Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiast's Association (C-SEA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/31/2007, 01:48 PM
Premium Member

Ha-ha-ha

I got a kick out of this, figured if I posted in the thread I would just get myself a deleted thread:

Check this thread out

Guy is selling PPE's for $2000 and is asking the buyer to pay shipping as well. HAHAHA, who sells a coral for 2k AND asks for shipping. Oh man, i teared up a lil bit i was laughing so hard.

Happy New year everyone! stay safe if you go out tonight!

Mike
Old 12/31/2007, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

wow only $2000 plus shipping!!!!!!!!!!!! what deal!
Old 12/31/2007, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

hes funny ,,,,,,,,,,, hey buddy, ill take all of your tank for say ....................62 thousand ,, ill pay shipping
Old 12/31/2007, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Hi,

I told him that if he finds a buyer I have a Yellow tang for sale for $875.00. Is this guy serious or out of his mind?

Dave
Old 12/31/2007, 04:48 PM
15 & Over Club

geeze o pete.
One extreme to the next.
I had someone PM me and want to give me $5 for a frag that I paid $45 for. And here on the other hand, this guy wants ----A GAZILLION DOLLARS!!!!! heh heh heh heh heh.

Hmmm I wonder what the zoos would cost without the solid gold frag mounting pegs? I was gonna ask but I didn't want overactive moderation syndrome to cause me to be excommunicated like Brian Jones.

Dave, that isn't the Yellow tang that can get the paper, flush the toilet after it goes and type that you were telling me about is it???
Old 12/31/2007, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

If you can find the PPE's they usually sell for around $50.00 per polyp from what I've seen in the past. Not saying I would ever pay that kind of money, then have to pay shipping, thats the kicker!
Old 12/31/2007, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

Just to let you guys know, I just paypal'd him the 2 grand....it will be the center piece for my 120
Old 12/31/2007, 05:06 PM
15 & Over Club

At 2K and if he separated they are not a bad deal, at 2000/80 polyps that is around $25 per polyp. I'd go as high as $35 for them with shipping.
Old 12/31/2007, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Thats not a bad price seeing they go for 50 to 100 for a single polyp. Someone could stand to make a ton of money on that rock. Its exactly a pretty sweet deal to the right person.
Erik

Did you really paypal him?
Old 12/31/2007, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

Hi,

This has got to be an early April fools joke right? If you really did pay $2k for some brown button polyps with a green rim I have some Kenya tree I can sell you for $750.00

Dave
Old 12/31/2007, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

I think your missing the boat on this one dave, Those are PPE which go for 50-100
If you've seen them in person you'd see that there really a stand out button polyp, imo not 100 dollars worth..maybe 25-50 but there demanding that top dollar price tag now.
If you had some kenya tree that went for that you'd be rich lol

If he really did buy it which I doubt, I'd buy a frag off ya.
Erik
Old 12/31/2007, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

Hi All,

No matter what you say it's just a nicely colored button polyp, nothing more. I can't believe that someone would pay that kind of money. If they can waste their money that way they should give it to a charity instead.

Dave
Old 12/31/2007, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

I have some PPE I'll frag out...
Old 12/31/2007, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Its not for one polyp though, its for 80 plus. at 50 a polyp thats 4000 or more the coral is worth.
IMO thats a money maker. With the swap coming up I could see someone selling 30-40 of them at 50 a polyp. make there money back plus have a nice show piece coral.
Old 12/31/2007, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

How fast do these guys propagate? Seems if they are going for such a high price one could make a good amount of money off them.

I would have to agree that the price for these corals is ridiculous. But, some people are apparently willing to fork out that kind of cash for them.
Old 12/31/2007, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

I believe there real slow grows. Pretty plus slow growing PLUS having the right fancy name equals top dollar
Old 12/31/2007, 06:58 PM
Premium Member

As crazy that this all sounds someone out there is going to pay the money for them. I wish I had some to make that kind of money to support this hobby!!!!!
Old 12/31/2007, 07:48 PM
clownfish fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kreeger1
I believe there real slow grows. Pretty plus slow growing PLUS having the right fancy name equals top dollar
that would be true if they were real PPE, he could have gotten that rock for 35 at a dumb LFS
Old 12/31/2007, 07:49 PM
Hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kreeger1

I bought mine with "lineage" for $30 a polyp. I've had them for a year and they have more than doubled, possibly tripled the amount.

If you pay more than $30 a polyp, you should look around more.

If I were to buy 80 polyps at a time, I would certainly not pay more than $15 a polyp. It's the same reason people shop at Costco, to buy in bulk at a better price.

If I can buy 10 for 300 or 80 for 2000, you know what I'm choosing. Besides, when I bought mine, I got A TON of extras with them. Most of the people that sell these are unreasonable.

I'm hoping that when I get enough for trades, I will do just that, trade them.
Old 12/31/2007, 08:04 PM
T5 Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by cowcio
I bought mine with "lineage" for $30 a polyp. I've had them for a year and they have more than doubled, possibly tripled the amount.

If you pay more than $30 a polyp, you should look around more.

If I were to buy 80 polyps at a time, I would certainly not pay more than $15 a polyp. It's the same reason people shop at Costco, to buy in bulk at a better price.

If I can buy 10 for 300 or 80 for 2000, you know what I'm choosing. Besides, when I bought mine, I got A TON of extras with them. Most of the people that sell these are unreasonable.

I'm hoping that when I get enough for trades, I will do just that, trade them.
Josh, Put me in line for the trades I like the look of them but there is no way I would ever part with $50 per polyp for any type of coral unless the one polyp is 6" diameter and beautiful coloration.
I have lots of different colors of zoas that I am hoping will grow out to fill my tanks .. not trying to grow them to get rich.

-- Kevin
Old 12/31/2007, 08:10 PM
Premium Member

As nutty as it would be to pay 2k for something you could grow out in a year for like someone said 300... I thought the best part was he wants you to pay the shipping charge, on top of that, i wonder what the box charge would be LMAO.