ric, and gorg all mounted to some small rubble pieces, put up some spiffy new frag trays (will have to post those). We'll see what that stuff looks like tonight...my wife will probably call me bragging today that she knows what colors we got, lol.
Old 01/09/2008, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Oh and I've got to add, thanks a bunch Jonathan for organizing this. I know it must have been a major PITA, but I think it was well worth it
Old 01/09/2008, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jasonh
Hey no problem man. I was more than happy to help out. Besides, it was a good chance to work on my livestock bagging skills

I've only had a couple snails and hermits bite the dust, other than that everything looks great. Gotta say I'm pretty happy with the order so far.

Got my zoas, ric, and gorg all mounted to some small rubble pieces, put up some spiffy new frag trays (will have to post those). We'll see what that stuff looks like tonight...my wife will probably call me bragging today that she knows what colors we got, lol.
Were they the Turbo's?

I did not add much, but the only ones that did not make it were the Turbos (4 of them) ....everything else was fine....

I already had a hermit investigating a new home.
Old 01/09/2008, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, I think the only snails to die were the turbos. Only a couple though. I think the only crabs to die were blue legs, but again, only a couple.
Old 01/09/2008, 01:04 PM
Mushroom King

Quote:
Originally posted by jasonh
Yeah, I think the only snails to die were the turbos. Only a couple though. I think the only crabs to die were blue legs, but again, only a couple.

My deaths were all Turbos too. Must of just been a bad group of them. All is is alive and well and this was an awesome buy. I would do it again.

Thanks all

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

Old 01/09/2008, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

Jonathan, please give Dylan our thanks. I'm pretty impressed with everything he sent and it's awesome how accommodating he was for us. I still can't believe how big those nerites are. Holy cow.

And those sand sifting crabs...WAY COOL. Creepy looking swimming around the tank, but cool

Hopefully I can con my wife into taking some pics today while I'm at work.
Old 01/09/2008, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

Jonathan,

Did you hear back from them regarding the Pep Shrimp?
Old 01/09/2008, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JMCAquarium
My deaths were all Turbos too. Must of just been a bad group of them. All is is alive and well and this was an awesome buy. I would do it again.

Thanks all

Well the good news is..now I have shells for the hermits to move into.

Quick question...do the Nerites ever bury themselves in the sand?

I put one in my fuge, and it left a path of destruction to the algea on the side.

However...as of this morning it has gone AWOL already. If they don't bury themselves I think he has already gone over the wall into the sump......(I know they are tidal and will climb the side of a tank, just not sure if they will also bury themselves at times)
Old 01/09/2008, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

I don't think they usually bury themselves, but not sure.

I posted a new thread for the GB follow up. It'd be nice if everyone could post about their experience, so people that didn't participate will have a chance to see how it was.
Old 01/09/2008, 03:39 PM
Mushroom King

ATTENTION !!!

Everyone that had
DOA:
MISSING:
2nd DAY DEATHS:

(Even if you have already told me, keep it simple but detailed. )

Please list here I'm not sure if Dylan will cover 2nd day deaths or not I have writen him and waiting for him to respond. He has already refunded everything I was told about right away without questions I will do a finnal list when I get home tonight and post for everyone to see.
For the stuff that was DOA he refunded the money so if we want Peps we have to order agian or hit up that reeftopia buy that's rolling right now. (was told by Jason R that Petco has peps for $5.49 right now if interrested in that)
All Turbo's were DOA mine aern't moving either I tossed them all in one corner and they haven't moved since and my Super Tonga's are eating them so that is a good sign that they died.
Place everything here tonight for anyone that does not post I will try calling.

Old 01/09/2008, 03:45 PM
Mushroom King

Attention #2

Please, tell me how the order came to you guys?

Also how JasonH and I did do trying to get it together?

What could I have tried to make it better??

Please be honest as It will improve my GB ordering skillz.
Thanks

Old 01/09/2008, 03:51 PM
I read your email

most of my turbo's were dead too. I will count them when I get home.

"Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order." --Ed Howdershelt
Old 01/09/2008, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

my DOA's are the 2 queen conchs...havent moved a bit since I placed them in the tank after acclimation. Lost a few limpets but only because the pep's decided they were food...so no worries about them.
Other than that all is good.
Old 01/09/2008, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

I think shipping was the biggest issue. Could contribute to the higher DOA rate plus also the late arrival making pickup bad for some of us..

overall it was a good experience with the ordering, pickup, and payment.
Old 01/09/2008, 09:14 PM
HELP SLOW

oops.....wrong thread.

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE

they paved paradise and put up a parking lot.