Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/08/2008, 12:01 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by emerald chondro
well first Semi thats only bowl games..regular seaosn we're up on you 7-2 or something like that

But I thought bowl games was the only thing that mattered when comparing the true strengths of conferences?

And who what SEC teams did Ohio State play anyways? Like Vanderbilt?

See what happens to Ohio State when they play REAL SEC teams? 14-41, 24-38,....etc

awww man, this is just too funny.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/08/2008, 12:02 AM
But what do I know?

SEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SEC

"By the way Brian, nice colon." ~ Orchids
Old 01/08/2008, 12:03 AM
living life 2 the fullest

Quote:
Originally posted by jgoodrich71
SEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SEC

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

Uga is getting into the title game;

Lsu's won't be as potent without Dorsey and alot of their offense leaving

Florida's getting better but the way uga's fired up i dont see them beating the dawgs

Auburns rebuilding

arkansas loses D-mac

Kentucky loses Woodeson

South Carolina could be tricky

Besides Florida (and maybe Lsu) i'm not seeing a big team emerge to beat them

Oklahhomas gonna be strong, West V may get White and LSaton
back in a cupcake Big 12, Michigans gonna start runnin the spread, Usc all fired up but we'll see if my Bucks can get that out..

Next years gonna be a sick year if alot of people stay...

and semi jsut tell me did or did not Michigan beat your beloved gators
Old 01/08/2008, 12:04 AM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Cavalcade of Whimsy - The Overrated SEC
By Pete Fiutak
CollegeFootballNews.com
Posted Sep 25, 2007

Fiu's Cavalcade of Whimsy

a.k.a. Frank Costanza's Festivus Airing of the Grievances

If this column sucks, it’s not my fault … Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy thinks my column is garbage. It makes him want to puke.

“Well, I didn’t know you wanted to get involved with the discussion, Mr. Helper.” … Watch the Gundy all-timer of a press conference meltdown regarding an article in The Oklahoman about QB Bobby Reid, then try to find the classic Sam Kinison blowup on Thornton Mellon in Back to School. Tell me the Gundy and Kinison don’t sound exactly alike in voice, tone, and inflection.

Me thinks a $165 million gift changes things up a wee bit … Lost in Gundy’s rant was an interesting thought about the line between the media's role in covering college players and, in his words, attacking an amateur athlete. Yeah, these kids are on scholarship, but they’re also pawns in a billion-dollar industry. Their actions and play affect millions upon millions of dollars for the school, not to mention the budgets of the athletic departments. Sorry, but criticism comes with the gig at the D-I level, and that pressure is often part of the reason why players choose to go to the schools they do. The media should be able to attack, critique, and overanalyze the on-field play of anyone at any time, and if a player doesn’t like it, he can go play at the lower levels where the stakes aren’t as high. However, it can’t ever be a personal attack or mean-spirited, and at the collegiate level, the line has to be drawn when it comes to questioning toughness or an injury. These guys still have to go to class, and they don't always have the world-class trainers the pros do to speed up the healing process. It's not right to demand that they play through a serious injury like the NFLers do. As far as "attacking," if the overall pie-in-the-sky goal of collegiate athletics is to create better people for the real world, then saying a quarterback sucks is a soft wet kiss behind the ear compared to what he’s going to face when his college days are over.

In an attempt to surpass the record number of frighteningly angry e-mails received, recently set by the “passionate” college wrestling crowd … As of right now, with the caveat that I'll likely change my tune as the season goes on and as teams start to jell, today, Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, marks day one of the rest of my life. From this day forward, I will try to be brave enough, and strong enough, to stop blindly kissing the SEC's butt.

For years, everyone’s been afraid to poke the bear with a stick (as opposed to the legend of The Bear poking Nick Saban), knowing that anything short of continuous genuflecting at the altar of the almighty SEC will bring nothing but great vengeance and furious anger from the most passionate fans in college football.

Yes, with Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, and Mississippi State not being that bad, from top to bottom, the SEC is the best conference going right now (please note what I just wrote when your bile starts to build), but it’s time to start taking a really hard look at the league this year, and it's time to stop assuming it’s the dominant force everyone thinks it is.

You’re 100%, rock-solid, bet-the-house certain that LSU is one of the two best teams in the country right now. It's been driven into your head so much, it's now become an unquestioned fact. The defense has been so dominant, ranking first in the nation in almost all categories, and seventh in pass defense, that no one can do anything against it, right? Yeah, and last year's Ohio State offense couldn't be shut down. Take a look at the offenses LSU has faced so far: Mississippi State (102nd in the nation), Virginia Tech (107th), Middle Tennessee (108th), and South Carolina (79th). It won't get much harder once the meat of the season kicks in. Right now, half the SEC offenses are ranked 74th or lower, none are in the top ten, and only Florida, Kentucky, and Arkansas are in the top 25. I'm not saying LSU isn't fantastic, or that the D stinks. I'm merely saying that there might be more to the story.

You’re 100%, rock-solid, sell-the-house certain that Florida has simply reloaded, and it automatically belongs among the national title contenders, right? (Actually, I do believe this, but more on that later.) Western Kentucky is barely D-I, Troy is dead last in America in run defense, Tennessee has a great brand name, but isn’t Tennessee right now, and Ole Miss is 107th in the nation in defense. You're basing everything on one dominant performance against an average Vols team.

There's no question about it, LSU and Florida are good, but I want to see more. Unfortunately, I won’t, because now the SECers basically play each other, and everyone likes to pump up SEC teams based on what they do in conference play. You have to remember that just because one or two teams are top-shelf dominant, that doesn’t mean the entire conference is great. Did you rank the Pac 10 as one of the best conferences over the last few years because of USC? No, so why are you doing it now?

Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Vanderbilt aren’t awful like the true bottom feeders in other leagues, but they’re at a lower level compared to the rest of the league (even after MSU's win over Auburn). South Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Arkansas, and Georgia are all at a similar level of average, with a few differences here and there.

Arkansas can't throw more than three feet down the field with any sort of accuracy (but to be fair, it's missing top WR Marcus Monk), Auburn is woefully short on playmakers and on the offensive line, Alabama can't find any sort of a pass rush no matter what the situation, Georgia is as flaky as they come thanks to a reloading young team, Kentucky can't stop the run, South Carolina's offense is more painful to watch than an Oprah/The View double-feature, and Tennessee has apparently decided to not play defense this year. I'm not saying the programs stink, and I'm not saying these teams won't be really good at the end of the year, or dominant next year. I'm talking about right now, and if you're watching the entire college landscape, then you can't objectively look at the mid-level SEC teams and say they're anything remotely special.

And then there are the big non-conference games to compare and contrast. In the big ones, Tennessee lost to Cal, Auburn lost to South Florida, and barely beat Kansas State, LSU dominated a Virginia Tech team that’s still playing like the weight of an entire region is on its shoulders, and Kentucky beat a Louisville team that couldn’t stop you and ten girl scouts from putting up 500 yards and 43 points. That’s it.

The best non-conference wins for the other nine teams: Alabama (Western Carolina 52-6), Arkansas (Troy 46-26), Florida (Troy 59-31), Georgia (Oklahoma State 35-14 … this was good, even with the Cowboys’ loss at Troy), Ole Miss (Memphis 23-21), Mississippi State (Tulane 38-17), South Carolina (UL Lafayette 28-14), Tennessee (Southern Miss 39-19), Vanderbilt (Richmond 41-17). Oooh, a bunch of real BCS killers in that bunch.

Basically, I'm asking the world to actually watch the SEC games like it would games from any other league. I will now curl up into a corner with a warm glass of milk, a copy of I'm OK, You're OK, and rest up for the onslaught that's about to come my way.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:04 AM
Registered Member

two things i learned from this game:

a. Boeckman is horrible. If he starts next year I'm not gonna buy student tickets.

b. Beanie solidified his spot on the Heisman watch list for next season.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:05 AM

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:06 AM
The Incredible Mr. Limpet

Quote:
Originally posted by emerald chondro
manhandled? no if we dont blow that punt then the second half completely changes... we got beat but its not like last year..resize it and ill put it up im going to bed ill get it tomorrow

The key word is IF...Blowout...Scordboard.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:07 AM
Here comes the Gators

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

did you hear LSU chanting "SEC SEC SEC!" How great is that and its true. Don't get so cocky Rug, FLA is gonna be pretty nasty next year too.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/08/2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Sh0tgun
two things i learned from this game:

a. Boeckman is horrible. If he starts next year I'm not gonna buy student tickets.

b. Beanie solidified his spot on the Heisman watch list for next season.
You have to buy tickets to watch them? How sad is that.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:11 AM

I would not be surprised if Moreno has a run at the heisman.

Big Ten is a joke.

SEC is the real deal.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:12 AM
Here comes the Gators

Look at my signiture...I was right all year long...

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!

Last edited by 55semireef; 01/08/2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01/08/2008, 12:17 AM
Registered Member

what's a GATO?
Old 01/08/2008, 12:19 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
what's a GATO?
You tell me. . Is it some code play Ohio State devised up to finally beat a SEC team in a bowl game?

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/08/2008, 12:21 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by bluerug
I would not be surprised if Moreno has a run at the heisman.
...or Tim Tebow winning it again. Percy Harvin has a better shot than Moreno.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/08/2008, 12:24 AM
Registered Member

^%&*$&*$^&#^%&^&(^&(^&%*%^*%*)&)%$$*(*&
Old 01/08/2008, 01:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
You tell me. . Is it some code play Ohio State devised up to finally beat a SEC team in a bowl game?
If it is it didn't work.
Old 01/08/2008, 01:34 AM
Registered Member

And you thought Tedro's outfit was bad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/photo;...cs_&prov=getty

Old 01/08/2008, 01:50 AM
Here comes the Gators

I use to hate Ted Ginn Jr. but now I really can't. He's at the Miami dolphins and thats my favorite NFL team win or lose. So I guess I like him but he nees to start being more effective...kinda like Devin Hester.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/08/2008, 01:51 AM
Here comes the Gators

SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SECSEC SEC SEC SEC

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/08/2008, 02:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
I use to hate Ted Ginn Jr. but now I really can't. He's at the Miami dolphins and thats my favorite NFL team win or lose. So I guess I like him but he nees to start being more effective...kinda like Devin Hester.
Being a Browns fan, I know how you feel. But I think this is the year we finally turned it around.

You guys shoulda taken Quinn instead of Ginn. But once you guys do get a QB, I think Ginn should start being more productive.
Old 01/08/2008, 06:31 AM
Registered Member

Ginns fast twice he would've won games if you guys hadn't held on the returns, once Miami has a line and John beck has time to look down field then you'll see alot more out of Teddy.

Quinn's overrated Troy's better
Old 01/08/2008, 07:07 AM

Quote:
And you thought Tedro's outfit was bad.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/photo;...cs_&prov=getty

Gotta get me one of them
Old 01/08/2008, 07:38 AM

OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED SEC OVERRATED, OVERHYPED, OVERDONE!!!
Old 01/08/2008, 08:27 AM
But what do I know?

Grim, maybe if your conference was a little tougher to get through you could make that claim, but when you can't make it through the Pansy-10 without getting beat, you don't deserve a chance to play for the title.

"By the way Brian, nice colon." ~ Orchids