Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/04/2008, 07:43 PM
Registered Member

New avator can anyone help?

After 100 posts I believe you can choose another avator that isn't the ones we had to originally choose from. Can anyone explain to me in as simple as possible directions,(man am I stupid when it comes to following directions with these laptops) how to post one from one of those free avators sites on here.I sure would appreciate the help!! My son says he can do it for me in two seconds,but waiting for a teens two seconds can be months lol! Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Old 01/04/2008, 08:07 PM
Premium Member

First make sure the avatar is not to large,then right click on the picture and go to properties and copy the url link.then go to edit options in myrc,choose change avatar,then paste the url link where it tells you to. thats it.
Old 01/04/2008, 08:13 PM
Premium Member

Oh yeah to check the size of the avatar you right click and go to properties also.
Old 01/04/2008, 09:32 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Jim that sounds easy,with my computer skills I have a new one up in a couple of weeks lol!!
Old 01/04/2008, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

Do you have an avatar in mind already?
Old 01/04/2008, 11:08 PM
Registered Member

I had one I liked a while back that I thought I had bookmarked but I guess I didn't even do that right. My son new more about the computer when he was about 6 then I do now.I really wish I would have learned how to really use them years ago,shame on me!