Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/07/2008, 05:19 PM
Enjoying Life

Looking to add some spice (as in fish) to my tank...

The tank has been running since mid-december, and was an upgrade. I lost 2 things when I went away for a week and left it with a friend, and now I am looking to stock it back up.

Here is the tank info:
>>>>90g Oceanic w/built in megaflow>>>>1 250W PFO Aqualight Mini-Pendant (soon to be a dual 400W fixture)>>>>Euro-Reef RS80 (comparitively rated for a scarsely stocked 270g)>>>>Marineland Hang-On-Back Canister filter I am using as a carbon reactor>>>>1 350W Titanium Heater>>>>2 Returns, one Mag 7, and the other an unknown that puts out around 600gph>>>>96W Coralife PC Strip>>>>AGA 26W HO freshwater light with what looks like a 10K bulb>>>>MJ1200 w/Sureflow kit (1600gph), another MJ1200

Stocking:
>1. 3" Half-Black Mimic Tang
>2. Bunch of acros
>3. 2 gorgs
>4. RBTA
>5. 2 open brains
>6. Frogspaun
>7. Zoas and some Zenia

What I was thinking about and wanted to get the advice in...
What out of these would I be able to add?:
>1. Powder Brown Tang
>2. Hippo Tang
>3. Some kind of fairy wrasse (mystery probably)
>4. A pair of either O.clowns or Picasso Percs.

What do you guys think?
Old 01/07/2008, 05:25 PM
Moved On

well the hippo will outgrow the 90 so i'd suggest against that. Powder brown would be ok. along with a fairy wrasse, and clowns tend to stay in one spot so that should be good too! If you ever decide to add more wrasses though you might not want to start with a mystery. if he gets established he more than likely wont accept other wrasses.
Old 01/07/2008, 05:36 PM
Team RC Member

I'd vote for a couple of Carpenter's Flasher Wrasses.b

"Make haste slowly." ---Augustus.

"If anything CAN go wrong, it will, and at the worst possible moment."---St. Murphy.
Old 01/07/2008, 05:37 PM
Enjoying Life

Thanks.

I really am trying to go with some nice show fish, and the exotics. So the mystery will probably be the only one. The one thing that I was just thinking of, was the possibility of me trying to get a purple tang....
Old 01/07/2008, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

I would do the purple over the PB in a 90. Both fish can be pretty aggressive though and not much room for error. I would do the wrasse, some clowns and maybe one of the smaller rabbitfish (some pretty cool and not so common ones).
Old 01/07/2008, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sk8r
I'd vote for a couple of Carpenter's Flasher Wrasses.b
Good luck finding any females. Most sources only carry the males, it seems (apparently it makes too much sense to have a harem).