Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Used Equipment & Drygoods Selling
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/04/2008, 04:28 PM
Generic Member

FS: 2 EcoTech Vortech MP40-W pumps used 1 day

As in the title, I have two EcoTech Vortech pumps for sale. These are the new MP40-W with the wireless drivers. They were used less than 1 day. These go for $420. Price is $375 FIRM each shipped in the 48 continental US.

Thanks for looking.
Old 01/04/2008, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

Why are you getting rid of them?
Old 01/04/2008, 09:21 PM
Generic Member

All PM's replied to.

Still available. These pumps have fantastic flow!
Old 01/04/2008, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

CAN YOU TELL US WHY YOU ARE GETTING RID OF THEM?

Thank You
Old 01/04/2008, 11:18 PM
Generic Member

YES I CAN!

I'll be honest, and have been in several PM's. They are not quiet enough for my tastes. I run a nearly silent system. The sump is is the basement. There is no pump noise at all. I am very sensitive to noises. This is typically not the case with most people. They dont have a silent system, or dont mind a little noise. There are many very happy Vortech users who dont notice the sound at all.

To be clear, there is nothing at all wrong with these pumps. They have the same level of sound as any other Vortech pump. It is just the way they are. The motor is on the outside of the tank and you hear a small buzzing of an electric motor. If you buy them from me, or someone else, that is the way they are. Mine just cost less than "new". These pumps have barely been wet.

On the positive side, also being honest, the flow is absolutely unbelievable! I have a set of Tunze 6100's and the Vortechs put them to shame. The Tunzes which are said to be "dead silent" are even on the loud side for my tastes. The wireless controller is also very cool. The anti-sync mode and the random lagoon and reef crest modes are nice. Performance wise, I like them better than Tunze.

To be sure there was nothing wrong, I sent them back to EcoTech to have them checked out. They found nothing wrong and said they were actually quieter than most. Since they found no problem, they sent me a brand new set anyway (great service!). These ones sound the same as the first two. Again, its just the way a Vortech is.
That is the deal.
Old 01/05/2008, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

Ok well while you are being HONEST....Can you tell me, since you have some experience with them, how many do I need in a 40 gallon cube? It seems like they rattle/make noise up high, so would it be better to have two of them and not use the high setting? I just recently bought one from a reefer on here for about the same price. I only got to use it in a trash can because my tank is not up yet. I am really interested in getting another one, just not sure I need it?!?!?

Thanks Brian
Old 01/05/2008, 09:28 AM
Generic Member

In a small tank, you could use two of them to get alternating, random flow, or wavemaking on pulse mode but you would have them turned way down. For just raw turnover, even one is really overkill for a 40G. I cant see them being run anywhere near 100% in a 40G with a single or two pumps. They would always be run at much less than 100% unless you want some insane flow. Its a matter of type of flow one Vs two pumps, not the amount. You will have all you need either way.
Old 01/05/2008, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

I will take one pm me your paypal information. Thanks
Old 01/05/2008, 12:25 PM
Premium Member

I will take the other. Please PM me your paypal information.
Old 01/05/2008, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Payment sent
Old 01/05/2008, 12:38 PM
Generic Member

Pumps are sold. Sorry, anothermineral. There were two that were before you. They will ship on Monday. I'll send tracking info when they ship. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone!