Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Cleveland Saltwater Enthusiast's Association (C-SEA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/28/2007, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Mushrooms

Hello All,
Quick question. I have a mushroom polyp that broke free from the rock that it was on a few weeks ago. Will it regenerate another foot and take hold somewhere? Or will it slowly die and foul up the tank? He is always in a different part of the tank and still has all his color but he is just usually on the sand. Thanks.
Old 12/28/2007, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

yeah it will reattach, just needs time. Put him in a spot you like and hold him down with some bridal veil or similar item. I have some in my tank that go for rides in the current. Good luck.
Old 12/28/2007, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, thats what I thought. He ends up going for rides also but sometimes I find him stuck to a pump intake or stuck under a rock.