Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/01/2008, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

well i managed to get some more work done on the stand today. all i have leftto do is attach the three top supports tommorow morning then cut and attac the top. im not in a rush to get the front done as i have all the plumbing and wiring to set-up still tank should be wet within the week ( asumin my bulkheads arrive one day )

pic :

sorry there all such minor updates. but work and xmas and new year have taken up a lot of time. and im off to hospital to have my tonsils out on 9th jan. so dnt want to spend all my money. as i only get crappy sick pay !
Old 01/04/2008, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

well another little update. stand is preety much done. took a fair while to get the crossbeams at the top dead level all round. but thats done now. just got to screw in the last two supports and then put a centre support under the lot and im done ( the top is cut.. just needs screwing in ( i ran out of screws :P ) then when the sump is done and all the plumbing im giong to put a centre upright at the front in as well

pics :

i also re-designed the sump and i used 4mm glass this time. there are three sections. fuge on the right. return in the middle. and the skimmer area on the left

ad
Old 01/05/2008, 08:18 AM
Registered Member

well things are comming along slowly but nicley the top is cut. were just fitting it now . just having to plane it a bit as the walls in the old house are all wonky.. then we can screw it down and drill holes for return pipes and drains etc. then all we have to do is put the small side pannel on. and the front .. which will be 2 parts. 1 main piece that will be magneted on ( removable for access ) and a small 8" pannel accross the top for controles to be mounted ( temp controle... and eventually a computer )

ad
Old 01/05/2008, 08:35 AM
Registered Member

and finally its done. ( well the top anyways ) . not sure wether to have the tank dead centre... or off to the left ( as shown ) so i have 2 good viewing sides ? what you think ?

ad