Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/27/2007, 11:46 PM
One Good Friend

Mia, it pry is due to weight. I'd cut a few of the nw's off and it should work just fine after that. Or you can use fishing line.

iair, just let it run its course. Keep the foam line at the bottom of the skimmer neck. Should start in the next few days, but don't freak if it takes up to two weeks to become consistent.
Old 12/28/2007, 04:00 AM
Wonder Twins ACTIVATE!

what he said, mine took 2 weeks with no vinegar but ran like a champ thereafter. And as far as using the 75 as HOB I used it for a loooong time on my 20 with 5.5 sump with zero problems and very stinky skimate. Patience is definitely key lol. And keep the foam right where luke said. That was always the perfect spot for me.

For the 160 someone mentioned lengthening the neck. I don't think that was something luke tested but would love to see the results as I think it should help. Anytime you increase the reaction area you increase effectiveness.

My ER has a huge neck while my ASM G2 is all body at about 6.5" so it all varies.

Ever been 158mph on a bike with your wife riding with you? You could tear off the dented pieces of skin with her fingerprints on them.

It's not a bike if it's not over a liter
Old 12/28/2007, 05:26 AM
Registered Member

Thanks guys, I figured it would take at least a week to really get going.

I'll keep you guys updated with pics once it starts skimming
Old 12/28/2007, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Yep, two weeks for me without vinegar.
Old 12/29/2007, 10:00 PM
Wonder Twins ACTIVATE!

this is mainly for Luke but anyhow here is my new tank upgrade. JUST finished it. It's an oceanic 90 drilled with solid maple stand and canopy all of which I purchased at a local Petco for guess how much $385!!! The manager was walking by putting clearance stickers on things and placed it on this as my wife and I were passing. I thought to myself "i would be stupid NOT to buy it!" so I did. THEN to put the icing on the cake I came by a custom 30g sump WITH an ASM G2 for 225 out the door!

anyhow here is the pic

Oh and now my ER RS80 is for sale for $125 plus shipping. It's got a crack on the lower portion of the body stemming from the outlet tube which occured during it's shipping to me and does not affect performance at all. here is the pic. Oh and it has a sedra 3500

it'll take a couple days for it to clear up. Oh and in the moving process I broke the shaft on one of my koralias!

Whatever.

Ever been 158mph on a bike with your wife riding with you? You could tear off the dented pieces of skin with her fingerprints on them.

It's not a bike if it's not over a liter
Old 12/30/2007, 01:43 AM
One Good Friend

Looks nice man! Like the color and i'm sure it'll be clear in a day or so. Good stuff.